DP Or Cassano To Germany (1 Viewer)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I wish Zlatan reopens the 'And justice for all' thread, I wanted to say an opinion but it is not worth it open a new thread for that.

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
Tomorow I head to Italy,
Milan for a day, then Turin on Saturday to watch the Juve-Messina match...
Night everyone :D

lavenderguy

Feb 28, 2005
No point to argue..right now, at this second, on this kind of performance....even u and me know that Del Piero is going to Germany, he is definitely ahead of Cassano IMO..
and even Toni and Iaquinta perform better than Cassano now..so, u ppl regard him as azzurri's saviour?
Azzuri doesn;t need a saviour, it needs team work and self belief..no player is bigger than d team...Totti might got the talent if he f it up again, i will kick his a**!! remember the match Italy won over Holland? Italy did the impossible..now that's team work!! if italy performed like that, Italy got a chance...or else no matter who u bring, it's a waste anyway...
but i hope DP wil get his chance, he deserved it based on his current performances...

lavenderguy

Feb 28, 2005
Jeek- r u a cassano fans? I can;t imagine Italy building the team on a single player...even trap tried to build italia around totti but that'sa very silly n dangerous...look what happen after totti got suspended?? and do u think cassano got what it takes to lead azzuri?? cassano can;t make it even to the top 10 young players of my list man.....
no where near rooney, c.ronaldo, robinho, messi....i am not hating cassano..but to say that cassano should be a starter and the core of azzuri team is something too much....even lippi plays dp as sub is fine w me...but dun bet the whole lot on cassano.....he aint no Baggio my dear!!

lavenderguy

Feb 28, 2005
some ppl stil mentioning the euro2000 lost...what about vieri's south korea's game tap in??? u missed in football matches dude!!
right now my choice of italia fwd(*excluding totti coz he is sure a starter)
1. Gila
2.Toni/Iaquinta
3. Del Piero
4. Cassano
I would exlude vieri, he is a junkie!

OP
DelpieroForLife
Dec 26, 2004
  • Thread Starter #133
    ++ [ originally posted by axlrose85 ] ++
    thats a decent lineup delpieroforlife,but i wud like having iaquinta in place of vieri.

I don't see an important rule for Iaquinta within this squad TBH...

Lippi cann't neglect Vieri as he used to score most of Italy's goals during major tournaments...

Toni isn't questionable specially if he keeps his good form, he is our only alternative in case Vieri plays like sh!t again... check Euro2004...

Gilardino has to improve his shaky start of the season to prove he deserves his spot... anyway another Inzaghi style of player can fit nearly in any system...

Cassano will go to Germany no matter what!!! Italy cann't leave its best talent home to watch games on paid TV channels... Lippi is certinaly aware of this fact and he knows the amount of critisizme he will earn if he keeps Cassano home and things didn't go on the right manner...

DP is doing perfect whenever somone gives him a call... Lippi might threat him saying that his place is not guranteed but will he gives him a call??? yes I'm sure he will...

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    IMO it's pretty clear that Vieri won't be going to Germany. We have a better "bomber" with Toni and a more elegant forward with Gilardino. No need for Christian.

OP
    DelpieroForLife
    Dec 26, 2004
  • Thread Starter #136
    ++ [ originally posted by axlrose85 ] ++
    do i take it that you expect vieri to be in the starting 11 at the wc?

If he doesn't improve his performance and grow up to expectations we can always use Toni or Gila...

Lippi's selection will be effected by this season performance, so if Gila, Vieri and Cassano don't improve their game they will risk losing their spots to the likes of Iaquinta, Lucarelli, Esposito or even Montella...

But IMO if things go in normal manner then Lippi would choose those names...

Jul 28, 2002
    Take both Dp-Cassano, let them play well together for italy and comeback to juve and perform legendary next season for us.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)