Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (186 Viewers)

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
I agree with you, the media exaggeration about this disease, it is known that the best to sell is to create panic in people, out so far the connavirus is less dangerous than flue, Ebola, SARS. Since the Italian authorities made their spectacular operation everything has accelerated brutally in the European media.

If you kill the Chinese economy, you shoot yourself, the countries are too interconects. In France, for example, sales of major luxury brands, hotels, air transport and viticulture are seeing all their sales decline due to the fall in Asian tourism. Moreover, because of all the offshorings many countries have lost their know-how and are unable to produce those they consume.

With this crisis, I discovered that 80% of the active ingredients of drugs in France (and it must be the same for the rest of the countries) are produced in China, crazy and frightening to know that we depend so much on China for such a strategic sector. For our safety, it is necessary to repatriate this industry.
Sorry, that’s a crazy conspiracy theory with no legs to it.

Buy on AliExpress.com

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Reserve your spot in one of the upcoming tuz bunkers. There will be one tuz bunker in Yurop, one in NA and one in SEA - locations to be disclosed. While there will be multiple living sections (Sarri brainlets get to live near the lavatory) all supplies shall be shared between tuzzers and there shall be no slavery (for now)

Jun 6, 2015
you have to think about who benefits here. so all serie a teams might soon be playing behind closed doors. right when juventus home atmosphere sucks. right at crucial time in a hotly contested scudetto race. coincidence? #agnellididcoronavirus @Dostoevsky
Might be our ultras. This is their revenge against Agnelli who is set to loose millions with the rest of the season played within closed doors. Didn't they have some crazy bombs before? Perhaps they got their hands on a bioweapon.

Apr 17, 2013
you believe the french media is intentionally causing needless panic to hurt the chinese economy while simultaenously stating you understand how interconnected the global economy is?

the chinese govt is far from humanitarian or hesitant to sacrifice large #s of its own population for progress. they also dont face a critical media or risk losing elections do to slow or inadequate response here. this quarantine has the potential to crash their economy

yet, in spite of all this, they still quarantined half their population but yea the media is baselessly exxagerating here lol
I didn't say that.
To capture the viewer's attention there is nothing better than fear. You have to remember the US medias propaganda to justify the war in Iraq, all the medias explained morning and evening, with evidence support that Sadam had hidden weapons to discover Bush's lie in the end. We have to be critical and not believe everything the media say.
In France, there are 3 continuous news channels that are in competition, until today the major subject was that the pension reform, but since today it is a non-stop coranavirus because a bus carrying Italians was checked in Lyon. As @Dostoevsky says, in comparaison each year in France 10,000 people die on average from the flu, one person died from the conavirus .

We don't really know what's going on in China, there is a lot of speculation and fantasy, like in 2011 for H1n1, based on that France bought 91 million vacins which have never been used, a bill of 394 million wasted.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I didn't say that.
To capture the viewer's attention there is nothing better than fear. You have to remember the US medias propaganda to justify the war in Iraq, all the medias explained morning and evening, with evidence support that Sadam had hidden weapons to discover Bush's lie in the end. We have to be critical and not believe everything the media say.
In France, there are 3 continuous news channels that are in competition, until today the major subject was that the pension reform, but since today it is a non-stop coranavirus because a bus carrying Italians was checked in Lyon. As @Dostoevsky says, in comparaison each year in France 10,000 people die on average from the flu, one person died from the conavirus .

We don't really know what's going on in China, there is a lot of speculation and fantasy, like in 2011 for H1n1, based on that France bought 91 million vacins which have never been used, a bill of 394 million wasted.
Thank you.

Finally somebody who uses their own brain, not just totally brainwashed by fucking media.

Last sentence was cherry on the top. But meh, don't even bother explaining it to him.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
I love tuz... now I can talk about how everything is a Trump-Agnelli-EA conspiracy against China, Serie A and Infidels and forget about facts and the high possibility that the virus is gonna have a huge impact in mortality and in the economy in the entire world

Thanks guys

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Thank you.

Finally somebody who uses their own brain, not just totally brainwashed by fucking media.

Last sentence was cherry on the top. But meh, don't even bother explaining it to him.
actually its called thinking critically and, sadly, its often not a an ability possessed by the conspiratorily oriented.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
:lol:

Sure, Kyle. Go read some news and nod to everything since you couldn't even answer the guy, probably because media haven't said anything related to Raphaël 's response.
Bro, you are literally outright denying mortality rates to argue your point. Not sure why you’re laughing at anyone. Fearmongering is stupid, but so is outright dismissiveness because “hurr durr fake news”. That’s Trump style

@Raphaël brought up examples of Ebola, SARs, common flu as worse. But that’s silly, he contradicts himself. Ebola is deadly as hell, but too deadly and not easily communicable enough to go around the world. Common flu has less than 1/10th the mortality rate of Covid-19 thus far, but is a worldwide seasonal thing that 100s of millions get so obviously death toll is way higher. SARs had higher mortality rate but was way less infectious so less than half the people died that have died from Covid-19 thus far.

So which is it? Mortality rate (his argument for Ebola and SARs) or overall death toll and rate of infection (common flu)?

In the modern world pandemics are far more likely in viruses with less than 5% mortality rates and long incubation periods. Things that hit way harder and way faster are easier to contain. Or so suggests most CDC info/etc.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Bro, you are literally outright denying mortality rates to argue your point. Not sure why you’re laughing at anyone. Fearmongering is stupid, but so is outright dismissiveness because “hurr durr fake news”. That’s Trump style

@Raphaël brought up examples of Ebola, SARs, common flu as worse. But that’s silly, he contradicts himself. Ebola is deadly as hell, but too deadly and not easily communicable enough to go around the world. Common flu has less than 1/10th the mortality rate of Covid-19 thus far, but is a worldwide seasonal thing that 100s of millions get so obviously death toll is way higher. SARs had higher mortality rate but was way less infectious so less than half the people died that have died from Covid-19 thus far.

So which is it? Mortality rate (his argument for Ebola and SARs) or overall death toll and rate of infection (common flu)?

In the modern world pandemics are far more likely in viruses with less than 5% mortality rates and long incubation periods. Things that hit way harder and way faster are easier to contain. Or so suggests most CDC info/etc.
You get facts from the previous flu, then wait and see what this does in a year time. There was a huge hype behind H1N1 and it was bullshit. Those numbers he posted are exactly why I said pharmacy houses are mafia.

I'm not denying mortality rate. I'm saying statistics are usually shit and you can't define much. 3%, maybe, but what % is older people?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
You get facts from the previous flu, then wait and see what this does in a year time. There was a huge hype behind H1N1 and it was bullshit. Those numbers he posted are exactly why I said pharmacy houses are mafia.

I'm not denying mortality rate. I'm saying statistics are usually shit and you can't define much. 3%, maybe, but what % is older people?
So we’re just okay with old people dying? Weren’t you devastated by your grandparent dying? I know I was when my Ma’s parents died.

If the overall mortality rate is over 10x higher, that means it’s a lot more serious than common flu, amongst elders especially of course. The mortality rate is only like 0.4% among healthy people under 50. But common flu has a mortality rate under 0.05% in that same age group.

It’s a far deadlier virus. It’s just that simple. Whether it actually creates a pandemic is another story, and the media should of course chill a little there, while keeping people informed.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
So we’re just okay with old people dying? Weren’t you devastated by your grandparent dying? I know I was when my Ma’s parents died.

If the overall mortality rate is over 10x higher, that means it’s a lot more serious than common flu, amongst elders especially of course. The mortality rate is only like 0.4% among healthy people under 50. But common flu has a mortality rate under 0.05% in that same age group.

It’s a far deadlier virus. It’s just that simple. Whether it actually creates a pandemic is another story, and the media should of course chill a little there, while keeping people informed.
Does it make a difference if it's old people? They're more at risk and normal adults with good health conditions obviously less so, but they're still deaths man.
Of course not... like I'd happy if it's only elders. But it's not the same as it's not as dangerous for the youth.

He said that 10k on averages dies from the flu. H1N1 barely killed some, or even if it killed large numbers in France, it's less than a common flu. We can only see what happens with corona in a year time. If numbers go beyond 10k, or millions, sure, I was wrong.

Either way, neither you nor I can do something about it. IF it's as big as it's being presented, which I highly doubt, then there are no measures to handle such problem. It won't be possible to say "why we didn't react earlier" or something like that, as finding a cure takes over a year, while an individual can't do anything really. Do I see countries state a red alert like don't go to work, don't leave country, buy food and sit in your shelter? I don't think so.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I didn't say that.

i never disagreed that the a proft seeking media will seek to increase viewership through stories that scare on incite. i agree with that but its silly to claim this is being blown out of proportion.

neither you or dusan seem to want to address actual claims i made like the chinese government quarantining 700 million people in a move that will potentially wreck their economy. why would they do that if it wasnt an immensely serious situation? please explain china's endgame in that movr if the situation is not serious?

- - - Updated - - -

:lol:

Sure, Kyle. Go read some news and nod to everything since you couldn't even answer the guy, probably because media haven't said anything related to Raphaël 's response.
I did make points none if which you even bothered to address bevause they conflict with how youve already made up your mind.

its funny because i remember shortly after trump election you were on here ranting about how stupid americans are for it but all youve been able articulate, not actually addressing anything i said or points i made, is "you really believe mainstream media bruh?" aka trump supporter 101

is the chinese govt being duped by mainstream western media too? is that your argument? please do explain their rational behind the quarantine

Last edited:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Get used to it. This will still be happening a year from now, and we’re pretty much all getting it like a bad flu.

Waiting for the conspiracy theories about how it’s pruning out the pensioners, retirees, and old politicians and voters.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 175)