Euro 2016 General Discussion Thread (7 Viewers)

Euro 2016 Outright Winner?

• France

• Spain

• Germany

• England

• Belgium

• Portugal

• Italy

• Croatia

• Austria

• Poland

• Switzerland

• Russia

• Turkey

• Ukraine

• Wales

• Sweden

• Ireland

• Iceland

• Czech Republic

• Romania

• Slovakia

• Northern Ireland

• Albania

• Hungary

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Whether or not Deschamps had a final say in the decision is speculation at this point. We do not know that he didn't give the green light and/or participated in making that decision. I would say he has, and I would say if Benzema wasn't a star player he would have been frozen out long before the Valbuena case.

Yes, France has a problem with immigration, assimilation, racism and what not, but IMO they do not have any of those problems in top level football(i.e. the big clubs plus the NT).

Btw, I don't agree with the decision, I think since he hasn't been charged with anything, a decision like this should not have been made. I just don't believe the decision has anything to do with pressure from racist groups, or any of the BS Benzema spouted. I hate those who play the victim card at every turn, and Benzema especially is everything but a victim here.
:agree: he is involved in some terrible shit and should be frozen out (as well as Velbuena). Racists pick on Benzema and have no problem that half most of the team is black, sissoko is a muslim and Adil Rami is muslim and of arab origin :lol:

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
:agree: he is involved in some terrible shit and should be frozen out (as well as Velbuena). Racists pick on Benzema and have no problem that half most of the team is black, sissoko is a muslim and Adil Rami is muslim and of arab origin :lol:
I agree with you on most points, but why should Valbuena be frozen out? He is an alleged victim of blackmail, its not like he's done anything wrong. The reason he wasn't picked was because he had a really poor season with Lyon, and did not do well for the NT over the past year or so.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
I agree with you on most points, but why should Valbuena be frozen out? He is an alleged victim of blackmail, its not like he's done anything wrong. The reason he wasn't picked was because he had a really poor season with Lyon, and did not do well for the NT over the past year or so.
Nevertheless. Until the matter between him and Benzema is finished both should stay out. Wrongly accusing someone is almost as bad as blackmailing them. Until the case is finished, we dont know yet whether Benzema actually did anything or if Valbuena is a piece of shit. This sort of luggage should not be in a NT's dressing room who want to win the Euros especially that they dont really have a shortage of talent. Benzema's reaction to being snubbed speaks volumes about the kind of guy he is.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
We have a recorded telephone call, it's not as if there isn't any evidence.

Valbuena shouldn't be included because he's simply not good enough, but if he were, he should.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
We have a recorded telephone call, it's not as if there isn't any evidence.

Valbuena shouldn't be included because he's simply not good enough, but if he were, he should.
Still, at the end of the day, there is a court of law that will decide whether or not his guilty, as guilty as he looks to us the public, IMO that shouldn't mean much, you're innocent until proven guilty by a court of law not by public opinion.

Though I do think his history with off the field issues played a part, and made the decision easier.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
:lol:

Norway's second goal was very similar and a true golazo
Lukaku had a bad control, defender miskicked it some how, lukaku shot hard close to the goalkeeper, and the amateur didnt stop it

Hazard's goal was pretty nice
Really you liked Hazard's goal more? Its a great cross but i thought it should be saved.

Lukaku pounced on the mistake, pushed the ball into space and blasted it into the net.

I agree about Norway's goal.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009

Norway's second goal was very similar and a true golazo
Lukaku had a bad control, defender miskicked it some how, lukaku shot hard close to the goalkeeper, and the amateur didnt stop it

Hazard's goal was pretty nice
:rofl:

I love this side of you Zach. You and Seven are going to be very entertaining with your back and forth regarding Belgium's chances at the Euros.

You do you, bro.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Whether or not Deschamps had a final say in the decision is speculation at this point. We do not know that he didn't give the green light and/or participated in making that decision. I would say he has, and I would say if Benzema wasn't a star player he would have been frozen out long before the Valbuena case.

Yes, France has a problem with immigration, assimilation, racism and what not, but IMO they do not have any of those problems in top level football(i.e. the big clubs plus the NT).

Btw, I don't agree with the decision, I think since he hasn't been charged with anything, a decision like this should not have been made. I just don't believe the decision has anything to do with pressure from racist groups, or any of the BS Benzema spouted. I hate those who play the victim card at every turn, and Benzema especially is everything but a victim here.

Even if Benzema wasn't charged it's totally justified to feel like it isn't in your best interest to take him to the Euros, because of what it would do to your group dynamics.

And to make matters even worse, it's not as if Benzema didn't have anything to do with it. Maybe you can't criminally charge him, I don't know. But it's obvious he did something in this entire thing and he isn't even denying it.

Most importantly if I were Deschamps, I'd fucking sue Benzema. Who the fuck does he think he is to lash out like that?

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
On what grounds would you sue him? :D

I mean you as a lawyer are probably more qualified than I am, but I don't think anything he said should be a sueable offense. He even said that he thinks Deschamps isn't a racist.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)