Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (157 Viewers)

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
143 new cases in Romania in 24 hours(a bump of 140%) from the previous day.
By this time next week probably thousands per day.
I guess it's inevitable seeing as 1.5 million Romanians live and work in Italy legal or illegal.
And with our weak health sistem it is probably going to be national tragedy.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Indeed. It was the same here. Everybody was looking south to Italy, pretending it's not coming to us. Politicians said "we are not going to have the Italian conditions".

Something so racist to say. Now, while every country of the EU, is in its own, Cuba and Russia send doctors to Italy.
Europe should have done that, when I'm t began in Italy.

Solidarity is a foreign word in most European languages these days.
How is that a racist thing to say?

Wasn't the EU formed specifically for solidarity?

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Hold on to your knickers America. You are in for a hell of a ride. I know its bad in a lot of countries in the world also, but having Trump as your leader?... May God help you all.

114 case in my country, 1 death, an elderly woman
Some of you are a bit too obsessed about "America." We're seeing the same arc in a lot of places. Sweden hasn't even cancelled visitation hours with the elderly or enforce any restrictions on let alone shut down "necessities" like nightclubs and ski resorts.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
How does a thread on a global pandemic turn into US/Trump/Hillary/2016 LOL at US hating cesspool?

Can we get some redirects to the Murica thread for those discussions or nah?

- - - Updated - - -

Some of you are a bit too obsessed about "America." We're seeing the same arc in a lot of places. Sweden hasn't even cancelled visitation hours with the elderly or enforce any restrictions on let alone shut down "necessities" like nightclubs and ski resorts.
Filip (that guy) hates us here. Should be removed from the thread if it were up to me.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
My company announced 10% layoffs across the board :scared:
That's huge.

The situation in Malta will follow the same trend, I'm afraid. The government is doing it's utmost not to announce an official lockdown yet, however you can say it already is a partial lockdown where all outlets selling non-essential services/things are to temporarily shut down their operations until further notice, airports/ports are all closed, all organized mass gatherings have been shut down, etc. People working in factories are working 1 day weeks now, and they have to use their vacation leave for the rest of the days. What happens after they consume their vacation leave is still a mystery which needs to be addressed as soon as possible as that would cripple our economy.

Luckily Telcos are one of the least affected in this crisis; more people at home = more use of our services. The silver lining in my case has been that finally we're seeing companies acknowledging the fact that most of our work can be done remotely which can have positive impacts on traffic, environment and even flexibility for parents with children. Productivity is a bit subjective and may depend on the individual.

We're now over 100 cases with no casualties yet.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Looks as if the only thing that counts is the common market and profit...

It's racist, because the subtext was "those crazy, chaotic Italians can't handle shit".
I guess I don't know the full quote or context of whatever discussion about it was because on its face the quote would seem to be that they weren't prepared or made poor decisions that's why it struck me as odd.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
That's huge.

The situation in Malta will follow the same trend, I'm afraid. The government is doing it's utmost not to announce an official lockdown yet, however you can say it already is a partial lockdown where all outlets selling non-essential services/things are to temporarily shut down their operations until further notice, airports/ports are all closed, all organized mass gatherings have been shut down, etc. People working in factories are working 1 day weeks now, and they have to use their vacation leave for the rest of the days. What happens after they consume their vacation leave is still a mystery which needs to be addressed as soon as possible as that would cripple our economy.

Luckily Telcos are one of the least affected in this crisis; more people at home = more use of our services. The silver lining in my case has been that finally we're seeing companies acknowledging the fact that most of our work can be done remotely which can have positive impacts on traffic, environment and even flexibility for parents with children. Productivity is a bit subjective and may depend on the individual.

We're now over 100 cases with no casualties yet.
Does Malta have the infrastructure to deal with this in your opinion

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
How does a thread on a global pandemic turn into US/Trump/Hillary/2016 LOL at US hating cesspool?

Can we get some redirects to the Murica thread for those discussions or nah?

- - - Updated - - -

Filip (that guy) hates us here. Should be removed from the thread if it were up to me.
haters gonna hate, lovers gonna love, I don’t even need, none or the above..

...I’m gonna piss on you

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Does Malta have the infrastructure to deal with this in your opinion
It depends on the people I guess. 80% of the cases here were all caused by traveling, the rest were locally transmitted. The main priority for us is to not get a huge peak of new cases over a short period of time due to our resources, kind of like transforming a possible tsunami into a river. Else we're kind of fucked considering our size.

If people get in their heads the concept of social distancing, we have a chance.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015

enzo

May 14, 2012
I guess I don't know the full quote or context of whatever discussion about it was because on its face the quote would seem to be that they weren't prepared or made poor decisions that's why it struck me as odd.
Yeah, I can't give you an example or a definitive quote. It's how things were said, pronounced, dealt with. A certain arrogance resonating.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 148)