DP Or Cassano To Germany (2 Viewers)

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
No..
If he played like that against France I meant, I wasn't talking bout the subject if he played against Brazil or any other high-class teams "now"

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by edpiero ] ++
No..
If he played like that against France I meant, I wasn't talking bout the subject if he played against Brazil or any other high-class teams "now"
Exactly, choking

*cough* Final CL against Madrid *cough*

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004

who mentioned madrid :confused:
So you want it written in bold black on a white paper?

Ok, here it goes. Del Piero chokes and he did it most significantly twice, against Madrid and against France. Got it now?

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++

Ok, here it goes. Del Piero chokes and he did it most significantly twice, against Madrid and against France. Got it now?
I dont see a white paper and ur font isnt in bold black ;)

Yea I know what ure talking bout Jeeks but I was trying to stay positive and imagining how he could put those steady performances from last night into Euro2000

Codino

The Rival
Jul 21, 2002
++ [ originally posted by sateeh ] ++
welll the match against Moldova just showed what alex has that is better than cassano. He showed the ability to play all over the park and not only confined to that left side.
His passing and vision was just inspiring i have to say.
alex can play in totti position and be like half effective as he is.But cassano cannot play in totti's position.
I hope he keeps up the good work.
is everyone blind? he lost the ball about 1000 times. and this is against moldova.
BUT! before i get trampled on, yes he did do some good things. ASSIST which is basically the most decisive thing in a match of football, he did some mazy runs which i did cheer on :), and he kept his cool even when the number 2 of moldova started tackling him bad and tried to hack him. he is a true professional, and noone can take that away from him. he didnt retaliate unlike some (totti), just gazed with a peircing look of disgust.

good performence, but really, if we are fussing over this as a GREAT delpiero performence, we r conceding to the fact he is finished.

that wasnt tottis position, totti plays central beacause he can hold on to the ball (more) or win fouls.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004

I dont see a white paper and ur font isnt in bold black ;)

Yea I know what ure talking bout Jeeks but I was trying to stay positive and imagining how he could put those steady performances from last night into Euro2000

He simply can't, he's been like that ever since he started playing.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Codino ] ++

is everyone blind? he lost the ball about 1000 times. and this is against moldova.
BUT! before i get trampled on, yes he did do some good things. ASSIST which is basically the most decisive thing in a match of football, he did some mazy runs which i did cheer on :), and he kept his cool even when the number 2 of moldova started tackling him bad and tried to hack him. he is a true professional, and noone can take that away from him. he didnt retaliate unlike some (totti), just gazed with a peircing look of disgust.

good performence, but really, if we are fussing over this as a GREAT delpiero performence, we r conceding to the fact he is finished.

that wasnt tottis position, totti plays central beacause he can hold on to the ball (more) or win fouls.
well i did agree with u.....and i didnt see any other play maker on the field.
And i think it is a great performance and if he had any luck mybe he could've got a goal.

Codino

The Rival
Jul 21, 2002
but just to make things clear, im not critisising in any way. im just discussing what i saw.

anyway, forza italia. and good luck to dp this year.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++

Against Madrid? If you're talking about 98 he gave some really great assists to Inzaghi, so that's not very fair.

May 4, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Codino ] ++

Well Said !

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
ive been a big fan of Del Piero over the years.but im with jeeks on this one - he is a choker,and that too a massive one.
if italy were to reach the world cup final,and the match went to penalties,i would bet my house on del piero losing his nerve in the moment and missing his penalty.thoug this wud only happen if del piero makes the wc squad which i dont think he will:D
so that means he wont have to go through the whole choking under pressure routine again.
lucky chap.

OP
DelpieroForLife
Dec 26, 2004
  • Thread Starter #76
    ++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++

Against Madrid? If you're talking about 98 he gave some really great assists to Inzaghi, so that's not very fair.

The 98 Final is my worst memory as a Juve supporter...
    I remmber from this night Inzaghi missing two good scoring chances...
    Iuliano wasting an easy corner over the post...
    Davids shooting an incredible ball to the hands of Ilegner after dribbiling half the Madrid team...
    But what hurts more was the invisible DP who came out from a slight injury before the final..
    After a fantastic season I was expecting a lot more of Alex than one assist :down:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    This whole choking issue is getting ridiculous. Let's face facts now.

a) Roberto Baggio can't play for Juventus in the crucial game against Parma and Del Piero needs to step in. For the first time in his football career the young lad is under a great deal of pressure. He scores a hattrick.

b) Del Piero played several great games in the CL and the Serie A. Pressurefree? Didn't think so.

c) Del Piero didn't play great against Real Madrid in 1998, but still provided some great assists to Inzaghi, who unfortunately missed. He didn't play well in the Euro 2000 final either. But did he choke? I don't know. Sometimes you play great, sometimes you don't, there's not much more to it. And if you're willing to say that he did choke, then what about Baggio? He missed the decisive penalty FFS. The best player in the world misses, now THAT could be called choking.

d) Totti played awful against Mexico and got substituted. DP got on and saved Italy. But hey, I guess there was no pressure involved right?

e) Del Piero has a massive record of scoring penalties against AC Milan, Inter Milano and AS Roma. But I guess those are all pressurefree situations.

OP
    DelpieroForLife
    Dec 26, 2004
  • Thread Starter #78
    ++ [ originally posted by axlrose85 ] ++
    ive been a big fan of Del Piero over the years.but im with jeeks on this one - he is a choker,and that too a massive one.
    if italy were to reach the world cup final,and the match went to penalties,i would bet my house on del piero losing his nerve in the moment and missing his penalty. thoug this wud only happen if del piero makes the wc squad which i dont think he will:D
    so that means he wont have to go through the whole choking under pressure routine again.
    lucky chap.
    Yeah he is well known of wasting PKs..

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
    ++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++
    This whole choking issue is getting ridiculous. Let's face facts now.

a) Roberto Baggio can't play for Juventus in the crucial game against Parma and Del Piero needs to step in. For the first time in his football career the young lad is under a great deal of pressure. He scores a hattrick.

b) Del Piero played several great games in the CL and the Serie A. Pressurefree? Didn't think so.

c) Del Piero didn't play great against Real Madrid in 1998, but still provided some great assists to Inzaghi, who unfortunately missed. He didn't play well in the Euro 2000 final either. But did he choke? I don't know. Sometimes you play great, sometimes you don't, there's not much more to it. And if you're willing to say that he did choke, then what about Baggio? He missed the decisive penalty FFS. The best player in the world misses, now THAT could be called choking.

d) Totti played awful against Mexico and got substituted. DP got on and saved Italy. But hey, I guess there was no pressure involved right?

e) Del Piero has a massive record of scoring penalties against AC Milan, Inter Milano and AS Roma. But I guess those are all pressurefree situations.

a)roberto baggio took italy to the final itself.and he wasnt even fully fit.he didnt even play in the first round.the whole nation counted on him,he delivered.and baggio has no other record of anythnig even NEAR as choking apart from that penalty miss.so calling him a choker is pure rubbish.
    i guess judging from your statement sheva and pirlo are chokers too because they missed the penalties in last year's CL final.rite?

b)yes he did play several games in the serie A and in the CL.how many times has he handled pressure well in the post-98 era?he's a choker.face it.

c)the euro final vs france.
    italy leading 1-0.
    the chacne to kill the match with a 2nd goal.
    a player called alessandro del piero gets a bloody easy chance. tries and fails.
    italy lose the match.
    does that ring a bell?.

d)italy wud have qualified for the 2nd round even if they had lost and DP didnt score.go and check the wc stats again.italy's 2nd round match against korea,where was del piero?
    the 02/03 CL final.where was del piero?

he's been a great player.but he's a choker.and a big one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)