DP Or Cassano To Germany (6 Viewers)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++
Dude, what are you talking about? When Cassano plays regularly he will be playing football that will place him in the NT, as a starter.

Stop hating every player that might risk DP's position anywhere.
BS......

Thats a mistake, Even If Cassano was to play as a starter in Roma, he should Play good show some Class, Azzurri wont be a park for players to walk in just like this...And I don't think Cassano is Henry or Eto'o or Even Adriano to Secure himself in the NT....There's a competition in this Squad, and Each player better fight for himself....

Another thing, I'm not hating him because of Del Piero...I gave my reasons and I don't think I'm bashing him or criticizing him, I agreed that If he was to play Superb with Roma then I wouldn't mind him taking Dp's position, but when he's playing and not delivering then I'd say No....

Got that????

Buy on AliExpress.com

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Well jeeks actually wat azzuri said makes sense... if cassano plays and doesnt deliver then lippi shouldn't take him in the squad just becuz he is playing regualry( more than alex)

Its not fair, the decision should be based on , if the player plays does he deliver wat is expected from him....so until now i think that alex qualifies.

i dont know wats going to happen at may when the final squad is going to be chosen, i just want to see italy's best squad so everyone would see theeir real performances, and their quality( they are my 2nd favorite team )

OP
DelpieroForLife
Dec 26, 2004
  • Thread Starter #27
    Lippi issues Del Piero warning Tuesday 11 October, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Italy boss Marcello Lippi has made the shock admission that Alex Del Piero may not be selected for the 2006 World Cup Finals.

The Juventus captain was once an untouchable figure in the national squad, but he has been warned on Tuesday that he isn’t assured of making the trip to Germany.

Although Del Piero will start against Moldova on Wednesday, the tactician has taken the extraordinary step of publicly questioning the 31-year-old’s ability.

"I have to be honest, Del Piero is not part of the group of players who are certain to be included in the squad," Lippi stated.

"There are some individuals here who will go to the World Cup, others will have to earn their place.

"But Del Piero is an intelligent man. If he continues to work hard as he is doing now then there won’t be a problem.

"All of the players from now on must do well game after game, that is their destiny at this time."

Although Lippi and Del Piero worked together successfully at Juventus in the past, the Bianconeri legend is no longer assured of a first team shirt in Turin under Fabio Capello.

He will probably also face stiff competition from Roma’s Antonio Cassano for a spot in the final 23-man squad.

Lippi has confirmed that Alex will form a trident attack alongside Christian Vieri and Vincenzo Iaquinta on Wednesday.

Maher

Juventuz addict
    Dec 16, 2002
    lippi knows he has a responsibity , he cant take dp to the WC unless he deserves it , it is not enough that he was his coach with juve.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by sateeh ] ++
    Well jeeks actually wat azzuri said makes sense... if cassano plays and doesnt deliver then lippi shouldn't take him in the squad just becuz he is playing regualry( more than alex)

Its not fair, the decision should be based on , if the player plays does he deliver wat is expected from him....so until now i think that alex qualifies.

i dont know wats going to happen at may when the final squad is going to be chosen, i just want to see italy's best squad so everyone would see theeir real performances, and their quality( they are my 2nd favorite team )
    And what I said is if Cassano plays he will impose himself. He disagreed.

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++

And what I said is if Cassano plays he will impose himself. He disagreed.
    Well jeeks u dont know that if he plays regularly in roma and the azzuri then he will defently impose himself.
    I have to say that anotonio has a big personality and can impose himself on any team.But i saw one game that cassano played the whole game and he couldnt impose himself on the game, and didnt play that great game that was expected from him.
    I have to say that the break he is given by roma on the bench didnt help, and it showed in his game.

Another thing i wanted to talk about is the other strikers that lippi chooses. I can see why he takes Toni , Iaquitna they are putting in the good performances.They earned it, even though they r not top class.
    Even alex, although he didnt play that much.He played alrite.He deserves the call, at least cassano plays regularly and then we can compare the both.
    The thing i dont understand, is why Vieri and why Gilardino ????I just cant understand.WHEN Vieri plays he plays like crap.He just doesnt deserve it.And Gilardino, i seen alot of milan games.Now i know why Juve just werent interested in him.This guy just misses more chances than the hair on his head.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by sateeh ] ++

Well jeeks u dont know that if he plays regularly in roma and the azzuri then he will defently impose himself.
    I have to say that anotonio has a big personality and can impose himself on any team.But i saw one game that cassano played the whole game and he couldnt impose himself on the game, and didnt play that great game that was expected from him.
    I have to say that the break he is given by roma on the bench didnt help, and it showed in his game.
    Then you joun 3azzurri7 and disagree with him.

Holygr4le

Aug 4, 2005
    This is actually an interesting thread.

All players contribute with different advantages such as speed, scoring ability, height (yeah, sometimes you’ll need a targetplayer to hit with the long balls), creativity and so on.

With Toni they don’t have that much of experience, but they get a player in tremendous form, great scoring ability and movement.

Vieri is so much off form. But his goal average in the NT is unbelievable. A strong powerforward but to day with a big lack of confidence.

Cassano is the future, but is he the present?
    In a team with turbulence and frankly have I never seen him fit and trained.
    He is spectacular at times and contributes with speed, movement and irregular patterns.

Gilardino, great boxplayer. Has not come up to the same standard as last year and his move to Milan hasn’t done him all good. A striker that can decide a game with one toe.

Totti is more of a midfielder than attacker. Is necessary for the creativity.

DP is a legend and mentor to the others in the team. A great leader on and of the pitch. But skillwise he has lost some. Has not got the speed as he used to and does not work as a targetplayer. Contributes with nice passes and freekicks. Also good at penalties and have a good nose of the goal.

Status? Well…, if I were to rank these in the order I believe Lippi does today it would have to look this way:

1: Totti
    2: Toni
    3: Gilardino
    4: Vieri, Cassano and DP.

They will have to fight over the place in the squad. Since we have other players like DP in the team and not like Vieri I would prefer him. Then its between Cassano and DP. Hard choice.
    I would prefer Cassano.

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Holygr4le ] ++
    This is actually an interesting thread.

All players contribute with different advantages such as speed, scoring ability, height (yeah, sometimes you’ll need a targetplayer to hit with the long balls), creativity and so on.

With Toni they don’t have that much of experience, but they get a player in tremendous form, great scoring ability and movement.

Vieri is so much off form. But his goal average in the NT is unbelievable. A strong powerforward but to day with a big lack of confidence.

Cassano is the future, but is he the present?
    In a team with turbulence and frankly have I never seen him fit and trained.
    He is spectacular at times and contributes with speed, movement and irregular patterns.

Gilardino, great boxplayer. Has not come up to the same standard as last year and his move to Milan hasn’t done him all good. A striker that can decide a game with one toe.

Totti is more of a midfielder than attacker. Is necessary for the creativity.

DP is a legend and mentor to the others in the team. A great leader on and of the pitch. But skillwise he has lost some. Has not got the speed as he used to and does not work as a targetplayer. Contributes with nice passes and freekicks. Also good at penalties and have a good nose of the goal.

Status? Well…, if I were to rank these in the order I believe Lippi does today it would have to look this way:

1: Totti
    2: Toni
    3: Gilardino
    4: Vieri, Cassano and DP.

They will have to fight over the place in the squad. Since we have other players like DP in the team and not like Vieri I would prefer him. Then its between Cassano and DP. Hard choice.
    I would prefer Cassano.
    I dont agree with having gilaa there at all.The sloveina game just showed that he isnt good enough to be in the azzuri until he gets some form back.I didnt hear his name all nite.Its like he is the shadow of himself last year.In milan he gets this great service from great midfield players and he still misses infront of goal
    I would rather have Vieri and get Gila out.

1.Totti
    2.Toni
    3.Iaquinta or Vieri(If Vincenzo keeps his Form then he gets the nod)
    4.Dp or Cassano (Alex has the advantage for NOW, until cassano plays more with good performances)

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
    i think people need to remember that cassano WAS the best player for the team at the euro finals.and frankly,i cant see him being dropped from the squad even if he doesnt have a great season.

del piero NEEDS a great season to make it to the squad bcoz he has both age and competition against him.

cassano just needs to play in order to make the squad.he has age on his side and in terms of skil,he is probably the best young forward in the world along with zlatan.

gilardino and cassano should make the starting lineups in the finals.
    im sure both of them wud make the squad unless they have some last minute horrendous injuries.

del piero has simply not done anough with the NT in the past,and this season he isnt a first team starter for juventus.

1.gilardino
    2.cassano
    3.toni
    4.iaquinta
    5.vieri/montella/del piero

i wudnt call totti a fwd.he's a midfielder.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)