Chelsea agreed transfer fee with Juve over Zambrotta - Channel4 (1 Viewer)

loyada

Feb 6, 2005
++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++
If this is true it is SHAMEFUL

but typical Juve (no offense)...they don't and never have given TWO sh*ts about players and their contribution to the team:

Baggio, Zidane, Inzaghi...

MOggi would sell his MOTHER for the right price
apparently zidane wanted to move to spain,

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
If Zambrotta indeed moves to London this summer obviously I will miss him, however the money we would recieve in return would be enough to buy three great players in defense, midfield, and attack respectively. Zambro has given us a lot over the years and he's certainly established himself as the best left-back in the world, however at Juventus everybody is for sale at the right price. Just imagine with Zambro's sale,we could buy players like Chivu, Pizarro, and Gilardino, just at the expense of our left back who has a ready replacement in Chiellini. That's just what you call good business, even though people would miss Zambro in Turin.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003

but typical Juve (no offense)...they don't and never have given TWO sh*ts about players and their contribution to the team:

I wouldnt agree entirely. It is right for the club to be run like a business. Over time, thats really been the secret to Juve's successes. The fact remains, that players who have arrived on the world stage with large paychecks, beautiful women and palace like mansions in tow do not have the same hunger as a younger player willing to prove himself on the pitch to carve his own little piece of history. Of course Baggio and Zidane were the best players of their respective eras, but really, if you look back you'll see, not only did Juve profit from their sales financially, but also went on to bag immediate success on the field. If you go down memory lane, youll remember Milan's struggles in 95, 97, 2000, 2001 and 2002 - it was really a case of players having served their time coupled with some poor transfer strategies on the part of the management. There was no hunger, which meant no titles.
Currently, if you take the Zambrotta situation with Chelsea in to focus. As much as i dont want it to happen with valid reasoning to boot, I do not entirely fail to see the good it could bring to the team, even if it takes such a sacrifice. If we go another season without a title, we wouldnt have much choice but to do what it takes to put us back where we belong.

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
**** me. I just got a zambrotta jersey half a year ago.

I said this will happen. Dont worry. This was obviously predicted, as Cheilini was signed to replace zambrotta in the near future. Given the age gap between the two, if zambrotta was to finish his career with us, chellieni would be late 20s, thus wasting his best years. Dont worry, this is a cool 25 mil euros. Chelini is an adquete back up, and the 25mil will go to other departments.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

How is this shameful? That notion reminds me of chxta saying the Milan match yesterday was an "injustice."

May 4, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Dan ] ++
**** me. I just got a zambrotta jersey half a year ago.

I said this will happen. Dont worry. This was obviously predicted, as Cheilini was signed to replace zambrotta in the near future. Given the age gap between the two, if zambrotta was to finish his career with us, chellieni would be late 20s, thus wasting his best years. Dont worry, this is a cool 25 mil euros. Chelini is an adquete back up, and the 25mil will go to other departments.
is it just me, or isent 25m€ to little for zambro???

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
25 million IMO is a little steep, but chelsea can afford it. As harsh as it sounds, he may be among the top 3 Fullbacks in the world, but a fullback isnt such an intregate gear in a squad.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
I'd rather have, for example, Chiellini, Rosicky and Chivu, than just Zambrotta.
Believe me I would never take these 3 over Zambrotta Never. Who's gonna place Zambrotta if he leaves? Chiellini? Okay we all know he's a great player, but no way near Zambrotta, Chivu? are we gonna keep him on the bench, because we already have 2 CD (Cannavaro,Thuram) and I don't see them leaving the Club.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
This story is obviously a bunch-a-bologne, but in the realm of IF's, i would not turn down 25 MIL for Zambrotta having secured good replacements. Having money alone obviously is not enough. So three words: Vendere e Vincere.

N.B: to the Milan Fan, I guess Milan really respected Baggio in his stint there.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++

Believe me I would never take these 3 over Zambrotta Never. Who's gonna place Zambrotta if he leaves? Chiellini? Okay we all know he's a great player, but no way near Zambrotta, Chivu? are we gonna keep him on the bench, because we already have 2 CD (Cannavaro,Thuram) and I don't see them leaving the Club.

You could either play Chivu as left back or move Thuram back to the right and play Chivu in the centre.

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
Give him next and one more, then he will become a bit crap and he will be relagated to the bench. Hell, even the season after next he could sub around alot.

OP
Daddi

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
  • Thread Starter #60
    Thuram may last 1 more season as starter, then backup IMO. Chivu pleaase :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)