Chelsea agreed transfer fee with Juve over Zambrotta - Channel4 (2 Viewers)

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
Seriously doubt that, but i dont doubt the interest from Chelsea.

The media love to make out that Chelsea are the super dooper spenders, but if you look at their actual transfers, they have spent alot on players, but nothing above 30 million euros.

I would say a reasonable sum for zambrotta would be 20-25 million euros.

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Zambrotta ] ++

I wouldn't be so sure about Chiellini. He looks promising, but so did Brighi, Blasi, Miccoli and Maresca too. It is a completely different thing to play for Juventus than a team in the middle of the table.
I would rate Capellos knowledge of players higher then yours to be honest. I think Chelini would be fine for us.

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
The Italian international has been heavily linked with a switch to the English champions as they look to fill the left-back role for next season with a move for Ashley Cole now looking unlikely.

However, Zambrotta's agent Beppe Bonetto has been quoted in the Italian press as saying: "I can categorically exclude the possibility that he will leave Juventus.

"The Bianconeri just won’t sell him and not even a massive offer would be enough to tempt them to think about it."

Check here

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Dan ] ++
Seriously doubt that, but i dont doubt the interest from Chelsea.

The media love to make out that Chelsea are the super dooper spenders, but if you look at their actual transfers, they have spent alot on players, but nothing above 30 million euros.

I would say a reasonable sum for zambrotta would be 20-25 million euros.
I think 20-25 million is too low, I would never accept such offer, between 30-40 feels more realistic because I think Juve will let him go if ONLY a REALLY big deal comes in. He is afterall consided Indispensible.

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
++ [ originally posted by - vOnAm - ] ++

I think 20-25 million is too low, I would never accept such offer, between 30-40 feels more realistic because I think Juve will let him go if ONLY a REALLY big deal comes in. He is afterall consided Indispensible.
Oh come on. He is not a 30 million euro player. Dont overate him.

JUVESUPPORTER

Aug 25, 2003

Zambrotta- Damien Straight swap and i will massage Moggis balls.
that would be sweet, our new nedved.

I wouldnt be too sad if Zambrotta left as long as the price is worth his value (30million euros) with that money we can buy a right back,a left winger(to replace nedved soon) and a striker

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001

I would rate Capellos knowledge of players higher then yours to be honest. I think Chelini would be fine for us.
Sure Capello knows more than me but has he ever said that Chiellini would be better than Zambrotta for us?

Juve_Kosova

★ ★ ★
May 4, 2004
++ [ originally posted by - vOnAm - ] ++

cant agree more!

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004

Sure Capello knows more than me but has he ever said that Chiellini would be better than Zambrotta for us?
I havent. But Chiellini was signed to be Zambrottas replacement at one point, so i guess Capello sees him as on the same level (maybe in a couple of years)

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001

I havent. But Chiellini was signed to be Zambrottas replacement at one point, so i guess Capello sees him as on the same level (maybe in a couple of years)
Did they ever say he was his future replacement?
They probably saw him as a potential replacement for Zambrotta but how many players have not been there. No matter how well he plays in Fiorentina it can never guarantee that he will play good in Juventus, just look at Brighi and Miccoli.

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004

Did they ever say he was his future replacement?
They probably saw him as a potential replacement for Zambrotta but how many players have not been there. No matter how well he plays in Fiorentina it can never guarantee that he will play good in Juventus, just look at Brighi and Miccoli.
Did they ever say he wouldnt be signed for a replacement? Anyway, what would the sense be in singing him then?

Miccoli did play well at juve imo, but that is a different story open to debate so ill leave you with your opinion.

But just because it isnt a guarantuee, doesnt mean it wont happen. We effectively take a risk on every player we sign.

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001

Did they ever say he wouldnt be signed for a replacement? Anyway, what would the sense be in singing him then?
Juventus buys a lot of players and very few of them make it to the first team squad. Like you say it is a risk every time.
Anycase, I think we're pretty much at the same wavelength in the signing question. What I really want to point out is that it is too risky to sell Zambrotta and assume that Chiellini will take his place.

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
I agree to a certain extent, but Juventus are known for taking risks in selling off their big players and replacing them with younger players with potential. Sure, sometimes it doesnt work but we do it. Im not confident with chelini's ability if i am to be honest, but history of the club shows that its probably going to happen ( DP replacing baggio for one)

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Yea, but if you think of the immediate future, you'd see there is no sense in selling Zambrotta. To start with, the core of this squad is pretty much going to be on its way out in a couple of years at the most. Thuram, Nedved, Del Piero, Cannavaro, Zambrotta and Gigi imo make up the core of the squad. They now have an understanding of the system and the Juventus style. However, they arent getting younger and that means theyre not going to be around forever. Zambrotta is the one player who would help keep the squad together at that point of time, maybe followed by Camoranesi, Emerson and the like, as they inspire the new young talents and help them emerge with that Juve spirit. Zambro imo is the ideal candidate to help Juve make the transition with its new generation of players. It bodes well for the future to have him around, and im pretty sure everybody at the club realises that.

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++
Yea, but if you think of the immediate future, you'd see there is no sense in selling Zambrotta. To start with, the core of this squad is pretty much going to be on its way out in a couple of years at the most. Thuram, Nedved, Del Piero, Cannavaro, Zambrotta and Gigi imo make up the core of the squad. They now have an understanding of the system and the Juventus style. However, they arent getting younger and that means theyre not going to be around forever. Zambrotta is the one player who would help keep the squad together at that point of time, maybe followed by Camoranesi, Emerson and the like, as they inspire the new young talents and help them emerge with that Juve spirit. Zambro imo is the ideal candidate to help Juve make the transition with its new generation of players. It bodes well for the future to have him around, and im pretty sure everybody at the club realises that.
Well said. we have a solid defence today and we shouldn't break it up unless it's necessary.

OP
Daddi

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
  • Thread Starter #140
    I want to Keep Zambro, but for the right money, we could sell 30m€+

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)