Champions League 2016/2017 (17 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
We're going into this final as favorites. Pretty interesting situation to be in.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk
Nah, think most people have it at 50/50.

- - - Updated - - -

We've become the Napoli of Europe. A -nice guy- kind of loser that everybody wishes to win. I hope our path leads us to being hated all over europe as much as they hate real or as they hate us in italy
I don't think you have a accurate perception of Napoli.

Roma fits much better.

Buy on AliExpress.com

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
italian media are trying even harder to jinx us than seven. sconcerti went full retard yesterday and said ronaldo would be a bench player for this juve.

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
Jun 5, 2010
Really? I was trying to find out if they had back then; did a search and found a comment by a local in Turin who said there wouldn't be one.

Where was it set up? Where can I find out about this years plans?
I was at the square in 2015. You couldn't miss it when I was in torino. I can't find info since I dont understand Italian.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Wtf are you idiots talking about? No one mistakes us for anything. We're Juventus and we're going to win the CL.
Oh I wasn't necessarily agreeing with him here, just said that Napoli's reputation is not like he thinks it is :D

But he's got a point too, the main reason most non-Juve fans want us to win is that we haven't won it in a long time. Was the same with Bayern a few years back. Once a team starts to win regularly, they become much less likable for neutrals.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Oh I wasn't necessarily agreeing with him here, just said that Napoli's reputation is not like he thinks it is :D

But he's got a point too, the main reason most non-Juve fans want us to win is that we haven't won it in a long time. Was the same with Bayern a few years back. Once a team starts to win regularly, they become much less likable for neutrals.
Oh that. That I agree with. But we're not some likeable loser. It's not like we're Atletico and reached the final for the first time ever.

People like us because they are bored of Real. They like us because we bring something different. They don't like us because we're underdogs, because we're not. We're soon to be six times consecutive scudetto winners.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
@Bisco, I owed you a post of my simple thoughts about Real last night, I just remembered:

It will surely be even on footballing level (tho mainly not mentally...)The main thing that just gives them the edge for me is simply Cristiano. He litterally needs half a chance to bury in this form.

But I actually watched them almost as much as our games most of the time (my brother is a fan), and despite the hype and insane allure of Real, their actual performances have taken a hit, we really play better more fluid ootball then them right now despite the "italian, uugh boring" casual fan attitude.

They are extremely lethal/efficient offensively, but in general play they look less dynamic, extremely predictable and stale creative offensively then they used to earlier this season or past seasons, its all about nonstop crosses (and it mostly works to be frank, but its easier approach to stop for great defence), they have great CMs (best in the game) that are technically superior and smarter but dont seem to be using them much to open up games currently (and its not their fault, but lack of proper movement upfront stifles them to make splitting passes). Its all about the fullbacks making the final balls. Carvajal litterally more decisive creating weapon wide then any of the wingers/forwards, plus Marcelo is their creative hub, and as great as he is, a fullback shouldnt ideally be a creative hub for a well functioning team at this stage of the season. Its because Bale has been a dud besides the injury issues, and Ronaldo and Benzema dont move or work off the ball as dynamic as you hope them do, to open up space and become unpredictable with our without the ball, when they face a settled defence they become stuck in their approach (when they dont, watch out, litterally the best at counter attacking). So it all becomes about overlaps wide, highly efficient final balls from crosses and keeping possession til fullbacks overload on a side almost every single time (vs settled defence that is). I recommend any of you to watch their game vs Valencia, it was litterally a a practice to just crossing over and over and over.

Thats why someone like Isco is so fantastic influence for them in their current limitations, when he is on his game, he breaks the pattern and moves all over, something new from the inertia of predictably keeping possession til a crooss is necessary. On general play Benzema and Cristiano rarely do much anymore and I hope to God they start Bale...it will be so much more predictable then facing any of Isco, James or Asensio (James bit undynamic too, allways cuts in to shoot, pass back, while Asensio plays more of a fluid winger). Especially Isco who is for me one of the main reasons why Atletico midfield crumbled vs Real, and midfield crumbling being the reason they got slaughtered, giving space and counters to Cristiano (he basically plays as a CF more with Isco on the field then Bale, where he tends to be more wide with later for the sake of the shape). Isco wasnt the best performing midfielder, but his fluid movement and ability to go down centrally hold up play and become 4th CM litterally forced Atletico do tons of mistakes they didnt used to do in a month in previous seasons.

Zizou is more balanced and italian in his coaching then your average La Liga coach, good use of his depth too, but his real still cant manage to hold cleansheets most of the time. So there will be space to punish them for sure aslong as remain patient and dont stress ourselves.

But we need to work overtime to limit the tiniest of space for Ronaldo to punish. He is litterally the only reason I give them the tag of favourites, despite how great most of their other parts are.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
@Bisco, I owed you a post of my simple thoughts about Real last night, I just remembered:

It will surely be even on footballing level (tho mainly not mentally...)The main thing that just gives them the edge for me is simply Cristiano. He litterally needs half a chance to bury in this form.

But I actually watched them almost as much as our games most of the time (my brother is a fan), and despite the hype and insane allure of Real, their actual performances have taken a hit, we really play better more fluid ootball then them right now despite the "italian, uugh boring" casual fan attitude.

They look less dynamic, extremely predictable and stale creative offensively then they used to earlier this season or past seasons, its all about nonstop crosses (and it mostly works to be frank, but its easier approach to stop for great defence), they have great CMs (best in the game) that are technically superior and smarter but dont seem to be using them much to open up games currently. Its all about the fullbacks making the final balls. Carvajal litterally more decisive creating weapon wide then any of the wingers/forwards, plus Marcelo is their creative hub, and as great as he is, a fullback shouldnt ideally be a creative hub for a well functioning team at this stage of the season. Its because Bale has been a dud besides the injury issues, and Ronaldo and Benzema dont move or work off the ball as dynamic as you hope them do, to open up space and become unpredictable with our without the ball, when they face a settled defence they become stuck in their approach (when they dont, watch out, litterally the best at counter attacking). So it all becomes about overlaps wide, highly efficient final balls from crosses and keeping possession til fullbacks overload on a side almost every single time (vs settled defence that is). I recommend any of you to watch their game vs Valencia, it was litterally a a practice to just crossing over and over and over.

Thats why someone like Isco is so fantastic influence for them in their current limitations, when he is on his game, he breaks the pattern and moves all over, something new from the inertia of predictably keeping possession til a crooss is necessary. On general play Benzema and Cristiano rarely do much anymore and I hope to God they start Bale...it will be so much more predictable then facing any of Isco, James or Asensio (James bit undynamic too, allways cuts in to shoot, pass back, while Asensio plays more of a fluid winger). Especially Isco who is for me one of the main reasons why Atletico midfield crumbled vs Real, and midfield crumbling being the reason they got slaughtered, giving space and counters to Cristiano (he basically plays as a CF more with Isco on the field then Bale, where he tends to be more wide with later for the sake of the shape). Isco wasnt the best performing midfielder, but his fluid movement and ability to go down centrally hold up play and become 4th CM litterally forced Atletico do tons of mistakes they didnt used to do in a month in previous seasons.

Zizou is more balanced and italian in his coaching then your average La Liga coach, good use of his depth too, but his real still cant manage to hold cleansheets most of the time. So there will be space to punish them for sure aslong as remain patient and dont stress ourselves.

But we need to work overtime to limit the tiniest of space for Ronaldo to punish. He is litterally the only reason I give them the tag of favourites, despite how great most of their other parts are.
He can still get injured tonight. Few years ago it never happened, but he's had a couple of injuries since. You never know.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Wtf are you idiots talking about? No one mistakes us for anything. We're Juventus and we're going to win the CL.
That's the spirit. Last time around we all knew Barcelona was the better team and hoped that with some luck we could do it, we got close but not enough.

This time I truly believe WE'RE the better team with the right confidence to win this. I'm so sure that I did a couple of money bets with some friends and I can't wait to fill up my wallet.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
:agree: me too and id rather us not be the favourites anyway.
I know it's blasphemy and all, but part of me really thinks Messi and Ronaldo are the best ever. I don't like their personalities and both their own play and football as a whole has been more bland and boring in their heyday than it ever was before, but the fuckers are incredibly good.

That being said Ronaldo does not carry teams like he used to. He won't dribble past four of our players and shoot it in the top corner. These days he needs service. We can take that service away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)