Chelsea agreed transfer fee with Juve over Zambrotta - Channel4 (6 Viewers)

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Zambrotta will be an all around player who can play anywhere near the sidelines. If I were Chelsea I would pay 35-40 million.

I hate to see Zambo leave, Chiellini is good at LB, but going forward, Zambo gives a lot more. If we put him at LM it would be awesome.

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
Zambrotta is brilliant defensively, much better and much safer than Glen Johnson.
Lately Zambrotta has not been as good as he used to be offensively but his defensive play is still top-class without any mistakes.

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
Geez I wasn't expecting anyone to cheer this offer. This is just sick.

Zambrotta has been fighting for us longer than any starter in our team except Del Piero who is barely a starter though.
People come around complaining about how Chelsea are buying new players all the time, but tell me isn't that better than to sell your best and most loyal players as soon as they have a bad period and a rival offers some money.
Chelsea will never sell John Terry. He is english, he is the best player in the world on his position, he has been in the club for several years. Zambrotta is Italian, the best in the world on his position and has been with us for several years. I can never understand why one should sell a player no matter what a team might offer if he can't be replaced with someone better. Maybe if he was 34 but Zambrotta has a lot of years still on top.

The mainreason why we shouldn't sell him though is that we should be loyal to the players that have been loyal to us.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Well, now since Chelsea is out of the CL Abramovich is surely going to open his wallet. He will buy a leftback, rightback, and probably a goalscorer such as Gilardino. I have a feeling two Italian players will be at Chelsea next season, unfortunately.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
I agree with Zambrotta.
We will show how big we are and how big our expectations are,for incoming seasons.
Zambro is Italian,great player and very loyal.FORZA ZAMBRO!
Maybe he scores against milan,who knows!
I'm not happy that Chelsea are out bacause milan has easy job at the final.milan have had a great quantity of luck this year.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
Well, now since Chelsea is out of the CL Abramovich is surely going to open his wallet. He will buy a leftback, rightback, and probably a goalscorer such as Gilardino. I have a feeling two Italian players will be at Chelsea next season, unfortunately.
word

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
I am not FOR the sale of Zambrotta, but I think that if Chelsea were to pay a huge lot of money, I dont know how Juve could resist knowing that we have the Chiellini Card.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by - vOnAm - ] ++
I am not FOR the sale of Zambrotta, but I think that if Chelsea were to pay a huge lot of money, I dont know how Juve could resist knowing that we have the Chiellini Card.
agreed:D

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Zambrotta staying at Juventus Wednesday 4 May, 2005

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gianluca Zambrotta’s representative has ruled out a transfer to Chelsea for the Juventus defender.

The left-back has been paired with the Stamford Bridge outfit recently but the international seems set to stay in Turin.

"I can categorically exclude the possibility that he will leave Juventus," Beppe Bonetto told Spq Radio.

"The Bianconeri just won’t sell him and not even a massive offer would be enough to tempt them to think about it."

Chelsea are keen on a new full-back after they were also heavily linked with Arsenal’s Ashley Cole.

Zambrotta is one of the most highly-rated players in Europe after being converted from a right-sided midfielder by previous boss Marcello Lippi.

Meanwhile, Bonetto also insisted that goalkeeper Angelo Peruzzi, another of his players, would stay at Lazio.

"I’ve spoken to sporting director Gabriele Martino and the club have no intention of doing without him," he added.

source: channel4.com

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
++ [ originally posted by - vOnAm - ] ++
I wouldn't be so sure about Chiellini. He looks promising, but so did Brighi, Blasi, Miccoli and Maresca too. It is a completely different thing to play for Juventus than a team in the middle of the table.

Edge

Jun 14, 2004
Chiellini looked shaky against Milan last weekend, and was at fault for the second goal. So I dunno, he doesn't look like half the player Zambrotta is.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Zambrotta ] ++

I wouldn't be so sure about Chiellini. He looks promising, but so did Brighi, Blasi, Miccoli and Maresca too. It is a completely different thing to play for Juventus than a team in the middle of the table.
Yes,and that's because Zambro is proven player(not just proven as a player,he is certeanly the best one at the position),while Chiellini has a lot of to do to prove himself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)