Fullbacks first... Striker later. (1 Viewer)

Which one of the two do you think we need to fix first

• Full-backs, RB and LB or at least one of them

• Striker

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jul 28, 2002
Well, we know who isn't the right addition, and that's the guy Marotta seems to be going after... Barzagli. We obviously need a smart ball handler next to Chiellini, someone like Mexes. But looking at how the duo has played thus far, they have not done too poorly. I think if we get the fullback situation sorted out, Bonucci and Chiellini will be able to concentrate a little more on marking up in the box. That's the thing about Bonucci, he gets pulled out right because of the idiocy we have out there, and then becomes flustered.
Exactly...chaos at times.

Sadly as inter have now made their hall mark, defending is a team task and we as a team have been biblically poor the last two games. All the players are to blame but IMHO the del Neri needs a kick, it is his responsibility to organise the boys and he is failing spectacularly.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Well, we know who isn't the right addition, and that's the guy Marotta seems to be going after... Barzagli. We obviously need a smart ball handler next to Chiellini, someone like Mexes.
Aah yes, Barzagli. The answer to all our defensive problems.

But looking at how the duo has played thus far, they have not done too poorly. I think if we get the fullback situation sorted out, Bonucci and Chiellini will be able to concentrate a little more on marking up in the box. That's the thing about Bonucci, he gets pulled out right because of the idiocy we have out there, and then becomes flustered.
This is where I would disagree. Sure, they haven't been as abysmal as the full backs at times, but I just cannot be happy with what I've seen. And the amount of times Chiellini has had to cover for Bonucci has been incredible, unacceptable even.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
If we are going to sign a quality player, then I want fullbacks first...
If not, then it doesn't make a difference if its a striker or FB :shifty:

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Both were linked with us in the summer. So i guess we were looking into them but couldn't get rid of the current ones(Grygera, Grosso) to get them.
Not really. We had no links with Cissokho as he wasn't available. He is now and he will leave in the summer most likely, it's why I mentioned him.

As for Trem, yeah, we wanted him but he was expensive. I mean, why buy a fullback for 12mln who would do great when you can buy Martinez for the same amount and play him out of position?

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
I would be happy with Beck and depending on De Ceglie's development a good LB. Trem would be awesome.
De Ceglie has proven time & time again that he isn't worthy of a starting spot, he is however good as a squad player. We definitely need to address the FB positions with sound players.

We should look at a more attacking LB & a defensive RB to give Krasic the freedom to do his job best. If we got Elia then another defensively sound LB would be fine, just provided they could actually pass & execute some crosses.

Gamaro

The Arabian Knight
Aug 6, 2007
So what fullbacks do you actually want, what are the quality fullbacks available, some names?
Actually no one,all the mentioned names are decent but just another gamble.Honestly i have an idea that i think many of you would oppose,it is that it's better from my point of view to retransform Chiellini to his original position LB and buy a world class CB instead,i see it 10 times better to buy Vidic who is no doubt one of the best CBs in the world if not the best rathar than buying Cissokho or Tremoulinas,

Judge yourself what is better?

Bonucci - Vidic - Chiellini OR Bonucci - Chiellini - Cissokho/ Tremoulinas

Adding to that,Cissokho for example was bought by Lyon for 15m,that means they won't let him go for less that 18 to 20 million,and Lyon has a great History in selling their players for huge amounts.In the other hand,Vidic can be obtained in the range of 20m.

For RB,i see Beck is good but Andy Van Der Wiel is better and a more complete player.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Once again we have negleted this problem we are having from the day we have sold Zambro and turned first Thuram and then Chiellini into CBs, almost a decade has pasted and we are still uncapable of fixing our FB issues, i guess we never will...

We dont want to, the rest of the world aknowledges this as our greatest issue, since the Molinaro days, everybody but our managers, who would do everything not to invest some cash for this position...

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
The most shocking thing about this regime and the reason I've lost confidence is the lack of fullbacks in a system that absolutely requires them.

How can you play 4-4-2 without fullbacks? That's like the first thing you check off when looking at this formation.

Management: "Krasic is tired from a year of football".

Management: "Hey, let's play him wide right without a fullback who even crosses half and two strikers who both literally run to the penalty spot and wait for magic."

Fans: "Krasic is overrated, see."

If you're going to play this shit formation at least play it right.

Fucking Roy Hodgson could take Delneri to school: http://www.uefa.com/trainingground/tactics/formations/video/videoid=519235.html

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Cissokho would be amazing to have here. Lyon bought him for €15M, so expect nothing less than that to get him though.

OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #120
    Perfection. This is what Marotta and Del Neri want, Sorensen to play Full-back and keep on buying strikers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)