Euro 2016 General Discussion Thread (5 Viewers)

Euro 2016 Outright Winner?

• France

• Spain

• Germany

• England

• Belgium

• Portugal

• Italy

• Croatia

• Austria

• Poland

• Switzerland

• Russia

• Turkey

• Ukraine

• Wales

• Sweden

• Ireland

• Iceland

• Czech Republic

• Romania

• Slovakia

• Northern Ireland

• Albania

• Hungary

Results are only viewable after voting.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
i dont think Ben Arfa is good enough to start for France but could have definitely been included based on performances this season. Ribery and Gameiro were also not included and freakin Gignac was

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
i dont think Ben Arfa is good enough to start for France but could have definitely been included based on performances this season. Ribery and Gameiro were also not included and freakin Gignac was

The same gignac who insulted deschamps disrupted the team meeting and refused to apologuze when they were in Marseille

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and Forza België

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Then you don't know the whole story, this all started with him not singing the national anthem and being made captain. FYI it wasn't Deschamps call not to take him.
How do you know the whole story?

From what I can see, Benzema is a piece of shit and I'm slightly disappointed he didn't get any jail time.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
The same gignac who insulted deschamps disrupted the team meeting and refused to apologuze when they were in Marseille

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and Forza België
lol didnt even know about that. The guy is mediocre, plays in Mexico and gets away with something like this, what a joke

- - - Updated - - -

Ribery retired from the NT
Thats too bad, he still can perform at a high level

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Still doesn't my question, why would deschamps not pick their best 9? he's clearly doing it for non sporting reasons, and my best guess is the distraction his selection might bring, a distraction created purely because of how fractured and indeed racist the country is. Also i find it rich for evra to call anybody out on criticizing the NT coach.
I disagree, i think if Benzema was a white frenchman and had the same history as Benzema, then the blackmailing scandal was the last nail in the coffin, he'd have been omitted too.

Despite all the controversy of refusing to sing the national anthem and his reckless driving episode he stayed firmly in Deschamps team.

Also Deschamps selection decisions have always followed a similar pattern, he isn't fond of players with questionable disciplinary records both on and off the pitch. Nasri, Ben Arfa and even Evra in Deschamps early days were not getting called up.

- - - Updated - - -

I dont understand how you could call up Gignac ahead of Gameiro. Ben Arfa should have been called up too. Ribery if he hadnt been retired is still goid enough to play a role.

- - - Updated - - -

I did. He's just another example that talent alone doesn't make you a good player.
Only Di Maria and Zlatan had better seasons in the Ligue this season. He was a monster and he's cleaned his act up somewhat. Not the whiny bitch he used to be.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I disagree, i think if Benzema was a white frenchman and had the same history as Benzema, then the blackmailing scandal was the last nail in the coffin, he'd have been omitted too.

Despite all the controversy of refusing to sing the national anthem and his reckless driving episode he stayed firmly in Deschamps team.

Also Deschamps selection decisions have always followed a similar pattern, he isn't fond of players with questionable disciplinary records both on and off the pitch. Nasri, Ben Arfa and even Evra in Deschamps early days were not getting called up.

- - - Updated - - -

I dont understand how you could call up Gignac ahead of Gameiro. Ben Arfa should have been called up too. Ribery if he hadnt been retired is still goid enough to play a role.

- - - Updated - - -

Only Di Maria and Zlatan had better seasons in the Ligue this season. He was a monster and he's cleaned his act up somewhat. Not the whiny bitch he used to be.
But it wasn't even Deschamps' decision, even a month ago didier wanted him with the team. Benzema is a bit of a moron yes, but hes a professional who plays in one of the best teams in the world for a reason

- - - Updated - - -

How do you know the whole story?

From what I can see, Benzema is a piece of shit and I'm slightly disappointed he didn't get any jail time.
He can still do time, also what i mean by the whole story is how the French society reached to this, you'd have to be familiar to get the whole racism angle

- - - Updated - - -

As much as an indifference allows

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Croatia has a great squad btw. The midfield options are so many.
Goalkeepers: Danijel Subasic (Monaco), Lovre Kalinic (Hajduk Split), Ivan Vargic (Rijeka)

Defenders: Vedran Corluka (Lokomotiv Moscow), Darijo Srna (Shakhtar Donetsk), Domagoj Vida (Dynamo Kiev), Sime Vrsaljko (Sassuolo), Gordon Schildenfeld (Dinamo Zagreb), Ivan Strinic (Napoli), Tin Jedvaj (Bayer Leverkusen)

Midfielders: Luka Modric, Mateo Kovacic (both Real Madrid), Ivan Rakitic (Barcelona), Marcelo Brozovic, Ivan Perisic (both Inter Milan), Milan Badelj (Fiorentina), Marko Rog, Ante Coric (both Dinamo Zagreb)

Forwards: Mario Mandzukic (Juventus), Nikola Kalinic (Fiorentina), Marko Pjaca, Duje Cop (both Dinamo Zagreb), Andrej Kramaric (Hoffenheim)

If they had a good coach like Bilic they would go very far.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
But it wasn't even Deschamps' decision, even a month ago didier wanted him with the team. Benzema is a bit of a moron yes, but hes a professional who plays in one of the best teams in the world for a reason

- - - Updated - - -

He can still do time, also what i mean by the whole story is how the French society reached to this, you'd have to be familiar to get the whole racism angle

- - - Updated - - -

As much as an indifference allows
Whether or not Deschamps had a final say in the decision is speculation at this point. We do not know that he didn't give the green light and/or participated in making that decision. I would say he has, and I would say if Benzema wasn't a star player he would have been frozen out long before the Valbuena case.

Yes, France has a problem with immigration, assimilation, racism and what not, but IMO they do not have any of those problems in top level football(i.e. the big clubs plus the NT).

Btw, I don't agree with the decision, I think since he hasn't been charged with anything, a decision like this should not have been made. I just don't believe the decision has anything to do with pressure from racist groups, or any of the BS Benzema spouted. I hate those who play the victim card at every turn, and Benzema especially is everything but a victim here.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Fuck Benzema. I actually hope France wins it without him.
I'm not as confident as I used to be, now that France has a starting lineup that doesn't include the likes of Varane, Lass and Benzema, and instead includes Rami and Giroud. I think the absence of the former 3 players is a blow.

Still judging by the friendlies at least, it looks like Pogba and Payet in particular are in the mood :cool:

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
I'm not as confident as I used to be, now that France has a starting lineup that doesn't include the likes of Varane, Lass and Benzema, and instead includes Rami and Giroud. I think the absence of the former 3 players is a blow.

Still judging by the friendlies at least, it looks like Pogba and Payet in particular are in the mood :cool:
Pogba is gonna dab his way to the finals.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
Whether or not Deschamps had a final say in the decision is speculation at this point. We do not know that he didn't give the green light and/or participated in making that decision. I would say he has, and I would say if Benzema wasn't a star player he would have been frozen out long before the Valbuena case.

Yes, France has a problem with immigration, assimilation, racism and what not, but IMO they do not have any of those problems in top level football(i.e. the big clubs plus the NT).

Btw, I don't agree with the decision, I think since he hasn't been charged with anything, a decision like this should not have been made. I just don't believe the decision has anything to do with pressure from racist groups, or any of the BS Benzema spouted. I hate those who play the victim card at every turn, and Benzema especially is everything but a victim here.
Forza Fred. :tup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)