Fernando Llorente (132 Viewers)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
But both should score in the end right?. Theres a very slim line between those 2 roles.... as both should provide the goals in the end. Llorente with more reason, as he is a targetman that plays with a support striker now.He "supposedly" should have a easier time getting chances and scoring goals with us.

Anyways.. we need to take into account that his lack of form is not only his fault.... as it seems we are playing very bad as a whole too. Some peeps say its too soon to panic.. but we are showing signs of going backwards instead of going forward

Buy on AliExpress.com

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
From Trezeguet goals are almost the only thing which were expected. He needed to deliver every week. His off the ball movement allowing him to get himself into scoring positions was an excellent one. Don't forget his powerful shot as well. Remarkable player.

Llorente doesn't have that kind of pressure. He was never a great goascorer and as a target man his role is different one. He'll get more involved in play and it's expected to hold the ball better than Trez. If he scores 10-15 goals in the process he made it here.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think Trez was limited. He's an excellent poacher, good header, has powerful and accurate long/short range shots. The only thing is he doesn't dribble but he's still a fox in the box.
Loved him. Simply one of my favorite players back then. DP-Trez partnership is the best one I've seen in any club.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I don't think Trez was limited. He's an excellent poacher, good header, has powerful and accurate long/short range shots. The only thing is he doesn't dribble but he's still a fox in the box.

i meant limited in everything else that wasnt scoring goals :D.
With that i mean, possesion, dribbling, passing, ball dominion, creativity.... anything. But everything that involved "scoring goals" or "finishing goal oportunities" he was totally top notch.

runner0xff

Feb 15, 2013
DP-Trez partnership is the best one I've seen in any club.
Yes. It was good =) Later Capello prefered Ibra-Trez though.

sorry for offtop but i still regret Zidane's left us for madrid and us couldn't sign Shevchenko instead of milan. I can only wonder how many champion cups we could win with Del piero - Ibra - Sheva trident.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Yes. It was good =) Later Capello prefered Ibra-Trez though.

sorry for offtop but i still regret Zidane's left us for madrid and us couldn't sign Shevchenko instead of milan. I can only wonder how many champion cups we could win with Del piero - Ibra - Sheva trident.
None with that gipsy

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
But both should score in the end right?. Theres a very slim line between those 2 roles.... as both should provide the goals in the end. Llorente with more reason, as he is a targetman that plays with a support striker now.He "supposedly" should have a easier time getting chances and scoring goals with us.
I'd say Tevez and Llorente are both players who are quite balanced between goal scoring and goal creating.

It's not a strike pairing where there is a clear scrorer and a clear creator in the way there is with some pairings.

Of course, if Conte tells him he is in the team to score goals and that he isn't there to take much part in building up the play because he wants Tevez to focus more on that, that would increase the goal-scoring burden on Llorente.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Its really hard to take much out of the friendlies so fa

we've seen a good llorente in training, but a llorente who seeks his place in the formation during the friendlies.

it will come. when is the lazio supercup ?

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Oh i'm totally expecting vucinic-tevez

Take that pressure of fernando

- - - Updated - - -

and tbh, i was beeing very amused by how vucinic and tevez linked up as the inter game progressed

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
It should also be easier to integrate one striker at a time into the system Juve play.

Tevez can find his feet surrounded by ten player who know the system, including, importantly, his striker partner.

Then Llorente can be eased in as he gains sharpness and Tevez should, by that time, know the system and make it easier for Llorente to slot in.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
It should also be easier to integrate one striker at a time into the system Juve play.

Tevez can find his feet surrounded by ten player who know the system, including, importantly, his striker partner.

Then Llorente can be eased in as he gains sharpness and Tevez should, by that time, know the system and make it easier for Llorente to slot in.
Agree.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 132)