Fernando Llorente (138 Viewers)

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
I like the fact that llorente can do something other than just finish. I like the fact that tevez and llorente can offer a lot more than what we have had over the years. We have gone a long way without having forwards who have scored loads of goals. These two guys can score goals but they will offer a lot more to get others into the game, especially from midfield.

does anyone else think llorente is similar to Boksic? Boksic could do a lot, fast, dribble create was tall etc...but was never a 25 goal per season type of player.

I don't know, he just reminds me of him a little bit.

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
It should also be easier to integrate one striker at a time into the system Juve play.

Tevez can find his feet surrounded by ten player who know the system, including, importantly, his striker partner.

Then Llorente can be eased in as he gains sharpness and Tevez should, by that time, know the system and make it easier for Llorente to slot in.
Precise post. :agree:

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I like the fact that llorente can do something other than just finish. I like the fact that tevez and llorente can offer a lot more than what we have had over the years. We have gone a long way without having forwards who have scored loads of goals. These two guys can score goals but they will offer a lot more to get others into the game, especially from midfield.

does anyone else think llorente is similar to Boksic? Boksic could do a lot, fast, dribble create was tall etc...but was never a 25 goal per season type of player.

I don't know, he just reminds me of him a little bit.
Boksic!? Not even close. Vucinic can be compared to Boksic. They have similarities.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Boksic was a quick counter attacking 2nd forward, with excellent technique and dribbling. Size similarity with Llorente but nothing else.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
That's why I said a mix of the two is not far off. Boksic was a lot stronger than Vucinic is.

I'd also say he was more of a gifted CF than a SS, he had typical CF traits mixed with a more skillful SS.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Boksic was more like Llorente in terms of strength, but more of a mix.
Llorente and Boksic Jay please. Boksic was physically stronger than Vucinic but that's it. Every similarity with Llorente ends there. Technique, dribbling, creativity... If Alen had better finishing he could have gonna very far.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Llorente and Boksic Jay please. Boksic was physically stronger than Vucinic but that's it. Every similarity with Llorente ends there. Technique, dribbling, creativity... If Alen had better finishing he could have gonna very far.
You've quoted one thing and replied as if I said another.

I'll help you. A mix of Llorente and Vucinic - power, technique, dribbling, creativity and not particularly good finishing - Boksic.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
You've quoted one thing and replied as if I said another.
You said he was a mix of both or my vision is suddenly deteriorating? If strength as characteristic is enough to be compared to someone than Llorente has a lot of similar players around. :D

I'll help you. A mix of Llorente and Vucinic - power, technique, dribbling, creativity and not particularly good finishing - Boksic.
How nice of you. Quite condescending. And again you couldn't be more wrong.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Just strength and nothing else between those two. Very different players but why am I even discussing this with you? For myself :sergio:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
He was one of the more fun counter attacking players to watch, very quick and tricky on the ball, wouldnt classify him more as CF mainly because he excelled so well in moving around wide and roaming between channels mainly looking to set up others and running into space etc. Was quite fabolous to see him Ale and Zizou, however brief it was. For those that need reminding, suitable clip of his qualities or how he was used with us (4-3-3-ish set up):

And yeah Mirko comparison is fair mainly for both being wasteful infront of goal ;)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Yeah they are similar, aside from the aerial threat. I also think Llorente's attributes aren't fully understood, like he is some static donkey.

- - - Updated - - -

He was one of the more fun counter attacking players to watch, very quick and tricky on the ball, wouldnt classify him more as CF mainly because he excelled so well in moving around wide and roaming between channels mainly looking to set up others and running into space etc. Was quite fabolous to see him Ale and Zizou, however brief it was. For those that need reminding, suitable clip of his qualities or how he was used with us (4-3-3-ish set up):

And yeah Mirko comparison is fair mainly for both being wasteful infront of goal ;)
He was one of my favourites, quite difficult to think of many now who are big but play like a smaller man.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 138)