Fullbacks first... Striker later. (3 Viewers)

Which one of the two do you think we need to fix first

• Full-backs, RB and LB or at least one of them

• Striker

Results are only viewable after voting.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Then who for CB?

I think once we found some quality LB/RB's they will find themselves clicking better since they won't be having to cover two dumb asses beside them.
Beats me.

I think we're just going to have to hope that they start clicking sooner or later. We'll obviously not be getting a replacement for Bonucci anytime soon, since we spent a bundle on him.
Thing is, as long as Chiellini plays his usual quality game, then we're fine because he covers for Bonucci's (positional) mistakes. Sadly, the exact opposite never happens. If Giorgio has an off day, we go down.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Beats me.

I think we're just going to have to hope that they start clicking sooner or later. We'll obviously not be getting a replacement for Bonucci anytime soon, since we spent a bundle on him.
Thing is, as long as Chiellini plays his usual quality game, then we're fine because he covers for Bonucci's (positional) mistakes. Sadly, the exact opposite never happens. If Giorgio has an off day, we go down.
I think Sorensen has being doing well, perhaps give him a shot at CB.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Maybe. Difficult to say how he would do as a CB. But it's not going to happen anyway. We made the choice to go with Bonucci & I see us sticking with him for quite some time.

Edit: maybe I should mention again that I don't think Bonucci is a bad player. It's just that he's, individually speaking, not that much better than Legro. While I think he's less fitting to our exact needs, which as a result means that we haven't improved the CB position. If that makes any sense...

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
Forlan + RB and wait for DC to return and we would easily be in top 4.

Oh yeah, Get rid of Momo without replacing him. Let Aqua and Melo play CM with Marchisio being the only backup. We don't have time to get a replacement for Momo if not Raktic kid can come for peanuts.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Forlan + RB and wait for DC to return and we would easily be in top 4.

Oh yeah, Get rid of Momo without replacing him. Let Aqua and Melo play CM with Marchisio being the only backup. We don't have time to get a replacement for Momo if not Raktic kid can come for peanuts.
ok so this?

Buffon
Sorensen-Bonucci-Chiellini-De Ceglie

Krasic-Aqui-Melo-Marchisio

Forlan-Toni​

What RB? Cuz right now all I can think of is playing Sorensen at the moment.

Maybe the Smart ASS deneb can come up with another brilliant idea.

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
With all due respect to the majority of forum memebers "going by the poll results"
I voted "striker" for the simple fact that we seemed to do fine and even title contender at times when we had Iaq and Quag running our attacking force with the very same squad and manager.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
ok so this?

Buffon
Sorensen-Bonucci-Chiellini-De Ceglie

Krasic-Aqui-Melo-Marchisio

Forlan-Toni​

What RB? Cuz right now all I can think of is playing Sorensen at the moment.

Maybe the Smart ASS deneb can come up with another brilliant idea.

I would bench Marchisio for once to see how our midfield would work with Pepe being LM.

As far is RB concern, its very hard to get the good ones in January, especially because we are broke. But the fact is that we need one.

el Manco

May 25, 2010
I would bench Marchisio for once to see how our midfield would work with Pepe being LM.

As far is RB concern, its very hard to get the good ones in January, especially because we are broke. But the fact is that we need one.
We should let Pessotto play. Considering the current level of Serie A, he should be fine.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Sorensen has been shredded a few times because he is brand spanking new. Let the kid learn, man. All you guys are so eager for experience while disregarding what it takes to get it. Making mistakes is a good thing in terms of learning when you are 18. Hell, look at all the fouls and PKs chiellini has given through the years. Look at Melo, but people are begging for his return. I feel like a name tag gets you a free pass in this forum and I am tired of it.

DC was playing much better and progressing whether people care to admit it. He was doing better than Grosso/Grygera combined.

There frankly aren't any good wingbacks available. So we either suck it up and play as a team instead of depending on 4 players or we start building other areas like our attack until an option arrives for a good LB or RB. Why buy another average defender on a 3-4 yr contract, get stuck with him like we did with Amauri, Sissoko, Grygera, etc or just wait until we can finally get someone that will bring us results?
I am completely ready to let Sorenson learn buddy, but that doesn't mean we rely on an out of position 18 y/o to lock down a crucial position. There are other ways to get the kid some valuable experience than to simply throw him to the wolves. Chiellini was older, and people are begging for Melo's return because he's been one of our 3-4 best players this season (Krasic/Qtube/Melo/Chiello).

I would be curious to see how many teams (in the past 5 years or so) depended heavily on an 18 year old defender as first choice, and qualified for CL. Generally speaking, it's not a good idea, and we desperately need that money.

DC was playing much better, but even if he returns to form, we still only have one capable LB.

I would ask you to flip your 3rd point around, apply it to our forwards, and ask where all the good young, available, affordable strikers are at the moment. Our geriatric forward unit is already very crowded, so adding another creaking stop gap/player in decline with a bloated salary that runs beyond this season could hurt the club a lot. A mistake with a January forward purchase could be much more expensive...

As I said before, I'm still interested to see Martinez as a SS. 12M spent, and we really still don't quite know what we have.

Also, we don't know that there aren't any good young fullbacks available. We may not know who they are, but frankly, we fans don't really know that much when it comes to things of this nature.

Rakitic could be an interesting player for the left side (Edit: of the midfield)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Beats me.

Well, we know who isn't the right addition, and that's the guy Marotta seems to be going after... Barzagli. We obviously need a smart ball handler next to Chiellini, someone like Mexes. But looking at how the duo has played thus far, they have not done too poorly. I think if we get the fullback situation sorted out, Bonucci and Chiellini will be able to concentrate a little more on marking up in the box. That's the thing about Bonucci, he gets pulled out right because of the idiocy we have out there, and then becomes flustered.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)