Antonio Conte (142 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Someone

Sep 4, 2015
Conte is a better motivator, Max is a better tactician. Max proved he can do more with less, Conte couldn't.
Allegri is a better coach than Conte. It's not even a question. Being a good motivator doesn't make you a great coach. Maybe for Lazio or Fiorentina.

conte is the first and only to win a domestic league title against a team with zlatan, while allegri is the first and only coach to lose a domestic league title with zlatan on his side. it is funny, but id say you have to be pretty talented to lose the league with zlatan on your side, especially when most title challengers are pretty weak.

conte actually proved much more, picking up a weak side, both mentally and quality wise, and winning 3 consecutive domestic league titles with it. making every team in italy afraid of juve again. i doubt there are many coaches that can do what he did.

allegri had lots of retarded tactical decisions, like the one against udinese - pereyra out llorente in, killed any chance to do anything in that game by playing with 2 target man, 0 playmakers, 2 wingers that are actually full backs, i mean who did he expect to deliever to the 2 target man? it seemed like he expected the CB's to do the job. all of that while you are losing 1-0..
not being able to move out of our own box against roma for most parts of the game, there are no excuses for that.
wow, what a TACTICAL BRAIN! where can i learn such tactical insights?

i can give more examples that will show that allegri is just an average coach(tactical wise), he mostly enjoyed a season that tevez outplayed anyone, while having the best defense and midfield in the world that conte created.

allegri's juventus played pretty similiar to conte's, i could see same defects, defense and midfield was good, but there was lack of creativity\speed in attack, same things that made juventus fail in europe, conte knew what the team needs and marrota\agnelli refused to listen to him.

allegri did nothing special, he followed conte path by struggling in CL group stage. he could easily be out of CL in group stages, struggling against MALMO and OLYMPIACOS.

considering both are pretty average tactical wise, but conte is an amazing motivator(people tend to underestimate it, but sometimes thats all a team needs) and knows what kind of players juve needed to improve and reach one step higher. id pick conte over allegri without a doubt.

Oct 23, 2011
I think everybody agrees that Conte was the most suitable man for the job back in 2011, he did an amazing job, especially in the first two years but the team stopped developing in the third year. The disastrous year in Europe proved that i believe. Picking up one scrappy win in a group where we should have qualified with both hands tied behind our backs. Then our elimination in the EL, we didn't create a single opportunity against an average side who played with 10 men for over 30 minutes. Tactically, average sides outperformed us incredibly in Europe that year, while he kept moaning in the media about a lack of funds. You can call Allegri everything, but he knows how to organize a side. Yes, we struggled (again) in the groupstages last year, but until we reached the final our knock-out performances were absolutely great. Conceding one goal against Dortmund (thanks to Chiellini), and just two against Real Madrid (one of them was a non-existing penalty). Not many teams leave those two stadiums unscathed. Conte moaned, but Allegri practically took that same team with an out-of-form Vidal, injured Barzagli and Pirlo who unfortunately wasn't performing as he used to do, and took it to the final. No, i think Allegri is far more tactical and it is not even close. Don't get me wrong, i'd fancy a second spell of Conte at Juventus at some point in his career, but for that to happen i'd want him to develop himself on several aspects.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Tough call as to who is better. We only saw Conte in the CL twice. He did very well in the first time and then not so well in the second. A third season would have been very telling about whether his 2012 or his 2013 is more representative of his ability in Europe. Allegri has far more experience in Europe and from what we can tell he has been consistently good in Europe. I expect him to qualify us again.

In Serie A Conte has the better record. In his first season the odds were clearly in favor of Allegri's Milan and Conte pulled off a miracle. The manager with the much lesser squad defeated the one with the better squad. I also prefer Conte's Juve when it played big teams in Serie A.

Allegri has 2011 and his last stunt with Milan as bad on his resume. I really admire his 2nd place finish with Sharaawy and Balotelli being the only good players left in the squad.

I prefer Conte because I dont think 2013 CL exit was normal in any sense. There were too many unusual events and it all hinged on one goal in the end.

Whichever coach is better it is definitely a very close call. I'll take Simeone over the two.

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
did you forget where we came from? the invincible season? the serie a point record? like i said before, hes not even close
It's not about the league anymore, we have way surpassed that now. Allegri and future managers are now judged on what they do in Europe. the league is small potatoes.

Conte's greatest failure is the second leg SF against Benfica, at home and played like garbage with the final in our backyard. Rubbish.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
It's not about the league anymore, we have way surpassed that now. Allegri and future managers are now judged on what they do in Europe. the league is small potatoes.

Conte's greatest failure is the second leg SF against Benfica, at home and played like garbage with the final in our backyard. Rubbish.

the reason why we are even saying it's not about the league is hugely due to conte, and i could care less about some 2 bit competition being played at our stadium

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
the reason why we are even saying it's not about the league is hugely due to conte, and i could care less about some 2 bit competition being played at our stadium
You might not care about it, but it clearly showed his weakness as a coach, he had no idea how to change the outcome of the match.

Conte got us to the dance, now Max has taken us to a higher level.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
did you forget where we came from? the invincible season? the serie a point record? like i said before, hes not even close
Of course I can't forget that, but another lets say Champions league final and Coppa/Serie A would put him on top.

Juve needed someone like Conte for 2011, he was the ideal man in the perfect situation, he won in Italy by margin, Allegri can win in Italy too not by margin and is also the push that Juve needs in Europe and that IMO is close to what Lippi was. (As in theory)

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Of course I can't forget that, but another lets say Champions league final and Coppa/Serie A would put him on top.

Juve needed someone like Conte for 2011, he was the ideal man in the perfect situation, he won in Italy by margin, Allegri can win in Italy too not by margin and is also the push that Juve needs in Europe and that IMO is close to what Lippi was. (As in theory)
we are going to have to agree to disagree, lippi was given a beast of a team, and was never able to duplicate his success after that in europe even with the likes of zidane.

- - - Updated - - -

conte is the first and only to win a domestic league title against a team with zlatan, while allegri is the first and only coach to lose a domestic league title with zlatan on his side. it is funny, but id say you have to be pretty talented to lose the league with zlatan on your side, especially when most title challengers are pretty weak.

conte actually proved much more, picking up a weak side, both mentally and quality wise, and winning 3 consecutive domestic league titles with it. making every team in italy afraid of juve again. i doubt there are many coaches that can do what he did.

allegri had lots of retarded tactical decisions, like the one against udinese - pereyra out llorente in, killed any chance to do anything in that game by playing with 2 target man, 0 playmakers, 2 wingers that are actually full backs, i mean who did he expect to deliever to the 2 target man? it seemed like he expected the CB's to do the job. all of that while you are losing 1-0..
not being able to move out of our own box against roma for most parts of the game, there are no excuses for that.
wow, what a TACTICAL BRAIN! where can i learn such tactical insights?

i can give more examples that will show that allegri is just an average coach(tactical wise), he mostly enjoyed a season that tevez outplayed anyone, while having the best defense and midfield in the world that conte created.

allegri's juventus played pretty similiar to conte's, i could see same defects, defense and midfield was good, but there was lack of creativity\speed in attack, same things that made juventus fail in europe, conte knew what the team needs and marrota\agnelli refused to listen to him.

allegri did nothing special, he followed conte path by struggling in CL group stage. he could easily be out of CL in group stages, struggling against MALMO and OLYMPIACOS.

considering both are pretty average tactical wise, but conte is an amazing motivator(people tend to underestimate it, but sometimes thats all a team needs) and knows what kind of players juve needed to improve and reach one step higher. id pick conte over allegri without a doubt.
:tup:

welcome aboard

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Conte is a better motivator, Max is a better tactician. Max proved he can do more with less, Conte couldn't.
u wot? he won the league first time of asking with a squad that is fair to say was not expected to win the league title, never mind going undefeated too that season. Allegri couldn't even win it with Zlatan, Nocerino on drugs and all the penalties they were receiving.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
Allegri a better coach than Conte :lol:

Selective memory. I guess people are forgetting everything from 2011 to 2014. Conte kicked his ass time after time. Even ended his Milan dominance where Allegri had the better team and clear Scudetto favorites.

Allegri almost got eliminated from CL just like Conte, the only difference was a snow storm. Allegri got Dortmund and Monaco in the first two rounds of CL while Conte got Celtic (yeah pushovers), but then Bayern Munich who destroyed Barcelona and had kicked Real's ass the previous season. It's mind boggling how ungrateful people are. With Marotta and Agnelli we finished 7th in the first season, Conte came and changed everything.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

Selective memory. I guess people are forgetting everything from 2011 to 2014. Conte kicked his ass time after time. Even ended his Milan dominance where Allegri had the better team and clear Scudetto favorites.

Allegri almost got eliminated from CL just like Conte, the only difference was a snow storm. Allegri got Dortmund and Monaco in the first two rounds of CL while Conte got Celtic (yeah pushovers), but then Bayern Munich who destroyed Barcelona and had kicked Real's ass the previous season. It's mind boggling how ungrateful people are. With Marotta and Agnelli we finished 7th in the first season, Conte came and changed everything.
this.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006

this, This and THIS!

- - - Updated - - -

Imagine if allegri fails to win the league this season, I wonder then what opinions are of allegri comparative to Conte's achievements then

- - - Updated - - -

As for Allegri being a better coach and reading the situation better... I doubt Conte would have replaced a decent Lichtsteiner for isla when you are at home chasing the game against udinese...

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
this, This and THIS!

- - - Updated - - -

Imagine if allegri fails to win the league this season, I wonder then what opinions are of allegri comparative to Conte's achievements then

- - - Updated - - -

As for Allegri being a better coach and reading the situation better... I doubt Conte would have replaced a decent Lichtsteiner for isla when you are at home chasing the game against udinese...
they will say end of a cycle

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 136)