Fernando Llorente (8 Viewers)

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I remember one goal against Man United where he shrugged Nicky Butt off him like a rag-doll.
You remember intercontinental cup and the havoc he did to River's defense? Also game against Bologna where he dribbled past 5-6 players and scored. He had nice skills, only his finishing let him down on more than a few occasions. Vucinic clearly has the most resemblance beside wastefulness.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
:tup:

althought in his current form im not sure if he will get playtime at all.---- but then why summon him after so much time if you will not play him?

thinking about it, maybe he will get some minutes :D

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
:tup:

althought in his current form im not sure if he will get playtime at all.---- but then why summon him after so much time if you will not play him?

thinking about it, maybe he will get some minutes :D
His competition for minutes will be Negredo. And I guess also Fabregas, the best false 9 in the world. So we'll see.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Not in it's entirety. But knowing Spain traditionally, they do send a strong squad even for friendlies. Like I expect the likes of Silva, Fabregas, Negredo/Torres to all feature. Maybe this friendly affords Del Bosque to mix things up with youngsters like Isco and Tello, but I just don't see Llorente as a mainstay in LaFuriaRoja, given that he's coming back to the fold, after what, a year?! Dunno. Let's see if he plays.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
:D

He'll definitely feature at some point for Juve, but I see Conte kick the season of with Vucinic-Tevez. Llorente off the bench, to begin with, IMO.

Furino

Dec 31, 2012
He'll definitely feature at some point for Juve, but I see Conte kick the season of with Vucinic-Tevez. Llorente off the bench, to begin with, IMO.

Well, before summer we were all sure of that because of his last season, but during pre-season everybody watched him at training at forget about match experience. His start on the bench is pretty normal situation.

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
Not in it's entirety. But knowing Spain traditionally, they do send a strong squad even for friendlies. Like I expect the likes of Silva, Fabregas, Negredo/Torres to all feature. Maybe this friendly affords Del Bosque to mix things up with youngsters like Isco and Tello, but I just don't see Llorente as a mainstay in LaFuriaRoja, given that he's coming back to the fold, after what, a year?! Dunno. Let's see if he plays.
Few guys have been given a rest actually (Torres is one, so that's one less competition) so it's a chance for Llorente to prove himself.

Monco

C.R.E.A.M
Mar 27, 2013
What about the rest? Negredo etc?
Negredo is in the squad. He and Llorente are the only real strikers that have been called up.

Squad:

Goalkeepers: Iker Casillas (Real Madrid), Pepe Reina (Napoli), Víctor Valdes (Barcelona).

Defenders: Alvaro Arbeloa (Real Madrid), Cesar Azipilicueta (Chelsea), Inigo Martinez (Real Sociedad), Raul Albiol (Napoli), Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid), Jordi Alba (Barcelona), Javi Martinez (Bayern Munich).

Midfielders: Santiago Cazorla (Arsenal), Andres Iniesta (Barcelona), Francisco "Isco" Alarcon (Real Madrid), Thiago Alcantara (Bayern Munich), Jorge "Koke" Resurreccion (Atletico Madrid), Cesc Fabregas (Barcelona).

Forwards: Jesus Navas (Manchester City), David Silva (Manchester City), Alvaro Negredo (Manchester City), Fernando Llorente (Juventus), Cristian Tello (Barcelona).
The way I see it, with Spain playing their usual 4-3-3, the one who will look better and sharper between Llorente and Negredo in the trainings will start the match and the other will come in at around 60th minute and will get enough time to make an impression.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)