Champions League 2016/2017 (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
And think of our flanks compared to 2015, mane! Evra and Licht vs Alex balls of steel Sandro and a guy on fucking fire in Dani Alves!

- - - Updated - - -

Manbro, man. Manbro...

We got it this time. I'm certain of it.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Finalophobia is creeping in.
I mean seriously who can blame the phobia. We've been extremely unlucky that its just beyond ridiculous. Unlike 2015, where I was shitting my pants, this time around, however, I feel more comfortable and only because we got Dani who absolutely loves to thrive on these occassions.The others are learning from him. Higuain has a bad history in final's and its a mental thing. Infact if we took Real Madrid over two legs, im convinced we will annhilate them, but for finals you need a Unique mentality. Were great at league marathons, weve shown we can handle the coppa finals so not all bad, but CL is a different ball game, biggest in the world, we just need to sieze the moment.

As Chiellini said, they were nervous in 2015 and hopefully this time around, they make cardiff their very own city, their own fortress and I hope to god the lucky Juve fans are as vocal if not more than when they are at our stadium. They need us, we need them.

All that said, its easy to feel somewhat confident with so much time to the final, but closer to kick off the nerves will undoubtedly kick in, even for those who claim to deny it.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
@Bisco, I owed you a post of my simple thoughts about Real last night, I just remembered:

It will surely be even on footballing level (tho mainly not mentally...)The main thing that just gives them the edge for me is simply Cristiano. He litterally needs half a chance to bury in this form.

But I actually watched them almost as much as our games most of the time (my brother is a fan), and despite the hype and insane allure of Real, their actual performances have taken a hit, we really play better more fluid ootball then them right now despite the "italian, uugh boring" casual fan attitude.

They are extremely lethal/efficient offensively, but in general play they look less dynamic, extremely predictable and stale creative offensively then they used to earlier this season or past seasons, its all about nonstop crosses (and it mostly works to be frank, but its easier approach to stop for great defence), they have great CMs (best in the game) that are technically superior and smarter but dont seem to be using them much to open up games currently (and its not their fault, but lack of proper movement upfront stifles them to make splitting passes). Its all about the fullbacks making the final balls. Carvajal litterally more decisive creating weapon wide then any of the wingers/forwards, plus Marcelo is their creative hub, and as great as he is, a fullback shouldnt ideally be a creative hub for a well functioning team at this stage of the season. Its because Bale has been a dud besides the injury issues, and Ronaldo and Benzema dont move or work off the ball as dynamic as you hope them do, to open up space and become unpredictable with our without the ball, when they face a settled defence they become stuck in their approach (when they dont, watch out, litterally the best at counter attacking). So it all becomes about overlaps wide, highly efficient final balls from crosses and keeping possession til fullbacks overload on a side almost every single time (vs settled defence that is). I recommend any of you to watch their game vs Valencia, it was litterally a a practice to just crossing over and over and over.

Thats why someone like Isco is so fantastic influence for them in their current limitations, when he is on his game, he breaks the pattern and moves all over, something new from the inertia of predictably keeping possession til a crooss is necessary. On general play Benzema and Cristiano rarely do much anymore and I hope to God they start Bale...it will be so much more predictable then facing any of Isco, James or Asensio (James bit undynamic too, allways cuts in to shoot, pass back, while Asensio plays more of a fluid winger). Especially Isco who is for me one of the main reasons why Atletico midfield crumbled vs Real, and midfield crumbling being the reason they got slaughtered, giving space and counters to Cristiano (he basically plays as a CF more with Isco on the field then Bale, where he tends to be more wide with later for the sake of the shape). Isco wasnt the best performing midfielder, but his fluid movement and ability to go down centrally hold up play and become 4th CM litterally forced Atletico do tons of mistakes they didnt used to do in a month in previous seasons.

Zizou is more balanced and italian in his coaching then your average La Liga coach, good use of his depth too, but his real still cant manage to hold cleansheets most of the time. So there will be space to punish them for sure aslong as remain patient and dont stress ourselves.

But we need to work overtime to limit the tiniest of space for Ronaldo to punish. He is litterally the only reason I give them the tag of favourites, despite how great most of their other parts are.

:tup: thank you soo much bro i appreciate it :))))))

Jul 13, 2010
can someone link to the english-speakers forum of real madrid? Like us, forzainterforums or barcaforum. I tried to search and couldn't find except bigsoccer shyat

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I get the feeling Atletico are going to wage war on Real tonight, resulting in either significant injuries or suspensions for Real. Casemiro and Marcelo out would be nice.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
I get the feeling Atletico are going to wage war on Real tonight, resulting in either significant injuries or suspensions for Real.
I'm expecting/hoping for a fight. They bent over last game unfortunately, hopefully they'll show at the very least as much grit as Monaco showed yesterday.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
European Champions

1989 ����ITALY (milan)
+7
1996 ����ITALY (JUVE)
+7
2003 ����ITALY (milan)
+7
2010 ����ITALY (inter)
+7
2017? ����ITALY (JUVE)? :xfinger:

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
European Champions

1989 ����ITALY (Milan)
+7
1996 ����ITALY (Juve)
+7
2003 ����ITALY (Milan)
+7
2010 ����ITALY (Inter)
+7
2017? ����ITALY (JUVE)? :xfinger:
Shit like this scare me more then Higuain missing 5 consecutive open net chances.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
@Bisco, I owed you a post of my simple thoughts about Real last night, I just remembered:

It will surely be even on footballing level (tho mainly not mentally...)The main thing that just gives them the edge for me is simply Cristiano. He litterally needs half a chance to bury in this form.

But I actually watched them almost as much as our games most of the time (my brother is a fan), and despite the hype and insane allure of Real, their actual performances have taken a hit, we really play better more fluid ootball then them right now despite the "italian, uugh boring" casual fan attitude.

They are extremely lethal/efficient offensively, but in general play they look less dynamic, extremely predictable and stale creative offensively then they used to earlier this season or past seasons, its all about nonstop crosses (and it mostly works to be frank, but its easier approach to stop for great defence), they have great CMs (best in the game) that are technically superior and smarter but dont seem to be using them much to open up games currently (and its not their fault, but lack of proper movement upfront stifles them to make splitting passes). Its all about the fullbacks making the final balls. Carvajal litterally more decisive creating weapon wide then any of the wingers/forwards, plus Marcelo is their creative hub, and as great as he is, a fullback shouldnt ideally be a creative hub for a well functioning team at this stage of the season. Its because Bale has been a dud besides the injury issues, and Ronaldo and Benzema dont move or work off the ball as dynamic as you hope them do, to open up space and become unpredictable with our without the ball, when they face a settled defence they become stuck in their approach (when they dont, watch out, litterally the best at counter attacking). So it all becomes about overlaps wide, highly efficient final balls from crosses and keeping possession til fullbacks overload on a side almost every single time (vs settled defence that is). I recommend any of you to watch their game vs Valencia, it was litterally a a practice to just crossing over and over and over.

Thats why someone like Isco is so fantastic influence for them in their current limitations, when he is on his game, he breaks the pattern and moves all over, something new from the inertia of predictably keeping possession til a crooss is necessary. On general play Benzema and Cristiano rarely do much anymore and I hope to God they start Bale...it will be so much more predictable then facing any of Isco, James or Asensio (James bit undynamic too, allways cuts in to shoot, pass back, while Asensio plays more of a fluid winger). Especially Isco who is for me one of the main reasons why Atletico midfield crumbled vs Real, and midfield crumbling being the reason they got slaughtered, giving space and counters to Cristiano (he basically plays as a CF more with Isco on the field then Bale, where he tends to be more wide with later for the sake of the shape). Isco wasnt the best performing midfielder, but his fluid movement and ability to go down centrally hold up play and become 4th CM litterally forced Atletico do tons of mistakes they didnt used to do in a month in previous seasons.

Zizou is more balanced and italian in his coaching then your average La Liga coach, good use of his depth too, but his real still cant manage to hold cleansheets most of the time. So there will be space to punish them for sure aslong as remain patient and dont stress ourselves.

But we need to work overtime to limit the tiniest of space for Ronaldo to punish. He is litterally the only reason I give them the tag of favourites, despite how great most of their other parts are.
Is it possible to score against Juventus via crossing? I mean I guess if Dani Alves goes back to RB instead of Barzagli but long as that doesn't happen our defense so strong in the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)