Champions League 2016/2017 (17 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Is it possible to score against Juventus via crossing? I mean I guess if Dani Alves goes back to RB instead of Barzagli but long as that doesn't happen our defense so strong in the air.
In defending set pieces we are shit, I mean most times Monaco threatend was through indirect freekick, corner crosses (or the short corner they scored from). Thats was when I was truly nervous every time. In general play best chance in first leg was an early cross to Mbappe that Bonucci had no clue on. So yeah crossing can be difficult, IN TRANSITION, but we have the whole defence settled? Yeah nah dont see it as much of a threat even if Cristiano is possibly the best heading scorer ever lol. But the guys should be able to handle such predictable crosses in general play. The mayhem of set pieces tho...

But still, Marcelo, Carvajal, Modric or Kroos (this guy on set piece crossing is goat level) are all lethal crosses, so it will be quite trying ordeal. But BBC should have decent handle on it general, only weakness at it is Bonucci really. I mean one inch given to Cristiano and he scores, and we gave more opportunities to Monaco then we should have, imagine giving that to frigging Cristiano? He simply doesnt miss any of those chances.

Barzagli will start for sure lol.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
first of all, that's racist. We don't say marker anymore. Secondly, Ronaldo does the same despite his age. And he doesnt miss
melatoninly gifted writing utensil?
In defending set pieces we are shit, I mean most times Monaco threatend was through indirect freekick, corner crosses (or the short corner they scored from). Thats was when I was truly nervous every time. In general play best chance in first leg was an early cross to Mbappe that Bonucci had no clue on. So yeah crossing can be difficult, IN TRANSITION, but we have the whole defence settled? Yeah nah dont see it as much of a threat even if Cristiano is possibly the best heading scorer ever lol. But the guys should be able to handle such predictable crosses in general play. The mayhem of set pieces tho...

But still, Marcelo, Carvajal, Modric or Kroos (this guy on set piece crossing is goat level) are all lethal crosses, so it will be quite trying ordeal. But BBC should have decent handle on it general, only weakness at it is Bonucci really. I mean one inch given to Cristiano and he scores, and we gave more opportunities to Monaco then we should have, imagine giving that to frigging Cristiano? He simply doesnt miss any of those chances.

Barzagli will start for sure lol.
Yea that seems to have been a persistent problem under Allegri. Odd how a coach so dacdically meticulous with a team that is so organized and mentally focused shows a weakness at defending set pieces. You'd think we would be good at that

I suppose anything can happen from an early cross especially when the team is still transitioning but I feel pretty confident. Marcelo still scary though :scared:

of course lol

Paid-off-Ref

Dec 16, 2004
European Champions

1989 ����ITALY (milan)
+7
1996 ����ITALY (JUVE)
+7
2003 ����ITALY (milan)
+7
2010 ����ITALY (inter)
+7
2017? ����ITALY (JUVE)? :xfinger:
What about Milan in 1990, 1994 and 2007?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Is it possible to score against Juventus via crossing? I mean I guess if Dani Alves goes back to RB instead of Barzagli but long as that doesn't happen our defense so strong in the air.
Of course. You do what Monaco did. You put those crosses in behind our defence. Much deeper than you'd normally do, but our defense is slow on those crosses and Buffon rarely comes out to get the ball. The difficulty is the timing of the attacker as he must make sure not to be offside. Now timing on a cross is something Ronaldo is kind of decent at.

Collaguazo

Pezuña Brava
Mar 4, 2012
I get the feeling Atletico are going to wage war on Real tonight, resulting in either significant injuries or suspensions for Real. Casemiro and Marcelo out would be nice.
I want a full strength Madrid for the final. They can get overconfident.

With our luck, the replacement player plays the game of his life and screw us.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I want a full strength Madrid for the final. They can get overconfident.

With our luck, the replacement player plays the game of his life and screw us.

Meh, we're always going to win the final. Much in football has to do with momentum and self belief. I said it on this very forum two years ago, the lack of belief from the fans hurt the players. If the fans don't believe, they won't believe either. Today, the atmosphere is completely different. Everyone believes, no everyone knows we can take on Real. And it will show in the final.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)