Fullbacks first... Striker later. (20 Viewers)

Which one of the two do you think we need to fix first

• Full-backs, RB and LB or at least one of them

• Striker

Results are only viewable after voting.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Knowing how we play? Its always backwards and not "forwards".

On another note though, we lack creativity as well, i mean when krasic is marked by two or three, we struggle to make something if anything for the strikers, whilst whatever we do make is thrown away anyway. So lets say we get ourself a super goal machine, poor guys going to be pretty frustated and turn into an amauri coming back and chesting the ball into the ground. Not saying amauri was a super goal machine :snoop:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Watching our last two games makes me wonder, why was everyone concerned about Dzeko's arrival or asking for Cassano when we are ignoring the defensive problems??

I can live with Iaquinta, Del Piero, Toni, Amauri but I can't live with Motta, Grygera, Grosso and the likes no more. They are costing us goals much more than the wages we are paying the squad. Much more.

19 games

33 goals we scored = 1.8 goals per match. Almost 2 goals.

24 goals we conceded = 1.3 goals per match. At least 1 goal we are conceding each match.

Chiellini-Bonucci partnership to me and I've said it many times before is anything but solid partnership, I admit we do get hyper at times that we think they complete each others but fact is the likes of Bari and Chievo can still embarass them.

Today for example, 3 crosses 3 goals all scored from one player Cavani. I don't even want to mention what Grygera showed on the field because it makes me sick but seriously 3 copy paste goals?

I know how many of you here love Chiellini but for the million times he will never be in the top 3defenders if he doesn't learn how to organize the defense line and cover our opponents target man like they're supposed to be covered. I want to see the Ferrara, Montero, Thuram in him. He's not that young and he's in his best years. Even Igor was a better organizer at times than Chiellini is now.

Last, the cash we are planning to spend on striker should urgently be spend on Full backs first. No question no thinking twice.

We strengthen our defense we fix our main problems, goals will always come if you have strong defensive line.

I would like to hear from you, do you really think we are in-need of strikers more than fullbacks?
Not entirely true.

Ask Amauri that. Goals will not always come, even when you dominate possession. There have been games with the same defenders we always use where we dominate possession and never score and lost 2 points because we fucking tie. I would rather lose games 10-0 than continuously tie so we can pick up those crucial games against the minnows that we always choke on.

I am sorry, but those kinds of games aren't won by a strong backline and a pathetic offense that can't put away chances. I am tired of hoping we get a corner so Bonucci, Legro (like last game), and Chiellini score the winner because not one fucking person here trusts our offense to do it. And if there was a sliver of hope it went out of the fucking door last week against Parma when Quag went out. The arrival of Toni made me feel a bit better after watching him today dominate in a brand new team in his first game while the piece of shit amauri watches, wondering what his job is.

It is sad that we have to bring a guy like Luca Toni at his age to strengthen our attack and if you all are fooled by a less than sharp Grygera or Grosso and would rather have Amauri's ruining anything positive in our play then I am a bit surprised. When we are a scoring threat our play goes up, confidence as well, not to mention the psychological threat that poses of other teams hoping to keep the ball out of their net.

You don't see us going to Palermo and shivering at their backline, hell even Napoli's doesn't strike fear into the minds of other teams but their fucking offense does. You can guarantee any team Milan plays will be pissing their pants having to face the likes of what they have. And what do those teams do? They tactically change their play to try and control those superstars. Tiago silva is the only good defender they have when nesta isn't around. They have no world class goalie or wing backs, etc. Pirlo/gattuso/flamini aren't world beaters anymore, but their offense can fucking pound a 2 pound pussy from 2 galaxies away. Our's can't.

Smart football isn't always having the best defensive line. We can keep the ball out of our goal for 90 mins but if we can't score we are just going to drop points anyways and I'm tired of losing because of wasted chances.

Give me a smart LM, good Sissoko replacement and a world class striker that can score more than once a year and I am happy with a sorensen-bonucci-chiellini-Dc backline for now...not to mention when superman returns will have a huge effect on the team and it's defensive organization.

1 striker please...full backs next.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Knowing how we play? Its always backwards and not "forwards".

On another note though, we lack creativity as well, i mean when krasic is marked by two or three, we struggle to make something if anything for the strikers, whilst whatever we do make is thrown away anyway. So lets say we get ourself a super goal machine, poor guys going to be pretty frustated and turn into an amauri coming back and chesting the ball into the ground. Not saying amauri was a super goal machine :snoop:
I think you fail to realize just how many chances we waste. How many headers today by Toni and Amauri were either saved or went wide? That's what I mean.

Frustrated? The only thing that a super goal machine would get pissed about is the massive amounts of crosses from a winger like Krasic will give, add to that perhaps a Gio on the left with Aqu servicing them blind folded. What is frustrating about that? You forget the many Trez tap ins where he was a ghost for 89 mins and came out of no where.

We don't have anyone that clinical anymore. Not even CLOSE.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
There is a big difference in the the way Amauri is a ghost for 90 mins versus a Trez that is a ghost for 89 and scores bringing Juve the 3 pts we needed.

That is the definition of clinical at it's best. Dzeko would have been great because he can produce on his own when needed.

This Juventus does not have anyone that is either clinical in the Trez sense or Dzeko sense. That is bad. That is very fucking bad.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Let us not forget that Napoli is a team that can attack through the flanks. Half serie A sides cannot. Whats even more important is that THEY GOT A CLEAN SHEET with their defense.

If we concede early in a game (and the best defenses in the world do that), kiss it goodbye.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Let us not forget that Napoli is a team that can attack through the flanks. Half serie A sides cannot. Whats even more important is that THEY GOT A CLEAN SHEET with their defense.

If we concede early in a game (and the best defenses in the world do that), kiss it goodbye.
Boom! You are on fire, Hist.

People here expect us to have a clean sheet and not score apparently. And the few times we do, those will be our wins.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
There is a big difference in the the way Amauri is a ghost for 90 mins versus a Trez that is a ghost for 89 and scores bringing Juve the 3 pts we needed.

That is the definition of clinical at it's best. Dzeko would have been great because he can produce on his own when needed.

This Juventus does not have anyone that is either clinical in the Trez sense or Dzeko sense. That is bad. That is very fucking bad.
One thing Quag has but Amauri doesn't is that he fucking MOVES. He stretches defenses with or without the ball. Toni barely moves as well.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
One thing Quag has but Amauri doesn't is that he fucking MOVES. He stretches defenses with or without the ball. Toni barely moves as well.
But Toni can actually hold up the ball when he gets it! Amauri loses it and falls over. Toni is excellent at getting his head on the ball and at least getting it towards goal, hence his first goal that was disallowed.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Anyway, there are no available fullbacks on the market.
And it's a question if there are quality fullbacks that can be bought by overpaying for them. There aren't many great fullbacks and the existing ones play for the big teams.
For me fullbacks too come before a striker, but with the lack of top quality in fullback position and if a top quality striker is available, then I choose the striker ahead of the fullbacks because I don't want us to splash money on average players.

That is why I wanted Dzeko when he was available. Top players don't come too often now, especially for a club like ours that can easily lose bidding wars to at least 10 teams.
Juve can't settle for anything less than top talent right now or we will fall deeper and deeper into averageness.

Cirillo

Nov 10, 2009
And it's a question if there are quality fullbacks that can be bought by overpaying for them. There aren't many great fullbacks and the existing ones play for the big teams.
For me fullbacks too come before a striker, but with the lack of top quality in fullback position and if a top quality striker is available, then I choose the striker ahead of the fullbacks because I don't want us to splash money on average players.

That is why I wanted Dzeko when he was available. Top players don't come too often now, especially for a club like ours that can easily lose bidding wars to at least 10 teams.
Juve can't settle for anything less than top talent right now or we will fall deeper and deeper into averageness.
I agree that Juventus should be looking for the best possible players available. In a perfect world that player would be a fullback (or two) and then a striker, but if a top quality striker becomes available then that would be my choice.

You can't get a team from average to awesome by bolstering the squad with mediocre players. Motta, DC, Grosso, Pepe, Amauri and co don't strike fear into oppositions, and Juve always had teams that had the game won mentally before the players stepped on to the pitch (this was Capello's greatest strength). I know that at the moment we're not that Juventus but it still shouldn't change out mindset when looking to buy players. Quality over quantity every time I say!

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
We would be better on the left, that's for sure....shit I would have taken him over DC, grosso, traore, etc any day of the week.

It's interesting watching us get tore apart by average defences.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
Definitely Agree on this thread.. We don't need new striker, CM, or winger before we fix our fullbacks.. We keep changing our fullback slot and that show that all of them is inconsistent..

Our fullback has no ability to even block the cross made by opponent and this kind of play is always dangerous for our defense to get conceded.. The opponent winger can easily pick their target in penalty box and send a good crosses. I hope this last 2 games made Marotta realize it..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)