Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (61 Viewers)

enzo

May 14, 2012
Racism is not inherently a bad thing. In many cases racists are realists. And political correctness often leads to deception and concealment of underlying issues.

like here
https://www.theblaze.com/news/italy_political_correctness_china_coronavirus
The opposite of not being a racist is not a political correct person.

What I wanted to point out is, that many other countries kind of acted arrogant when the situation unfolded in Italy, as if it couldn't happen to them, because Italy is like close to being a failed state.
It's hard for me to express the attitude towards Italy during the beginning of the crisis. If you see a friend tumble, catch him, not watch him fall.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
We currently have 249 cases with 2 deaths.

Apparently Chinese experts who are here at the moment said that we'll have to wait 30 days to see it calm down. After that another 30 days to see it fall down. So they pretty much said we'll have this situation/measures for at least two months which is horrible.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
My company announced 10% layoffs across the board :scared:

Thats nothing, my company laid off 30%, I know some companies that laid off 50% or 80% in certain work places (retail, hotel and restuarant services). Crazy thing is it hasnt gone full crisis mode yet health wise in Sweden, so imagine that its financially drastic already in early stages, how it will be later.

Right know my company has us working 1-2 days a week (I have 8 days straight of not working with pay), with no more then 2-3 people at the same time. basically working 30-40% of our shifts, with almost full hours pay (7.5% reduction in salary). Prolly why they fired so many temp/extra/new hires/"unnecessary" personnel staff, so they can afford to keep us in these limited schedules. Not that they are paying bulk of it, the goverment is moving in to cover 60% of our salaries to stay home more.

- - - Updated - - -

haters gonna hate, lovers gonna love, I don’t even need, none or the above..

...I’m gonna piss on you

200.gif

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
We currently have 249 cases with 2 deaths.

Apparently Chinese experts who are here at the moment said that we'll have to wait 30 days to see it calm down. After that another 30 days to see it fall down. So they pretty much said we'll have this situation/measures for at least two months which is horrible.
I’d take two months. I’m worried that it takes longer than that.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
My company announced 10% layoffs across the board :scared:
that sucks, i hope they'll keep you. it's like a bloody trainwreck for the economy.

my brother is self-employed and works in tourism. all of his contracts and pre-contracts were cancelled, he's got zero income for the next ~2 months. at least the government suspended all credits and mortgages, so his liquidity is okay-ish for the moment.

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
C6E628A4-4F95-445F-AE3E-385D9C2DC21F.jpeg

I still believe Brazil numbers will surpass everyone else once it hits the poor “bairros” and favelas. Imagine 10 people being forced to quarantine under the same roof in a 1 bedroom 300sf house.

And this motherfucker is making sure if they won’t die from the virus they can out of hunger, he just passed a bill where companies won’t pay any salaries for 4 months.

Trump is stupid and evil as they come but this guy is something else. I’m 100% against everything this guy represents with every fiber of my being. He’s a disgusting pig.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
that sucks, i hope they'll keep you. it's like a bloody trainwreck for the economy.

my brother is self-employed and works in tourism. all of his contracts and pre-contracts were cancelled, he's got zero income for the next ~2 months. at least the government suspended all credits and mortgages, so his liquidity is okay-ish for the moment.
10% amounts to 2600 people. My company is especially hit hard because it’s in supply chain of air travel, but my division, which mostly deals with government contracts, is not impacted. So I don’t know how they are going to handle that. I’d give it a 30% chance that I personally get affected.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
How does a thread on a global pandemic turn into US/Trump/Hillary/2016 LOL at US hating cesspool?

Can we get some redirects to the Murica thread for those discussions or nah?

- - - Updated - - -

Filip (that guy) hates us here. Should be removed from the thread if it were up to me.
"territorial discrimination"

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
That's for the last 24h?
Deaths are total. New cases are for past 24 hours.

- - - Updated - - -

I hate headlines like that. NY actually ramped up testing and that’s the result. It doesn’t mean 38% more people got it overnight.

- - - Updated - - -

Also of note Cuomo said his team is working on a plan to restart the economy at some point in the near future, as shutting down the whole thing is not sustainable. He talked about isolating vulnerable people, letting those who recovered back to work, etc.

enzo

May 14, 2012
C6E628A4-4F95-445F-AE3E-385D9C2DC21F.jpeg

I still believe Brazil numbers will surpass everyone else once it hits the poor “bairros” and favelas. Imagine 10 people being forced to quarantine under the same roof in a 1 bedroom 300sf house.

And this motherfucker is making sure if they won’t die from the virus they can out of hunger, he just passed a bill where companies won’t pay any salaries for 4 months.

Trump is stupid and evil as they come but this guy is something else. I’m 100% against everything this guy represents with every fiber of my being. He’s a disgusting pig.
I hope he will trip and stumble soon, so people realize what a demagogue and fascist the guy is playing off the poor against the poorest.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
The opposite of not being a racist is not a political correct person.

What I wanted to point out is, that many other countries kind of acted arrogant when the situation unfolded in Italy, as if it couldn't happen to them, because Italy is like close to being a failed state.
It's hard for me to express the attitude towards Italy during the beginning of the crisis. If you see a friend tumble, catch him, not watch him fall.
Has Italy, to this day, received any help from other EU countries in the form of doctors, medical supplies, etc?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 41)