Fullbacks first... Striker later. (1 Viewer)

Which one of the two do you think we need to fix first

• Full-backs, RB and LB or at least one of them

• Striker

Results are only viewable after voting.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I'd have to agree with Hustini on this one. With DC back, we have a pretty decent backline with Sorensen playing on the left.

Our attack on the other hand could not be any further from decent, especially with Quaggz out for the rest of the season. Our best striker is Del Piero with Toni coming second. Think about that. It's sad, very fucking sad. The amount of easy chances Amauri himself squanders away as if that's what he's getting paid for is insane. Then we have Iaquinta who is 3d-4th choice at best.

As far as the headers go, you can't put that on the fullbacks, the CB's should take just as big a part of the blame.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
I kinda agree. Del Piero has been horrible and he's only able to keep up for about 30 minutes. Toni is our best striker. :sergio:

This is like a bad dream..
Toni only had one game to play. He can be anywhere between Amauri and his former self.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
With DC back, we have a pretty decent backline with Sorensen playing on the left.
I don't understand this logic. Celia was playing his best football ever, but it was a limited stretch of games, and he's coming off an injury. By no means is he assured of regaining the form of his career, especially if the team continues to struggle and morale ends up in the shitter.

Sorenson on the other hand has been much better then expected, but he's also been shredded in a few matches, most recently by Seba. He's 18, and while he may be playing decently, if his confidence falters he could fall right off - it happens to youngsters all the time! I don't want to depend on an 18 y/o CB to be our solution at RB!

I'm not sure how our back line qualifies as 'pretty decent', even when all of our guys are healthy. Frankly, I think it's brutal, and I'm not really sure how it can be argued that it's any better than mediocre.

Udinese, Lecce, Brescia, Bari. Those are the ONLY teams that have conceded more goals than us this season (a few teams are tied at 24). That is a downright embarrassing statistic to be associated with midway through the season.

Anyone recall how we allowed 3 more goals then relegated Atalanta last year, before finishing 7th? We had a -1 goal differential! Does anybody think that Bonucci, Motta, Traore, Sorenson and a wounded Rinaudo have fixed such a glaring weakness? How about an aging Legro?

I want a new striker as well, but seriously, how can we not attempt to fix at least one of those starting FB slots before getting another forward?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
We simply need to fill too many positions. There's no such thing as a "quick fix" in our situation as we also must build for the long-term as well. Both fullback roles, a left-winger, a replacement for Sissoko, and another support striker are all needed... impossible to fill right now. And it's not like we need just run of the mill improvements, we need quality. Not going to happen until the summer at the earliest.

This is why I'm not so crazy about Marotta's transfer campaign last summer. All this talk of building a solid base of players and working good deals, yet we still face similar problems as we did last year.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Pretty soon Hustini is going to make videos of him burning Amauri shirts and claim the player is controlling grammar to stay at the club.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
We simply need to fill too many positions. There's no such thing as a "quick fix" in our situation as we also must build for the long-term as well. Both fullback roles, a left-winger, a replacement for Sissoko, and another support striker are all needed... impossible to fill right now. And it's not like we need just run of the mill improvements, we need quality. Not going to happen until the summer at the earliest.

This is why I'm not so crazy about Marotta's transfer campaign last summer. All this talk of building a solid base of players and working good deals, yet we still face similar problems as we did last year.
Totally agree, there is no quick fix, and we fans have a really limited scope on the details of our budget, player availability, and pricing. Without knowing those variables...

Jorge will be coming back soon, hopefully he'll finally get an opportunity at SS; he definitely needs to be deployed closer to goal.

It would be really nice if there was an available LB (named Tremoulinas). That way we might have the position totally covered once DC returns. Also, if Paolo is still ripping it up, we could try fielding him some at LM and see how it goes... it might work, and he'd provide decent support for Trem...

Sadly, Tremoulinas is probably not available and the way things are going, he could be out of our price range to boot.

juventino899

Dec 29, 2009
Definitely full backs thats why we're conceding so many goals imo our stikers aren't world class but we can get a few goals in with Toni in attack especially with Krasic supplying the crosses.

OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #75

You know you want it!
    Watching last night's game made me think of Molinaro and how we let him go and sign Grosso who was supposed to solve all LB problems.

Molinaro was weak, but he never got humiliated so bad like the times Grosso, Grygera, Motta and the likes got this season and last one.

Ranieri was spot on to stick on him and made an excellent choice to ignore Grosso's link to the club in 2007-08.

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    I don't understand this logic. Celia was playing his best football ever, but it was a limited stretch of games, and he's coming off an injury. By no means is he assured of regaining the form of his career, especially if the team continues to struggle and morale ends up in the shitter.

Sorenson on the other hand has been much better then expected, but he's also been shredded in a few matches, most recently by Seba. He's 18, and while he may be playing decently, if his confidence falters he could fall right off - it happens to youngsters all the time! I don't want to depend on an 18 y/o CB to be our solution at RB!

I'm not sure how our back line qualifies as 'pretty decent', even when all of our guys are healthy. Frankly, I think it's brutal, and I'm not really sure how it can be argued that it's any better than mediocre.

Udinese, Lecce, Brescia, Bari. Those are the ONLY teams that have conceded more goals than us this season (a few teams are tied at 24). That is a downright embarrassing statistic to be associated with midway through the season.

Anyone recall how we allowed 3 more goals then relegated Atalanta last year, before finishing 7th? We had a -1 goal differential! Does anybody think that Bonucci, Motta, Traore, Sorenson and a wounded Rinaudo have fixed such a glaring weakness? How about an aging Legro?

I want a new striker as well, but seriously, how can we not attempt to fix at least one of those starting FB slots before getting another forward?
    Sorensen has been shredded a few times because he is brand spanking new. Let the kid learn, man. All you guys are so eager for experience while disregarding what it takes to get it. Making mistakes is a good thing in terms of learning when you are 18. Hell, look at all the fouls and PKs chiellini has given through the years. Look at Melo, but people are begging for his return. I feel like a name tag gets you a free pass in this forum and I am tired of it.

DC was playing much better and progressing whether people care to admit it. He was doing better than Grosso/Grygera combined.

There frankly aren't any good wingbacks available. So we either suck it up and play as a team instead of depending on 4 players or we start building other areas like our attack until an option arrives for a good LB or RB. Why buy another average defender on a 3-4 yr contract, get stuck with him like we did with Amauri, Sissoko, Grygera, etc or just wait until we can finally get someone that will bring us results?

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
    May 22, 2009
    In all honesty, what we need is (yet again) a kick in the nuts. Adding a few quality players really isn't going to help us much if we keep lacking motivation & grinta.
    There are too many problems to fix anyway, especially at the back.

We're all familiar with the full back situation, but I for one am not pleased with the CB pair either. Chiellini is (usually) great, but he needs a certain type of CB next to him. Bonucci doesn't seem to be that player. We're already halfway trough the season and they still haven't clicked.
    The best post Calciopoli CB- partnership we had was Legro - Chiellini, not because Legro is or was better than Bonucci, but simply because they were compatible.

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    Then who for CB?

I think once we found some quality LB/RB's they will find themselves clicking better since they won't be having to cover two dumb asses beside them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)