Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (78 Viewers)

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
BJ making another announcement about lockdown measures tonight. At this rate we'll be banned from looking out of the window.
It seems inevitable with >50k positive tests every day and even more hospitalizations to follow with the NHS already under pressure. Some London hospitals have reached its maximum capacity. I guess parliament needs to react.

But honestly I don't think more restrictions won't result in a R-value below 1. Most people I know are simply fed up with the social restrictions by now. There's no perspective in coming 3 months at all.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
It seems inevitable with >50k positive tests every day and even more hospitalizations to follow with the NHS already under pressure. Some London hospitals have reached its maximum capacity. I guess parliament needs to react.

But honestly I don't think more restrictions won't result in a R-value below 1. Most people I know are simply fed up with the social restrictions by now. There's no perspective in coming 3 months at all.
Yeah funny how parliament reacts so quickly and strongly when it affects London.

I think next step will be affect working and schools/unis. Unis should be closed anyway for now.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009

At least the support in the community seems to grow. I guess this new strain has made most people more aware and following the rules.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015

At least the support in the community seems to grow. I guess this new strain has made most people more aware and following the rules.
I was in strongly support at first and for a long time, currently I'm im somewhat support.

If this goes on well into this year, as i think it will, you can figure my trend out on your own.

Can't lock me away forever, even if it'd probably better for humanity.

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #9,332
    I was in strongly support at first and for a long time, currently I'm im somewhat support.

If this goes on well into this year, as i think it will, you can figure my trend out on your own.

Can't lock me away forever, even if it'd probably better for humanity.
    I went out to dinner twice in the past week. Restaurants are following protocols and people are wearing masks. You can't hold us back forever. If I happen to get covid and die, at least I can say I did so after enjoying crab shiatake egg rolls and a gourmet wagyu burger.

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    I went out to dinner twice in the past week. Restaurants are following protocols and people are wearing masks. You can't hold us back forever. If I happen to get covid and die, at least I can say I did so after enjoying crab shiatake egg rolls and a gourmet wagyu burger.
    Lol we been eating out the whole time here in Utah

Fab Fragment

Dec 22, 2018
    What a lousy vaccine rollout. Height of incompetency. Only some front line workers got it. The vaccine is no longer available in DFW. If anyone knows about its availability, please let me know. Thanks.
    I thought that 100 million vaccines were supposed to available by the end of Dec 2020.
    Why make such statements when the govt knew it was impossible. Or are they incompetent?
    Operation fart speed.

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    Yeah, can make as much rules as you want if no one is there to enforce them.
    Someone did a study with cell phone data in California (probably the hardest lockdown) and found out that most people aren’t locking down, at this point it’s really pointless

LA County has order ambulances not bring people that are too sick to hospitals

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    What a lousy vaccine rollout. Height of incompetency. Only some front line workers got it. The vaccine is no longer available in DFW. If anyone knows about its availability, please let me know. Thanks.
    I thought that 100 million vaccines were supposed to available by the end of Dec 2020.
    Why make such statements when the govt knew it was impossible. Or are they incompetent?
    Operation fart speed.
    NYC once vaccinated 72 million people in two weeks

My mom is a nurse in a covid unit (she’s 62) and Joni “covid is a hoax” Ernst got vaccinated a month before my mom.

It’s ridiculous

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 59)