Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (68 Viewers)

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I understand the point of the article but of course they can't just let anyone in.

As far as I know, if you're young, speak English or French and have a degree, you're pretty much in.

If you compare it to other developed nations, that's a walk in the park.
Yeah. We’re not brutal. If you have skills that are in demand here, higher education degrees, etc you can likely immigrate here. We’re actually pretty selective though and don’t allow family/chain migration at all really. Same deal with tourist visas. We reject about 35% of them last I checked. And much higher numbers from certain countries. ;) We allow quite a few refugees in too, but again are somewhat picky about them also.

I’m pretty happy with our immigration policy, it’s not an out of control free for all, but it also isn’t too draconian. Seems a good balance and manages to keep most of the left and right happy, ignoring the regards out at the edge on both sides.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Yeah. We’re not brutal. If you have skills that are in demand here, higher education degrees, etc you can likely immigrate here. We’re actually pretty selective though and don’t allow family/chain migration at all really. Same deal with tourist visas. We reject about 35% of them last I checked. And much higher numbers from certain countries. ;) We allow quite a few refugees in too, but again are somewhat picky about them also.

I’m pretty happy with our immigration policy, it’s not an out of control free for all, but it also isn’t too draconian. Seems a good balance and manages to keep most of the left and right happy, ignoring the regards out at the edge on both sides.
We have a similar system in place here. If you have skills that are in demand for example if you can behead a kuffar in under 30 seconds you can likely immigrate here. We're actually pretty selective though and don't allow family/chain migration unless the candidate guarantees that after his 12 wives he will only bring a limited number of goats here.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
We have a similar system in place here. If you have skills that are in demand for example if you can behead a kuffar in under 30 seconds you can likely immigrate here. We're actually pretty selective though and don't allow family/chain migration unless the candidate guarantees that after his 12 wives he will only bring a limited number of goats here.
We had a Chinese dude behead someone on a greyhound bus a decade ago, and then consume some of his flesh. Spent like 6-7 years in mental hospital and then gained full release, changed his name, doesn’t have any restrictions or anything. :shifty:

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
problem isn't human zombies. many will die, but people will survive.

problem is what if virus turns everything into zombies.

more people will die from zombie squirrels, bears and birds than from humans
the underwater city I’ve been building for the last decade will have none of that

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
there is a zombie trilogy book i read a while back. i think it was called the rising.

it dealt with humanity ending because everything turned into zombies basically. dogs, birds, humans. the catch was it wasn't a virus, but demons. and they ate humans not because they needed too, but because they wanted to offend god since he cherished humans.

really liked the book since it was a unique perspective, and the zombies were smart. they could talk, drive cars and use weapons. never seen anything like it before

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
australia has left the chat
Dude. Imagine a Huntsman Zombie Spider. Or a Brazilian Wandering Zombie Spider. Wtf. I’d have a heart attack and just die.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm just glad you and Post Ironic will die now for sure lol
If I become zombie, I’m hunting you down and eating your brains for sure. Kyle brains are the best tasting kind.

- - - Updated - - -

the underwater city I’ve been building for the last decade will have none of that
Dude have you never read any HP Lovecraft or Cthulhu Mythos stuff? Underwater with the elder gods and nightmares is the last place you’d ever wanna be on this planet.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Dude. Imagine a Huntsman Zombie Spider. Or a Brazilian Wandering Zombie Spider. Wtf. I’d have a heart attack and just die.

- - - Updated - - -

If I become zombie, I’m hunting you down and eating your brains for sure. Kyle brains are the best tasting kind.

- - - Updated - - -

Dude have you never read any HP Lovecraft or Cthulhu Mythos stuff? Underwater with the elder gods and nightmares is the last place you’d ever wanna be on this planet.
Of course not, that shits for virgins

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
The UK are probably the first country with a proper plan and will see significant effects from vaccination in the coming weeks,.

After approving the Oxford-vaccine, the health authorities have decided to delay the second dose needed of the vaccination with 12 weeks. So more people can get the first shot and offer them temporarily good protection against the virus. It's a very bold move, but also a great one I'd say. If this works they'll look forward to having those at-risk vaccinated before the summer.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
The UK are probably the first country with a proper plan and will see significant effects from vaccination in the coming weeks,.

After approving the Oxford-vaccine, the health authorities have decided to delay the second dose needed of the vaccination with 12 weeks. So more people can get the first shot and offer them temporarily good protection against the virus. It's a very bold move, but also a great one I'd say. If this works they'll look forward to having those at-risk vaccinated before the summer.
Are they sure that it will still have the same efficacy if it is delayed?

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Are they sure that it will still have the same efficacy if it is delayed?
Efficacy after one dose, 64% Efficacy after 2 doses, 70 – 80%. Although the second dose may actually be needed for longevity. They actually used a 56-day gap during the trials and still found most had good immunity.

From my understanding, the most important reason is that pretty much none of the vaccinated people in the trials were hospitalized. Don't think they're sure about it but considering the emergency hospital capacity in the UK this might turn out to be very significant

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 54)