Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (195 Viewers)

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Just found out my friend's father has it, he's currently in the hospital. He was just receiving treatment for multiple myeloma a few months ago. I have no idea what to even say to her.

- - - Updated - - -

yeah, the US won't take this seriously enough until the death toll hits 10K or so and 1K start dying per day.
Some states take it a lot more seriously than others, which isn't very helpful.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
"territorial discrimination"
Sorta like how people hope California breaks off into the Pacific?

- - - Updated - - -

Just found out my friend's father has it, he's currently in the hospital. He was just receiving treatment for multiple myeloma a few months ago. I have no idea what to even say to her.

- - - Updated - - -

Some states take it a lot more seriously than others, which isn't very helpful.
That sucks, sorry to hear.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Deaths are total. New cases are for past 24 hours.

- - - Updated - - -

I hate headlines like that. NY actually ramped up testing and that’s the result. It doesn’t mean 38% more people got it overnight.

- - - Updated - - -

Also of note Cuomo said his team is working on a plan to restart the economy at some point in the near future, as shutting down the whole thing is not sustainable. He talked about isolating vulnerable people, letting those who recovered back to work, etc.
In order to let people go back to work, doesn't that mean they'd have to be tested first to confirm they don't have the virus? What box would need checked to allow someone back to work if that's the case? Seems risky considering close quarters and everyone has to metro there...

- - - Updated - - -

Michigan on lockdown I guess.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
In order to let people go back to work, doesn't that mean they'd have to be tested first to confirm they don't have the virus? What box would need checked to allow someone back to work if that's the case? Seems risky considering close quarters and everyone has to metro there...

- - - Updated - - -

Michigan on lockdown I guess.
Recovered people means those who had it, and now are tested negative. Those plans are of course in their infancy but it’s great that they’re thinking about it.

- - - Updated - - -

601 new deaths in Italy. 4k infected 2k less than in previous days.
Maybe this shit is working? Hopefully it doesn’t bounce back up tomorrow.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
It has to work. That's probably the best measure since people won't spread it and hospitals can tackle the ones infected while not having 30k in the waiting line. It's a great solution but it's gonna kill the economy. I heard that Germany reported this year GDP to be -5% btw.

In 48h we're starting with mass testing. It's what Chinese doctors recommended to do, so we're going offensive to separate the ill. I assume we'll jump from 250 cases to 1000 very fast.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
It has to work. That's probably the best measure since people won't spread it and hospitals can tackle the ones infected while not having 30k in the waiting line. It's a great solution but it's gonna kill the economy. I heard that Germany reported this year GDP to be -5% btw.

In 48h we're starting with mass testing. It's what Chinese doctors recommended to do, so we're going offensive to separate the ill. I assume we'll jump from 250 cases to 1000 very fast.
If no steps are taken, that will the economy tank too, except in that case it could be a slow and steady decline into a terrible recession that lasts multiple years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 182)