FIFA Confederations Cup 2009 (13 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
As Juventus fans we have to hape Italy lose their last game. They will go home and the tournament will have been awful. People will start thinking about Del Piero again and Ale will think he might make the team next year.

And then he will play a very, very good season for us.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Even if they qualify, I must admit I haven't seen such a boring side like this side. It's a lot different when you have someone like Del Piero there no matter what. Toni, Gila, Quaggy, Pepe are no joy to watch.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Quaggy is though. That pass to Iaquinta was brilliant. I'm a huge Quagliarella fan. I know he sucks most of the time, but when he does something right, it's fantastic :D.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
see bisco, i like fans like you, you speak the truth. i always had respect for egypt, i knew it was going to be difficult, like i said there making out as if this was the biggest upset in footballing history here in aus, but egypt are a tough side. good luck to egypt in the future.

i think lippi is experimenting hopefully its a wake up call though. also the U21's were on so the young players will come through eventually.
Wow. This is just weird. I tried to +rep you, but it says I have to spread some reputation first. That has never happened to me before.
thank u guys!

@xsemprejuvex: thats really nice of u.

@seven: i get that all the time so no worries.:beer:

i think lippi ( at least knowing him from his time at juve) will draw conclusions at the end of this tournament and will start making massive changes to the current squad.

i feel it takes more than lippi if italy want to give in a good fight for there title next summer. apart from lippi i think there is a massive responsibility for the clubs to start pushing the u-21 starlets into there ranks so they can gain much need expierence ahead of the next world cup. players like marchisio for example go from level to another as we've seen this season when they get much playing time so i hope giovinco, aqua man, balotelli, santon, cristico, etc etc get much playing time this season so they could be ready for lippi to call up.

as for cassano, like his attidute or not the guy has talent and i personally am not his biggest fan but he would've added alot to italy in this tourny.

Naggar

Bianconero
Sep 4, 2007
People are still partying in the streets here :D

But seriously as much as i was happy, i felt bad for Iaquinta's unbelievable bad luck
and Italy's crap defence
and lack of creativity

I think this just shows how much Alessandro and Cassano are needed

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I think it's already obvious.
Yeah, I think so too. I think Egypt will beat the USA. The USA aren't as bad as people make them out to be, but Egypt will be way too clever. They are however not very strong physically. I think the Americans may be better athletes.

Jun 13, 2007
Quaggy is fucking terrible. It's a mystery how players like him are called up ahead of Cassano, Del piero, and even Di Natale.

The thing with Italy is not that they lack creative talent, it seems that they can't really find a good formation where Gatusso, Pirlo, and De Rossi can all play. I think Lippi should drop Gatusso; he's practically useless. I say De Rossi, Pirlo, and Montolivo should make up Italy's midfield. They should throw Rossi behind Gilardino and Iaquinta and maybe they'll have a shot against Brazil.

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
I think one year is probably enough to integrate a few of the younger players. He doesn't want to revolutionize the squad too quickly because some of the older players have valuable experience and can give advice to the younger players. I remember back in 2005, the squads Lippi fielded in qualifying and whatnot were pretty different from the squad he ended up bringing to the world cup in 06. Lippi still has one year which is a significant amount of time to make changes.

Nov 1, 2002
im still wondering why Zambrotta played 90 mins

i really love Lippi and i think hes one of the best coaches but to play Gattuso is another joke, and why the hell did he put in Toni instead of Gilardino whos always look annoying to the defenders like pippo even when he dont score he put the defence under pressure because hes kind of player who look for every ball coming in the attack

Dec 10, 2006
Hmmm...The match was just amazing! Egypt players were playin' good and that was why I shocked, cuz I've never seen their matches before recently!
im still wondering why Zambrotta played 90 mins
i really love Lippi and i think hes one of the best coaches but to play Gattuso is another joke, and why the hell did he put in Toni instead of Gilardino whos always look annoying to the defenders like pippo even when he dont score he put the defence under pressure because hes kind of player who look for every ball coming in the attack
Agreed! Well I think Lippi did some grave mistakes, by lettin' Zambro play 90 mins or puttin' Gattuso in the starting line up.
I still cannot find out why he became so fearfull when Egypt scores. he had 1 half and in my mind, it was enough time to have enough opportunities n beat them!
IQ was unlucky, but to be honest, Egypt's gk was fantastick! He saved many times, even when the ball was going to be put beyond him in the net, he saved it! Damn!
Pirlo looks extremely slow and tired, and proved too many times that he shouldnt be taking the free-kicks
Totally agreed! I do like Pirlo, but I really don't know what the hell he was doing with free kicks! :frown: Goddamn it...!

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Yeah, I think so too. I think Egypt will beat the USA. The USA aren't as bad as people make them out to be, but Egypt will be way too clever. They are however not very strong physically. I think the Americans may be better athletes.
That goes without saying, however i think the Egyptians superior technical ability might just give them the edge over the US.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)