Euro 2016 General Discussion Thread (8 Viewers)

Euro 2016 Outright Winner?

• France

• Spain

• Germany

• England

• Belgium

• Portugal

• Italy

• Croatia

• Austria

• Poland

• Switzerland

• Russia

• Turkey

• Ukraine

• Wales

• Sweden

• Ireland

• Iceland

• Czech Republic

• Romania

• Slovakia

• Northern Ireland

• Albania

• Hungary

Results are only viewable after voting.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Which comment ? benzema's ?

He didn't say anything out of the line, he said that he doesn't think that Deschamps is racist, he get along nicely with him and the federation president...
He just think that his choices could of been the supject of some pressure..and in relation to what happening in france right now.
He also said that he's always portrayed as a bad boy here.....

Matter of fact, legenderay coach in France Guy roux said something much worse recently and no one care, he said that if Benzema was white and born in France no one would care...

I have a feeling your sympathies would lie elsewhere if you were born in France.

Let's not get stupid here, Benzema's comment was silly. The decision not to select him made perfect sense. And the same would have happened if Benzema was white.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
I have a feeling your sympathies would lie elsewhere if you were born in France.

Let's not get stupid here, Benzema's comment was silly. The decision not to select him made perfect sense. And the same would have happened if Benzema was white.
Nah, i agree with the decision not to select him. But in regards to his comment, there was nothing that warrant all the back clash here with all the politicians commenting on it and stuff like that. He didn't say that Deschamps was racist. He had every right to voice his opinion and he didn't say anything bad, was the timing silly maybe, other than that nothing shocking about it. He is right about the rising of the FN, racism is more and more apparent...

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Nah, i agree with the decision not to select him. But in regards to his comment, there was nothing that warrant all the back clash here with all the politicians commenting on it and stuff like that. He didn't say that Deschamps was racist. He had every right to voice his opinion and he didn't say anything bad, was the timing silly maybe, other than that nothing shocking about it. He is right about the rising of the FN, racism is more and more apparent...
He has bowed to the pressure of a racist part of France
That's what he says about Deschamps.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
That's what he says about Deschamps.
The translatin of the interview i read,

He opened by saying that Deshamps is not racist. And that his selections were impacted by some pressure. Nothing about that imply that he thinks that deshamps is racist.

Is france a racist country ? i don't think so. if there is a rise of racism here, definetely. I think that's the point Benzema was trying to make.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
The translatin of the interview i read,

He opened by saying that Deshamps is not racist. And that his selections were impacted by some pressure. Nothing about that imply that he thinks that deshamps is racist.

Is france a racist country ? i don't think so. if there is a rise of racism here, definetely. I think that's the point Benzema was trying to make.

Benzema was left out of France's selection because he was implicated in a case about blackmailing one of his teammates.

He's a fucking cunt for trying to make this about racism.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
Which comment ? benzema's ?

He didn't say anything out of the line, he said that he doesn't think that Deschamps is racist, he get along nicely with him and the federation president...
He just think that his choices could of been the supject of some pressure..and in relation to what happening in france right now.
He also said that he's always portrayed as a bad boy here.....

Matter of fact, legenderay coach in France Guy roux said something much worse recently and no one care, he said that if Benzema was white and born in France no one would care...
Benzema's comment, yes. Seven basically wrote what I was going to write.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I agree that he's a cunt and he shouldn't be selected...what i don't agree with is the back clash caused by his interview where he basically doesn't say anything out of line.

That's all.

Except he says he was left out of France's selection because of racist motives. When he was in fact left out because of a possible criminal case. That's pretty out of order in my book.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I agree that he's a cunt and he shouldn't be selected...what i don't agree with is the back clash caused by his interview where he basically doesn't say anything out of line.

That's all.
he did: he implied that deschamps didn't select him due to some political pressure.

he knew for 1,5 months that he's not going:
[video=twitter;720276582678589440]https://twitter.com/Benzema/status/720276582678589440[/video]

his comments and their timing are not making any sense at all.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
he did: he implied that deschamps didn't select him due to some political pressure.

he knew for 1,5 months that he's not going:
[video=twitter;720276582678589440]https://twitter.com/Benzema/status/720276582678589440[/video]

his comments and their timing are not making any sense at all.

He was asked a question about it lol.

Is he wrong, maybe. My issue is with the back clash it caused here. And what people are saying. That's it.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

Is he wrong, maybe. My issue is with the back clash it caused here. And what people are saying. That's it.
I'm just going to come out and say it if no one else will. It's backlash.

And so far that was the most correct part of your post.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010

I agree with Voll and 7 but you also make a good point. There's no reason for people to take Benzema's retarded shit seriously, they're playing right into his hands

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Croatia is being overlooked. Not without reason, because tradition and quality rightfully puts other teams in the focus.
I do fancy our chances, though. Our star players are in their best years (Modric, Rakitic and Mandzukic) while others do have the needed experience from playing in top leagues, and even the good quality, to help the team (Perisic, Kovacic, Brozovic, Kalinic, Vrsaljko and of course Darijo Srna). Defense should be the weaker part, even if it has experienced players like Corluka. If Lovren wasn't an ass, he'd have been there too.

The goal is to make through the group (Spain, Turkey, Czech Republic). But if we make it 2nd, then the road will be impossible to pass. If we somehow win this group ahead of Spain, then I do see this team making it far, because we'll avoid all the big teams on the way to the semifinals.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
Croatia is being overlooked. Not without reason, because tradition and quality rightfully puts other teams in the focus.
I do fancy our chances, though. Our star players are in their best years (Modric, Rakitic and Mandzukic) while others do have the needed experience from playing in top leagues, and even the good quality, to help the team (Perisic, Kovacic, Brozovic, Kalinic, Vrsaljko and of course Darijo Srna). Defense should be the weaker part, even if it has experienced players like Corluka. If Lovren wasn't an ass, he'd have been there too.

The goal is to make through the group (Spain, Turkey, Czech Republic). But if we make it 2nd, then the road will be impossible to pass. If we somehow win this group ahead of Spain, then I do see this team making it far, because we'll avoid all the big teams on the way to the semifinals.
Yeah, a second place is a near-disaster for you. :D Even going through to the round of 16 as one of the best third-place teams would be preferable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)