Chelsea agreed transfer fee with Juve over Zambrotta - Channel4 (9 Viewers)

arc

Mar 11, 2004
Chelsea are today being associated with a world record £70m swoop for Inter striker Adriano.

The Corriere dello Sport newspaper claims that the Brazilian is the London club’s primary transfer objective and they are ready to make a summer bid.

Chelsea initially expressed an interest when the 23-year-old was still at Parma but the South American opted to join the Nerazzurri instead.

However, they are now ready to launch a new bid by offering a host of Roman Abramovich’s millions for the star striker.

Adriano is undoubtedly a key figure at the San Siro but if the alleged £70m offer turns out to be real, then the Italian club may be tempted to sell and then re-invest that cash on the market.

That money could then be used to finance moves for various players, including a replacement for Adriano.

Parma striker Alberto Gilardino could be that man given that he is likely to be sold by the Tardini outfit in the summer.

Roma’s Antonio Cassano may be targeted too even if Juventus are known to be tracking the talented youngster.

Inter are also set to reinforce their defensive options over the summer and that cash injection would make proposed moves for Walter Samuel of Real Madrid and Roma’s Cristian Chivu much simpler.

Meanwhile, unconfirmed reports claim that Chelsea have agreed a fee with Juventus over left-back Gianluca Zambrotta.

If the Italian international moves to Stamford Bridge, Juve will recall Giorgio Chiellini from his loan spell at Fiorentina.

source: channel 4

im posting this to show how much harted i have for chelsea, £70m for a player, they totally ruined the game :fero:

Buy on AliExpress.com
Dec 26, 2004
++ [ originally posted by pecker ] ++

lies, he's been good the last few games, but other than that he's crosses have been the lamest ever, he's dribblings and passes has been unsuccesful. Though he's been good in defence, but a fullback these days requires more then that.
I think it is too greedy to ask for more than what Zambro offer as LB, I know he is not having the best season but he remains the best LB in the world....

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++

cmon adrian, i respected you.

even the irish kid wouldnt be bad
Zambrotta- Damien Straight swap and i will massage Moggis balls.

May 4, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Dan ] ++

It was to counteract what you said about zambrotta... no way in hell that deals is gonna happen.
I KNOW!! thats why i made THIS --> :D at the end of that post ... but i guess i cant say anything thats not realstic, coes ppl might make fun of me after that!!!!!

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Juve_Kosova ] ++

I KNOW!! thats why i made THIS --> :D at the end of that post ... but i guess i cant say anything thats not realstic, coes ppl might make fun of me after that!!!!!
Oh come on. Thats also why i did a :D at the end of it too. Lets not get in a parade about it and drop it right now please.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++

You could either play Chivu as left back or move Thuram back to the right and play Chivu in the centre.
We all saw how Thuram was on the right last year and we tried him couple of times this year, didn't work.

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
Thuram was also right back in the 2002/2003 season and did very well. He's only too old now to do all the running, and besides that he's better as a centre back anyway.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Mr. Gol ] ++
Thuram was also right back in the 2002/2003 season and did very well. He's only too old now to do all the running, and besides that he's better as a centre back anyway.
Agree about that.
Thuram is really too slow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)