Euro 2016 General Discussion Thread (6 Viewers)

Euro 2016 Outright Winner?

• France

• Spain

• Germany

• England

• Belgium

• Portugal

• Italy

• Croatia

• Austria

• Poland

• Switzerland

• Russia

• Turkey

• Ukraine

• Wales

• Sweden

• Ireland

• Iceland

• Czech Republic

• Romania

• Slovakia

• Northern Ireland

• Albania

• Hungary

Results are only viewable after voting.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
More than a promise tho :lol:

sounds so roma/napoliesque

I know. I'm not happy about it. But it's not wrong tbh. I think that in terms of players we have had a decent to world class team for the past 3-4 years. I think I've seen us play well for 2 or 3 times, we always struggle, no matter who we play against.

We played great friendlies vs France and Italy, but we could still easily have lost vs Italy and France was decimated when we played them.

Buy on AliExpress.com

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Benzema on Deschamps not selecting him for the Euros:

"He has bowed to the pressure of a racist part of France," Benzema told Marca . "He has to know that in France the extremist party reached the second round in the last two elections.

"I do not know, therefore, whether it is a decision only for Didier because I've gotten along with him, with the president (of the French Football Federation, Noel Le Graet) and everyone."

Benzema last weekend helped Real Madrid secure their 11th European Cup, the culmination of a club campaign where he scored 28 goals in 36 games for Los Merengues.

"They said I cannot be selected, fine. But on a sporting level, I don't understand why," added Benzema. "At the judicial level, I have not been judged. I am not guilty, so we have to wait to see what the justice says.

"I like football and to play with my team."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/karim-benzema-accuses-france-coach-8091904
http://www.marca.com/futbol/real-madrid/2016/06/01/574dfc86e2704e5c1d8b463c.html
Didn't see this until now but wow I can't believe I used to like this guy.

No low...no fucking low. definitely not Juve material

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Certainly has nothing to do with racism. This is coming from a French Nt fan who is not very happy with Deschamps selection and especially not picking Benzema.
Still doesn't my question, why would deschamps not pick their best 9? he's clearly doing it for non sporting reasons, and my best guess is the distraction his selection might bring, a distraction created purely because of how fractured and indeed racist the country is. Also i find it rich for evra to call anybody out on criticizing the NT coach.

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
Then you don't know the whole story, this all started with him not singing the national anthem and being made captain. FYI it wasn't Deschamps call not to take him.
Exactly my thought. There is a major racial tention in France towards Algerians. It's not hard to see it, even Ben Arfa who is (arguably) the most skilled attacking midfielder in France not being selceted should give you a clear answer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)