give someone else the godamn captains armband (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Del Piero is not a true leader, he's not a fighter, we need someone with who will spur the other players on, lead by example and make them play better. But when our players see Del Piero running around a bit, without any real passion or will or aggressiveness, they're not really inspired, are they?

Buy on AliExpress.com

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002
the only leader is or should be Nedved.he deserves to be our captain.and that Italian thing is just stupid.so is the most capped player thing..

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++
Tacchinardi

but since he is not a regular...

Buffon

I think it should still be DP but what do I know I'm a Milanista :chessy:
Oh well, Italians do look at football in a different way than anyone else. In Italy Del Piero still is the most popular player. No matter what Totti does, he will never get the attention Del Piero gets.

And IMO, given the fact that NOBODY has ever symbolised Juventus as much as Alessandro Del Piero has done and still does, DP is the rightful captain. And no, that's not bullshit, we all know Del Piero's Juve's soul. Furthermore, I wouldn't cry if I saw Zlatan move elsewhere. Quite frankly I've never considered him a great player. Not even when he was playing in the Dutch league.

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++
DP is the rightful captain. And no, that's not bullshit, we all know Del Piero's Juve's soul .
we often hear that from fanatical fan, "he's the heart and soul of our team, we cannot sell him...bla, bla." seriously, i dont think he is

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
honestly,it's the funniest thing I've ever heared.yeah..Ale is playing bad..really bad..yeah..he deserves the bench.but it's damn funny that he even doesn't deserve the captain arm band after 11 years being a juve player.these 11 years shouldn't make him a fix player when he isn't inform but I think this "11 years"is worthy at least to make a player :"JUVE CAPITANO"..

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
he does deserve it when u count the years, but doesnt when u weigh his contribution on the field. HE shud inspire his teammates to do well.

for example, did u see Juve-Milan game? before the kick-off, the camera was focused on Emerson. HE was the one clapping and urging others.....go and see the replay.

my question is: who do u think shud do it?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

And IMO, given the fact that NOBODY has ever symbolised Juventus as much as Alessandro Del Piero has done and still does, DP is the rightful captain. And no, that's not bullshit, we all know Del Piero's Juve's soul. Furthermore, I wouldn't cry if I saw Zlatan move elsewhere. Quite frankly I've never considered him a great player. Not even when he was playing in the Dutch league.
Yeah, good call Seven. Lets just field Del Piero until his damn legs fall off, selling our better, younger players just to keep Del Piero in the side. Your Del Piero BIAS is quite retarded if you ask me.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

Yeah, good call Seven. Lets just field Del Piero until his damn legs fall off, selling our better, younger players just to keep Del Piero in the side. Your Del Piero BIAS is quite retarded if you ask me.
hey...he should sit on bench.I agree.but I can't understand why he should give the armband to another.as I said b4,when he plays,he should be our captain.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003

Oh well, Italians do look at football in a different way than anyone else. In Italy Del Piero still is the most popular player. No matter what Totti does, he will never get the attention Del Piero gets.

May God bless you for what you have said:)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

The point is Del Piero's legs aren't falling off. He can still play good football.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

The point is Del Piero's legs aren't falling off. He can still play good football.
If "good football" is being completely non-existent and inept in most of the matches, then so be it.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Oh please. Yes, Del Piero isn't as good as he used to be. But he's still a good player. You simply fail to recognise that because you are blinded by how he has played before.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Blined by how he has played before? Isn't that the only way we can judge him, by seeing how he has played before? Give up Seven, its a losing battle.

I think these Del Piero threads should be closed. The Alex supporters are getting mauled with their inane statements which frankly are reminiscient of posters who just have to say something, even if it makes little sense.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by king Ale ] ++

hey...he should sit on bench.I agree.but I can't understand why he should give the armband to another.as I said b4,when he plays,he should be our captain.

a player who is benched can't wear the captain armband. ;)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by king Ale ] ++
honestly,it's the funniest thing I've ever heared.yeah..Ale is playing bad..really bad..yeah..he deserves the bench.but it's damn funny that he even doesn't deserve the captain arm band after 11 years being a juve player.these 11 years shouldn't make him a fix player when he isn't inform but I think this "11 years"is worthy at least to make a player :"JUVE CAPITANO"..
Ciro has been with us for what, 12-13 years now?

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by kaizer ] ++
for example, did u see Juve-Milan game? before the kick-off, the camera was focused on Emerson. HE was the one clapping and urging others.....go and see the replay.
Yep! Spot on, saw that as well.

Andy I'm not gonna shut this one down because i do think it has a unique discussion point - that being the Juvents captaincy rather than delpiero in general.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Oh please. Yes, Del Piero isn't as good as he used to be. But he's still a good player. You simply fail to recognise that because you are blinded by how he has played before.
He might be Lazio good, Palermo good or Sampdoria good, but in Juve he's just average, if not even below average, and I think we have the right to want more.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Look at my avatar

<-------

This is a true captain. When he was first callred up for the Bosnia squad after the war, his family's life was threatened, with death threats being made if he decided to play, but he did, he always gives 110%, has authority over the other players, never complains, plays when injured, and altho he was once the Bundesliga's top scorer, he plays a sweeper, holding midfielder, playmaker or winger, whatever is asked of him. Compared to Del Piero who refused to play playmaker in a friendly match prior to WC2002. And Barbarez never complains, not even a word. He might not be the best player in the world, most technically gifted or talented, but whoever has seen him play cant deny he has heart. Now, compare him to Del Piero and tell me who the true captain is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)