Would You Be Happy If Our League Rivals Sold Their Best Players To Foreign Leagues? (3 Viewers)

Would You Be Happy If Our League Rivals Sold Their Best Players To Foreign Leagues?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
No, I don't know it and neither do you.

The trend shows us that Italian football is on the decline, not rise.
And it won't be the first time. Ever since I started watching football in the early 90's the big three (Serie A, La Liga, EPL) have been taking turns being on top. Big names have come and gone, it's just how it is.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
That's my point, it's always been Italy, Spain, and England, Top 3.
I just don't see anyone even coming close in our life time :D
So yeah, I want our rivals (Inter and Milan only, really) to weaken as much as possible. Sure, it'd be easier to win Scudetto, but it would also let us concentrate in CL.

OP
HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
  • Thread Starter #66
    It's not always been Italy,Spain and England.Secondly,the Bundesliga could overtake Serie A.I dont get how you arent seeing the signs.

Having a weaker league does effect your own team's ability to attract big names.Turning into a team like Lyon would be cool,but we would blow when it come to Europe simply because the competition we had domestically wasnt good enouigh.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
    It's not always been Italy,Spain and England.Secondly,the Bundesliga could overtake Serie A.I dont get how you arent seeing the signs.

Having a weaker league does effect your own team's ability to attract big names.Turning into a team like Lyon would be cool,but we would blow when it come to Europe simply because the competition we had domestically wasnt good enouigh.
    Bundesliga has never been able to hold a candle to Serie A, I have no idea what you're talking about and I really don't understand why you're worried about the status of the league if these players leave. It's not like people were joining Serie A because of Zlatan and Kaka.

Napoli hasn't won a scudetto in almost 20 years but they still have history and players join that team because of that. Kaka and Zlatan will leave and new players will join, some of these will become big names and will be sought after by other European clubs.

I don't want a weaker Serie A, I'm just not flipping out over these two players leaving.

OP
    HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
  • Thread Starter #69
    It's not down to these 2 players.I just used them as an example.But claiming that we will always be better then the Bundesliga is going slightly offboard,especially when you keep Italy's league decline in mind.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
    Bundesliga has never been able to hold a candle to Serie A, I have no idea what you're talking about and I really don't understand why you're worried about the status of the league if these players leave. It's not like people were joining Serie A because of Zlatan and Kaka.

Napoli hasn't won a scudetto in almost 20 years but they still have history and players join that team because of that. Kaka and Zlatan will leave and new players will join, some of these will become big names and will be sought after by other European clubs.

I don't want a weaker Serie A, I'm just not flipping out over these two players leaving.
    Exactly. It's two players, and I'm sure there's two, if not more, coming to Serie A to replace them. Don't get your knickers in a knot.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
    New stadiums, an independent Serie A, the potential 6+5 rule, I think I read something about a UEFA idea of capping team debt... :) Not really sure about that one...

The first two are certain - and big time positives for our team from a revenue standpoint, while the second two are still possible. I feel this league has some better days ahead, in the not too distant future... I really feel like those days will be our days...

:bigscarf:

Vini.Alarm

Apr 15, 2009
    This is because of their good Uefa Cup perfomances in the last year. Its quite stupid that they get the same amount of points there. Im pretty sure that Italy will remain in the top three if nothing special happens in germany.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    Bundesliga has never been able to hold a candle to Serie A, I have no idea what you're talking about
    He's right though, Ze. For the first time in at least a decade Germany has almost the same coefficient with Italy. If next year the German teams win more points than the Italian teams (as it happened this year and in 2007/08) then Germany will be third, Italy will be 4th and in season 2011/2012 Germany will give 4 teams in CL while Italy will have 3.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
    Milan are selling Kaka and it is reported that they are going to bring Fabregas and Adebayor instead
    I think Milan are doing good by bringing Fabregas instead as Kaka is not the same he was IMO and Fabregas could be better for Milan
    Adebayour is a great striker and it could make Milan win the scudetto (ofcourse they need some defence too...)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    Milan are selling Kaka and it is reported that they are going to bring Fabregas and Adebayor instead
    I think Milan are doing good by bringing Fabregas instead as Kaka is not the same he was IMO and Fabregas could be better for Milan
    Adebayour is a great striker and it could make Milan win the scudetto (ofcourse they need some defence too...)
    Aha, sure. Arsenal can't wait for Milan to ask for Fabregas and Adebayor in order to sell the two best players to them.
    Especially now that they have tough CL qualifications, i am sure Arsenal are looking forward to losing Fabregas and Adebayor.

OP
    HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
  • Thread Starter #79
    At the same time they would be definatley impossible.I think Cesc will stay on for a season or two.Adebayor could leave in the summer,probably to Milan.

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
    Formulated differently, but it is the same question really. Do you want our rivals to be worth beating or do you want them to suck just so we can defeat them trivially?
    personally i took a lot of satisfaction out of beating Inter when they were throwing money about like a sheik in manchester, however, i would take a lot more satisfaction out of beating THIS Inter,the stronger,more organized team who are no longer a joke. for me,winning is all the sweeter when your opponents are at their strongest.

serie a is looked down on in Britain by snobs who know very little about football,an exodus of top stars would almost certainly cement the viewpoint here that serie a is a league in decline.of course it is always possible that we could sell Buffon, Inter sell Zlatan and Milan sell Kaka and we all use the vast amounts of money to strengthen our teams considerably and end up better outfits with it,but....we are already financially handicapped an Inter or Milan with money would almost certainly price us out of identified transfer targets

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)