Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (67 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Lol nice, we don’t even have to get the first booster if we don’t want to.
People don't need to get it here either. It's not forced but just like 3rd was recommended and some people took it, now they say 4th one is quite likely. I don't think they can fight it so this becomes quite silly imo. Next thing will be one shot monthly.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
People don't need to get it here either. It's not forced but just like 3rd was recommended and some people took it, now they say 4th one is quite likely. I don't think they can fight it so this becomes quite silly imo. Next thing will be one shot monthly.
We don’t even have boosters available here yet. Serbia is wild.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
So after such a long time we're seeing huge spike of new cases, despite of the vaccination rate. Looking at my country, where it's like 55% (I think), vaccinated, it makes no difference compared to the period without it. Seeing other countries I'm not looking at stuff that was expected to happen with the "cure".

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
So after such a long time we're seeing huge spike of new cases, despite of the vaccination rate. Looking at my country, where it's like 55% (I think), vaccinated, it makes no difference compared to the period without it. Seeing other countries I'm not looking at stuff that was expected to happen with the "cure".
The UK is pretty much back to normal for the most part, isn't it?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Meh. This is the data in BC on case and hospitalization rate for vaxxed vs unvaxxed.
hospitalizations-slide.jpg

Considering 76% of the entire population has one shot and 69% fully vaxxed, the small minority of unvaxxed are making up a huge majority of cases and even more so hospitalizations. Kinda suggests the vaccines are pretty effective thus far.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Meh. This is the data in BC on case and hospitalization rate for vaxxed vs unvaxxed.
hospitalizations-slide.jpg

Considering 76% of the entire population has one shot and 69% fully vaxxed, the small minority of unvaxxed are making up a huge majority of cases and even more so hospitalizations. Kinda suggests the vaccines are pretty effective thus far.
I don't know. WHat I do know is what happened in my country ever since it started. We currently have 3500 cases in a day which is huge considering the population. Measures are pretty much same as before while 55% are vaccinated. I think we'll hit 4500 next week. I have no date if that's all unvaccinated but it just surpises me how the numbers are pretty much the same. One would have thought we'd have less since half the pop took the vaccine, no

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I don't know. WHat I do know is what happened in my country ever since it started. We currently have 3500 cases in a day which is huge considering the population. Measures are pretty much same as before while 55% are vaccinated. I think we'll hit 4500 next week. I have no date if that's all unvaccinated but it just surpises me how the numbers are pretty much the same. One would have thought we'd have less since half the pop took the vaccine, no
That’s because Delta Variant is like 10x more transmissible. It spreads like wildfire.

Anyways, I just showed you the data from BC breaking down cases and hospitalizations in the province which clearly shows that the vaccines are currently quite effective, especially at preventing serious Covid. The regional breakdown also says the same as the much more unvaccinated North and east of the province are where the majority of big outbreaks are right now even though they have a fraction of the population of the southeast corner of the province.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
The UK is pretty much back to normal for the most part, isn't it?
Not like before but you can do most things. When I go shopping I'd say 1/3 of people wear masks now. I went to the barbers today and no one had a mask on, all the Kurdish barbers shouting loudly across to each other in a small room. For some people the whole thing is over as far as they are concerned, yet we are still on 38k new cases daily.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 45)