Captain Keane leaves United (7 Viewers)

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
I wouldn't be pissed if he joins Juve but 34? ok, just for 6 months and then we can give him a scout or manager job. :D

I still remember when he was close to sign with us 4-5 years ago and ManU fans chanting "Keane off to Juve"...

Buy on AliExpress.com

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
a knee injury was the only serious thing he had now he is just a little unlucky a hamstring tear followed by a broken metatarasl in his foot.

i think he has another 18 months left in him, anyway the climate in italy would be good for his old bones just like maldini, eugenio corini, di canio, and others

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
Keane to Juve??? suuuure, hey while we are on it I just read that Pietro Vierchowod is out of work maybe we should take him out of his retirement :rolleyes:

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
stanley mattews played top flight till i think he was 47 and they didnt have the best of treatement back then.

seriously yes keane is 34 he is past his prime but he still offers great cover for emerson and vieira. he is free and if his wage demands are reasonable. i think its a win/win situation.

keane gets to join a great club with a hugely imprssive defensive ethos, something he loves and strived to implement at united for ages, he gets to gain valuable experience in another culture and help him take his first steps towards coaching.

for juve they have a great cm partnership in emo and vieira but with the club challenging for the scudetto and champions league and the failure of blasi and gianichedda to impress when filling the midfield void left in the absense of either of the two midfield generals, juve could do with having keane to call upon in the new year with the inevitable fixture pile up, and he is free, plus if he goes to say milan a midfield of kaka pirlo gattusso and keane is pritty damn good.

please don fabio and moggi dont bother waiting for c zannetti keane is a far better option

he is def worth the risk and gamble

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Juve not Keane

Juventus have distanced themselves from this morning's frantic tabloid speculation linking them with a move for former Manchester United captain Roy Keane.

The 34-year-old midfielder left Old Trafford by mutual consent last week and is free to sign for any club - with Juventus one of the first, and biggest, clubs said to be interested. But Juventus general director Luciano Moggi said: "The Juventus team is already strong as it is."

Manchester United made the surprise announcement on Friday that Keane was leaving after more than 12 hugely successful seasons at the club.

Juventus are one of the few clubs that could match the wages Keane was on at Old Trafford, but would find it difficult to give him time on the pitch.

The defending Serie A champions bolstered their squad in the summer with the signing of Patrick Vieira, Keane's bitter Arsenal rival in the Premiership. Brazilian Emerson is also one of the midfield lynchpins in their squad.

Another Serie A side, Roma, have distanced themselves from Keane in even more categorical terms than Juve. "We have never been in contact with Roy Keane or his agent because he is a player that doesn't interest us, not now or in the future," said Roma sporting director Daniele Prade.

And Birmingham manager Steve Bruce has taken his club off the list of Premiership outfits interested in securing Keane's services.

The Irishman has been Manchester City, Everton, Aston Villa, West Brom and Portsmouth - and Bruce is confident he could do a job for any of them - but Birmingham will not be making room for him in their midfield.

"I think he has still got something left as a player. I know him well. I wouldn't be surprised if something is already sorted. Will we be trying to sign him? No, I think we can rule that one out, that's for sure," Bruce said.

"Like everything, all good things do come to an end and I was as shocked as everyone else by the timing of Roy's departure. Roy Keane will go down as part of Man United's history, one of the great players. They have been associated with great players and I don't think many have served as well as Roy over 12 years."

Staff and agencies
football.guardian.co.uk

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Martin said:
Isn't getting Keane to replace Vieira and Emerson a bit like getting Casillas to replace Buffon?
Not really...it's more like having Veron and buying Pizarro during the summer a la Inter. Keane would certainly receive some playing time with this squad and who knows what sort of injury problems we will face in the future. Again, this would be a no-brainer if he wasn't cup tied IMO.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
another article on the NO from Juve and Roma

Italian duo not Keane on Roy
Monday 21 November, 2005
Juventus and Roma have dismissed suggestions that they are trying to sign former Manchester United star Roy Keane.

Both were linked with the 34-year-old this morning after he sensationally quit Old Trafford on Friday.

However, the Bianconeri and Giallorossi have this afternoon rubbished the transfer speculation.

"Juventus are very strong right now and we do not need any more players," a club spokesman told BBC Sport.

Roma, despite their difficulties this term and after their 4-1 reverse to Juve, mirrored that statement.

"We've never been in contact with Keane nor his agent," said a Roma official. "That is because he is a player that doesn't interest us, not now or in the future."

The latest whispers suggest that West Brom, bossed by former United colleague Bryan Robson, are in pole position for the midfielder.

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
Category: <b>Transfer</b><br><br>Italian League leaders Juventus are interested in netting Roy Keane, according to reports on Monday.

The former Manchester United captain left Old Trafford last week and a number of clubs have been associated despite his advancing years.

The ex-Republic of Ireland ace is now 34, but the Stadio Delle Alpi outfit are allegedly keen on grabbing the experienced midfielder.

Juventus are seemingly attracted by the idea that Keane is available on a free transfer, even if he wouldn’t be eligible for the Champions League.

The Bianconeri already have one of the best central midfield partnerships in world football, with Emerson being flanked by ex-Arsenal man Patrick Vieira - who had his fair share of run-ins with Keane in the Premiership.

However, there are concerns that Manuele Blasi and Giuliano Giannichedda don’t offer the back-up support which boss Fabio Capello is looking for.

Nevertheless, there are doubts regarding the validity of the story, especially for readers of The Independent.

They claim that Keane's lawyer Michael Kennedy approached the Turin giants about a move, but the Old Lady showed no interest.

That same publication suggests that Roma, and not Juventus, are the only Serie A force who are pondering a swoop.

A host of Premiership clubs, plus Scottish giants Celtic, have also been paired with the former Nottingham Forest maestro.<br><br>Source: Football Italia

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)