DP Or Cassano To Germany (1 Viewer)

Dec 26, 2004
Del Piero: Me Or Cassano? Both!
10/11/2005 6:10:00 AM
The Juventus forward would like to see both him and Cassano at the next World Cup.
Now that Italy has qualified for the 2006 edition of the World Cup, Marcello Lippi will have to take the decision of which players to take to Germany, and which to leave back home in Italy.

The most difficult choice seems that related to the fifth and last striker position which the media have already identified to be one between Del Piero and Cassano, something which did not go down too well with the Bianconeri’s captain.

“Someone always sponsors this little game with me. Del Piero and Cassano together? Why not?”

Italian legend Paolo Rossi declared that he would prefer the Roma player to Del Piero.

“What can I tell you? I supported him during the World Cup: if I don’t have his respect, I hope I have that of somebody else.”

Pinturicchio is expected to start on Wednesday in the last qualifying match for the Azzurri.

“My last match was against Ireland. Now I would like to celebrate my return with a goal, just like in the first leg against Moldova. It doesn’t matter that we’re already qualified, I give the right meaning to this match: when I undertake a commitment, I take it forward."

What do ya think ?? Personally I would go for both, cuz if the senility Vieri has almost a guranteed spot in the squad then it would be crazy to leave one of the two home...

DP, Cassano, Toni, Vieri, Gilardino...

Buy on AliExpress.com

njork10

Jun 30, 2005
I am fairly confident that both delpiero and cassano will make it to the world cup.The reason being that cassano is the future of italian football whilst delpieros experience and professionalism will be vital in being a role model for the younger players including Mr Cassano........

Amash

Mar 31, 2005
I would like to see Cassano instead DP cause he wouldn't be warming up the bench on WC. I hope that he play some great football on WC and after that we sign him

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
There's no reason why Del Piero and Cassano can't both be a part of World Cup 2006. I'd like for Lippi to call Totti, Cassano, Del Piero, Toni, Iaquinta and Gilardino.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
DP is the perfect substitute for Cassano and/or Totti. The starters should be Totti and in front of him Cassano and Gilardino. DP can replace any of the two Roma players. Toni and Gilardino can start according to whoever is better.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by DelpieroForLife ] ++
yar scenario seems logical Jeeks...
I think these 5 plus Iaquinta should be the forwards that travel to Germany, Vieri better stay in Italy.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
The thing is that Lippi is oriented on calling up Vieri, Gilardino, Iaquinta and Toni, then one between Cassano or Del Piero as today he said that DP is not among those players who will surely make it to the WC. I guess a lot will depend on whether or not Cassano gets to play this season.

rosi

Oct 11, 2005
DP is the best model for the others, I would appriciate LIppi if he call DP to Italy squad, but virtually cassano is more important.
Acutally, I advise lippi call 6 forwards: DP Cassano Toni Totti Iaquinta , Gilardino

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++
DP is the perfect substitute for Cassano and/or Totti. The starters should be Totti and in front of him Cassano and Gilardino. DP can replace any of the two Roma players. Toni and Gilardino can start according to whoever is better.
Sounds fair, Jeeks...Del Piero can replace any of the two Roma players...But the thing is that I'll play Dp ahead of Cassano If he was to performe good AND Cassano not playing regular like right now.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Azzurri7 ] ++

Sounds fair, Jeeks...Del Piero can replace any of the two Roma players...But the thing is that I'll play Dp ahead of Cassano If he was to performe good AND Cassano not playing regular like right now.
Once Casso-man starts playing regularly, the NT will be built around him, with respect to all other forwards Italy has.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I disagree here. He played couple of matches BUT didn't give anything, If he was to play regular he should Play some good Football. We just can't praise him and say If just he plays regular, he has to contribute just like the others who'll make the NT.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Dude, what are you talking about? When Cassano plays regularly he will be playing football that will place him in the NT, as a starter.

Stop hating every player that might risk DP's position anywhere.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)