Fullbacks first... Striker later. (2 Viewers)

Which one of the two do you think we need to fix first

• Full-backs, RB and LB or at least one of them

• Striker

Results are only viewable after voting.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Watching our last two games makes me wonder, why was everyone concerned about Dzeko's arrival or asking for Cassano when we are ignoring the defensive problems??

I can live with Iaquinta, Del Piero, Toni, Amauri but I can't live with Motta, Grygera, Grosso and the likes no more. They are costing us goals much more than the wages we are paying the squad. Much more.

19 games

33 goals we scored = 1.8 goals per match. Almost 2 goals.

24 goals we conceded = 1.3 goals per match. At least 1 goal we are conceding each match.

Chiellini-Bonucci partnership to me and I've said it many times before is anything but solid partnership, I admit we do get hyper at times that we think they complete each others but fact is the likes of Bari and Chievo can still embarass them.

Today for example, 3 crosses 3 goals all scored from one player Cavani. I don't even want to mention what Grygera showed on the field because it makes me sick but seriously 3 copy paste goals?

I know how many of you here love Chiellini but for the million times he will never be in the top 3defenders if he doesn't learn how to organize the defense line and cover our opponents target man like they're supposed to be covered. I want to see the Ferrara, Montero, Thuram in him. He's not that young and he's in his best years. Even Igor was a better organizer at times than Chiellini is now.

Last, the cash we are planning to spend on striker should urgently be spend on Full backs first. No question no thinking twice.

We strengthen our defense we fix our main problems, goals will always come if you have strong defensive line.

I would like to hear from you, do you really think we are in-need of strikers more than fullbacks?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Sure fullbacks at this very point.

They have no excuses whatsoever. They all suck.

We'd manage to win with current strikers if our defends do it's job. In January I'd be happy with a left back as Sorensen is decent enough. But you know what, even if we buy some fullbacks I'm pretty sure they'll still be average at best.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
They cost us a goal per game. Any idiot could see we needed fullbacks since the start of the season.

4-4-2 without fullbacks :sergio:

What a team.

OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #4
    Sure fullbacks at this very point.

They have no excuses whatsoever. They all suck.

We'd manage to win with current strikers if our defends do it's job. In January I'd be happy with a left back as Sorensen is decent enough. But you know what, even if we buy some fullbacks I'm pretty sure they'll still be average at best.
    Exactly. Only Milan have scored more goals than us. 1 more goal than us.

But we're the 3rd worst defense in Italy right now.

To me this says a lot. Full-backs ASAP.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    Sorensen isn't ready to play a whole season at right back, we need two fullbacks with De Ceglie injured. And even then, it's not just about the ability of the player, but the unit as a whole to defend.

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #7
    They cost us a goal per game. Any idiot could see we needed fullbacks since the start of the season.

4-4-2 without fullbacks :sergio:

What a team.
    Makes me wonder why the Dzeko/Cassano/Gila/Pazzo get all the hype surrounding their moves to Juventus and Full-backs options are ignored.

Even by Del Neri and our Management.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    Exactly. Only Milan have scored more goals than us. 1 more goal than us.

But we're the 3rd worst defense in Italy right now.

To me this says a lot. Full-backs ASAP.
    Then again, at this time I wouldn't ignore strikers easily only because Quag is out. I'm pretty sure current strikers would hold their own but not at the level they did with Quag here.

Anyway, there are no available fullbacks on the market. The best one might be Tremoulinas but out of our reach because of his price I assume - and I'm still talking about summer because I doubt they'd sell him now.

I don't want mediocre players anymore that we might provide. The likes of Ziegler, Behrami and co. aren't welcome IMO.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    Sorensen isn't ready to play a whole season at right back, we need two fullbacks with De Ceglie injured. And even then, it's not just about the ability of the player, but the unit as a whole to defend.
    So far Sorensen did great.

Looking at our current look I highly doubt we could afford 2 new defenders and IMO a left back should be a priority since at least we have a choice for RB. And left, Grosso? No thanks.

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #13
    Then again, at this time I wouldn't ignore strikers easily only because Quag is out. I'm pretty sure current strikers would hold their own but not at the level they did with Quag here. .
    100%. And it's why I think we should sign a striker but only after we buy decent fullbacks, at least one of them, will ease the pain watching both Grygera and Grosso on the field.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    So far Sorensen did great.

Looking at our current look I highly doubt we could afford 2 new defenders and IMO a left back should be a priority since at least we have a choice for RB. And left, Grosso? No thanks.
    Great considering his experience and position, but he made enough errors to suggest he shouldn't be in every game. I'm not going to criticise him because no way does he deserve it, he couldn't do any worse anyway. Maybe we don't have enough for two defenders, January isn't the time to shop anyway.

This season is going to be so tough now, I keep thinking back to the Quagliarella injury :sergio: If our current attack doesn't pull its weight we will struggle, it was only because we could find goals we weren't losing.

Salvo

J
    Dec 17, 2007
    A good attacking LB, who of course can defend as well would be great. With Marchisio at LM we can afford a bit more of an attacking full back IMO.

But really, who is there?

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
    May 27, 2009
    Anyone to replace Grosso and Motta. Play Pepe I don't care. I don't want to see them again in our jersey, ever.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
    May 27, 2009
    He did fairly well there for a winger. We cannot afford to have him play there until Melo's back though.

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
    Normally I'd say a striker, but after conceding 7 goals in last 2 games, hell yes we need full backs, and a good ones too. This is just a disgrace. I'm gutted. We need to invest heavily or we going to fail to reach CL. And instead of that we've plans for, uhm, Floro Flores and dumbasses like that guy. I don't even think about Scudetto anymore, we can't win that with these players without quailty and/or determination. Elkann, Agneli, step up God damn it, I don't give a fuck about Ferrari nor new Fiat series, give the club some money. Van der Wiel, now, please.

Nomuken

NUMB
    Contributor
    Dec 14, 2009
    RB must, very Urgent. Traore is developing nicely looks promising very fast good enough for now since were obviously tight on money. Grygera only blocked one cross the whole game just ball watched the rest of the match...disappointing to see him in our club this many years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)