Euro 2016 General Discussion Thread (6 Viewers)

Euro 2016 Outright Winner?

• France

• Spain

• Germany

• England

• Belgium

• Portugal

• Italy

• Croatia

• Austria

• Poland

• Switzerland

• Russia

• Turkey

• Ukraine

• Wales

• Sweden

• Ireland

• Iceland

• Czech Republic

• Romania

• Slovakia

• Northern Ireland

• Albania

• Hungary

Results are only viewable after voting.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I love how Zach was saying friendlies don't count in that thread. Unless you play a bad one it seems, then they do :D.
I have said friendlies dont matter. They dont. You try out stuff, and see how automatisms between players work.
Belgium however, always takes these friendlies very serious. I've said this a few times @Seven , conveniently forgot about that ?

Thanks to easy qualification groups,and belgium taking friendlies very serious, we became first on the NT ranking.

I dont care about the result of a friendly if we treat it like one. We played our strongest team, and made 3 direct substitutions. So you think, this team would be playing some decent football....

....and we didnt do shit with the ball. We had no ball circulation, no combinations, no off the ball movement, nothing. We scored because the goalkeeper made a huge mistake.

- - - Updated - - -

He was. :lol: Oh well, you know he supported Allegri from the beginning?
I spoke of admiration for Allegri when he was back at milan "the deep defence , etc"

When Conte left, i was shocked at first. Then i got my shit togheter and supported allegri as early as 8 houres later, which is my usual cool down period when i'm mad as fuck

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Cantona is a first class spanner. You look at the squad and what is he referring to, arabs and berbers? Truth is Benzema is a moral decision, and Ben Arfa is most likely because he is high maintenance. He also has one wildcard already with Payet, on top of already having Coman, Martial and Griezmann in the attacking third.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
Cantona is a first class spanner. You look at the squad and what is he referring to, arabs and berbers? Truth is Benzema is a moral decision, and Ben Arfa is most likely because he is high maintenance. He also has one wildcard already with Payet, on top of already having Coman, Martial and Griezmann in the attacking third.
:tup:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
You know. I never realised Payet, Coman and Martial were white. They look black, so I assumed they were, but it now appears not to be quite so easy.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I have said friendlies dont matter. They dont. You try out stuff, and see how automatisms between players work.
Belgium however, always takes these friendlies very serious. I've said this a few times @Seven , conveniently forgot about that ?

Thanks to easy qualification groups,and belgium taking friendlies very serious, we became first on the NT ranking.

I dont care about the result of a friendly if we treat it like one. We played our strongest team, and made 3 direct substitutions. So you think, this team would be playing some decent football....

....and we didnt do shit with the ball. We had no ball circulation, no combinations, no off the ball movement, nothing. We scored because the goalkeeper made a huge mistake.

- - - Updated - - -

We scored because we had over 10 chances to score. Sooner or later, you will score. Had we finished properly, we would still have won this game 4, 5-1. And that's while playing awful. Because let's make it clear, I agree, we were very bad. We were static, slow, uninspired and sloppy and lazy at the back. But we had Nainggolan on the bench (who is the primary reason I believe we can do well during the Euros), as well as Mertens and Carrasco, who both bring the necessary speed and flashes to our game. Despite what the commentators said, I also saw a Hazard who did not shy away from his defensive duties and kept on trying to make stuff happen.

I still believe in this team. With such potential you just have to.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
"More than eine Maschine" :lol:
The weird thing about that is that it doesn't make sense. Clearly that is Germany's best asset.

- - - Updated - - -

But Deschamps is pure French (despite actually being Basque), so therefore he's one of 'those' white people.
The great irony of it all is that Benzema did actually one of those things that a lot of people usually blame muslims for: blaming others and refusing to take responsibility. I'm not saying that's typical of muslims, but I do know that a lot of Belgians (and French) think it is. In that sense Benzema really hurt his own case.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)