give someone else the godamn captains armband (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
Look at my avatar

<-------

This is a true captain. When he was first callred up for the Bosnia squad after the war, his family's life was threatened, with death threats being made if he decided to play, but he did,.
Well, that's just plain stupid IMO.

NEDVED

Nov 16, 2003
i dont agree with taking the captain band from del piero, simply because it would be bad for his reputation that del piero got stripped from his captain armband because he is not up to the task ...

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by king Ale ] ++

hmmmmm...I like him.he's had many fantastic matchs for Hamburg.but...I dun know how can we compare him to Alex.

he didn't compare alex with him. he just gave an example of a true leader.

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
DP is the captain cuz he is the fans favourite and a nice history with Juventus, but that is old now. We need someone stronger than him, Thuram or Zambrotta IMO ;)

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by ZhiXin ] ++
Thuram/Buffon should be the perfect candidate

I am a firm believer in the captain being an outfield player, and based on the leadership qualites in the players we have (motivation and determination most importantly), I think it should be between Thuram, Emerson and Cannavaro.

However, I'd give Thuram because he's the most seniour Juve player of the three.

But I agree, DP doesn't simpy cut it anymore.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++

Andy I'm not gonna shut this one down because i do think it has a unique discussion point - that being the Juvents captaincy rather than delpiero in general.

I know Tom, I was only being sarcastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)