Antonio Conte (61 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
Instead of shutting up and being grateful to the club for giving him the chance to manage Juventus, he moaned about x/y/z. Allegri proved with the same set of players that a CL final could be achieved. What does that say about his tactical nous?

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
But the truth of the matter is Conte is right. If the management can't even provide him with the needs to go forward then what's the fucking point? It was clear then if not this summer that the board and manager are clearly way out of sync. Allegri is just a nodding dog who will put up with almost anything which is probably a big reason why we hired him. The likes of Mourinho and other top managers would have probably done and said the same about Juve if they were in Conte's shoes.

Allegri last season was still living off the success of the Conte era. Now with this major overhaul will be his true test of how good he really is.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
But the truth of the matter is Conte is right. If the management can't even provide him with the needs to go forward then what's the fucking point? It was clear then if not this summer that the board and manager are clearly way out of sync. Allegri is just a nodding dog who will put up with almost anything which is probably a big reason why we hired him. The likes of Mourinho and other top managers would have probably done and said the same about Juve if they were in Conte's shoes.

Allegri last season was still living off the success of the Conte era. Now with this major overhaul will be his true test of how good he really is.
Mourinho definitely would because he doesn't last three seasons anywhere.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
and so did celtic, to suggest max is a better coach than conte is beyond ridiculous
Well tactically Max reads the game better from what I've seen. Conte on the other hand makes his players give 150% and not great tactically. Europa League and CL showed this pretty much if you ask me.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Well tactically Max reads the game better from what I've seen. Conte on the other hand makes his players give 150% and not great tactically. Europa League and CL showed this pretty much if you ask me.

not to repeat the same ad naseam routine, conte had ONE bad year in europe. And FYI last year, that was still conte's team. At the end of the day nobody cares if you are tactically better, zeman is a tactical genius, how did that work for him?

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
not to repeat the same ad naseam routine, conte had ONE bad year in europe. And FYI last year, that was still conte's team. At the end of the day nobody cares if you are tactically better, zeman is a tactical genius, how did that work for him?
One year was enough if you ask me with the types(caliber) teams he has faced apart from Bayern's elimination which was understandable but also giving up before kick-off.

I don't know what makes Zeman tactically good, I've seen him with couple of teams, beyond garbage, never watched his Serie b matches but Allegri with decent squad can trouble some big teams in Europe and that's because he tactically wins over some of his opponents whom are individually better (as players).

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
One year was enough if you ask me with the types(caliber) teams he has faced apart from Bayern's elimination which was understandable but also giving up before kick-off.

I don't know what makes Zeman tactically good, I've seen him with couple of teams, beyond garbage, never watched his Serie b matches but Allegri with decent squad can trouble some big teams in Europe and that's because he tactically wins over some of his opponents whom are individually better (as players).
you mentioned 2 years there

as for the barca stuff i already answered it with the cetlic + di matteo examples

give juve to allegri in 2011 and lets see if we get where we are now

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
That's true. Conte was perfect for us at that time. However against Bayern we should've put in a better performance over the two legs and when we went out in the group stage, that was all on Conte.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
you mentioned 2 years there

as for the barca stuff i already answered it with the cetlic + di matteo examples

give juve to allegri in 2011 and lets see if we get where we are now
I was referring to the elimination in the group-stages(CL) and failing in Europa league.

Forget Barcelona, Allegri hasn't only done it with Barcelona, he had useless squad at Milan but still managed pretty well overall and with Juve last year.

I don't know if Allegri would have done what Conte did in 2011, but I know Conte wasn't the right head for European matches.

I somehow also think Allegri will do pretty good in CL this season too.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I was referring to the elimination in the group-stages(CL) and failing in Europa league.

Forget Barcelona, Allegri hasn't only done it with Barcelona, he had useless squad at Milan but still managed pretty well overall and with Juve last year.

I don't know if Allegri would have done what Conte did in 2011, but I know Conte wasn't the right head for European matches.

I somehow also think Allegri will do pretty good in CL this season too.
speculative and premature, conte was hardheaded no doubt, but he was also convinced in his ways and demanded players he wanted to implement systems he wants, kinda like allegri this past summer except with less balls.

- - - Updated - - -

That's true. Conte was perfect for us at that time. However against Bayern we should've put in a better performance over the two legs and when we went out in the group stage, that was all on Conte.
we should have done even better against barca, is that also on allegri?

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
To be honest X.

We did do very well against Barca, had the ref had balls, we would've had a penalty at 1-1, and more than likely lead the game. 30 seconds later Barca go up the pitch and score, it's the one bitter moment I have about the match.

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
Conte is a better motivator, Max is a better tactician. Max proved he can do more with less, Conte couldn't.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Allegri is a better coach than Conte. It's not even a question. Being a good motivator doesn't make you a great coach. Maybe for Lazio or Fiorentina.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 55)