Would You Be Happy If Our League Rivals Sold Their Best Players To Foreign Leagues? (7 Viewers)

Would You Be Happy If Our League Rivals Sold Their Best Players To Foreign Leagues?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
but when we lose 1 club the qualifying teams will start qualifying stages earlier and earlier........

Mar 10, 2009
to go back to greatness , italian football needs to evolve just like the epl + la liga

1) teams need to own stadiums - a lot of teams make money from this. No more government owned stadiums please

2) kick racism and hooliganism out !
makes it environmental friendly for fans to join

The budisleage may catch up soon ! Especially that they keep doing well in the uefa cups, and that also counts as coefficient. Whens the last time there was an italian team in the uefa cup I ask ?

As much as we hate them, we need the likes of inter and ac to do good or we'll be over taken. Teams such as fiorentina are not good reps

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
to go back to greatness , italian football needs to evolve just like the epl + la liga

1) teams need to own stadiums - a lot of teams make money from this. No more government owned stadiums please

The budisleage may catch up soon ! Especially that they keep doing well in the uefa cups, and that also counts as coefficient. Whens the last time there was an italian team in the uefa cup I ask ?

As much as we hate them, we need the likes of inter and ac to do good or we'll be over taken. Teams such as fiorentina are not good reps
Having a major football tournament played in italia (aka euro 2012) played in Italy would have helped, just like 06 helped german football a lot imo. Football stadiums where getting shined up and its def had an affect.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
personally i took a lot of satisfaction out of beating Inter when they were throwing money about like a sheik in manchester, however, i would take a lot more satisfaction out of beating THIS Inter,the stronger,more organized team who are no longer a joke. for me,winning is all the sweeter when your opponents are at their strongest.

serie a is looked down on in Britain by snobs who know very little about football,an exodus of top stars would almost certainly cement the viewpoint here that serie a is a league in decline.of course it is always possible that we could sell Buffon, Inter sell Zlatan and Milan sell Kaka and we all use the vast amounts of money to strengthen our teams considerably and end up better outfits with it,but....we are already financially handicapped an Inter or Milan with money would almost certainly price us out of identified transfer targets
Thats exactly what i was thinking. good post man.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Having a major football tournament played in italia (aka euro 2012) played in Italy would have helped, just like 06 helped german football a lot imo. Football stadiums where getting shined up and its def had an affect.
:agree: hosting a major tournament would really help Calcio a lot. Unfortunatly i dont think Italy will have much of a chance at getting one due to the crowd trouble and racisim that is ever pesent there.

daquanqm

Apr 3, 2009

I agree with that but you have to wonder if it isn't too late already. Look at the current rankings:

1. England 79.499
2. Spain 74.266

3. Italy 62.910
4. Germany 56.695
5. France 50.168
6. Russia 47.625

7. Ukraine 41.850
8. Netherlands 39.130
9. Romania 38.908
10. Portugal 36.462

I've deliberately inserted two open lines to illustrate the huge difference in points. England and Spain are incredibly close to each other, but the difference between Italy and Spain is a staggering 12 points! Germany is only 6 points behind Italy and Russia has been rising for years, soon to overtake the French.

It's getting very edgy indeed. The 1990s reign of Italian clubs in Europe might never be repeated.

Who gives a fuck if Italy will have 3 or 4 teams in Champions League? It only matters that we always end in top 2 or 3 and qualify.
Don't work like that. Why do clubs from Portugal and Holland fall short in the Champions League? Because their clubs aren't used to playing at a level of high quality every single week. The weakness of their home leagues is costing them money, players and quality. Causing them to fail in Europe.

Mar 10, 2009
I agree with that but you have to wonder if it isn't too late already. Look at the current rankings:

1. England 79.499
2. Spain 74.266

3. Italy 62.910
4. Germany 56.695
5. France 50.168
6. Russia 47.625

7. Ukraine 41.850
8. Netherlands 39.130
9. Romania 38.908
10. Portugal 36.462

I've deliberately inserted two open lines to illustrate the huge difference in points. England and Spain are incredibly close to each other, but the difference between Italy and Spain is a staggering 12 points! Germany is only 6 points behind Italy and Russia has been rising for years, soon to overtake the French.

It's getting very edgy indeed. The 1990s reign of Italian clubs in Europe might never be repeated.
well its really a matter of who does better over 5 years. Uefa don't go beyond that.
But your right once we lose to the germans there will be no coming back. Players wouldnt want to go to serie A, because for most of the stars, champions league football is most important.
Juventus may lose all their players if we have one bad season. Then another teams loses all theres when they have one bad season and they lose all their stars etc

This year could be crucial for our own survival as a big league. So everyone needs to back the italian teams in europe.

roma have a chance in the uefa cup, thats our best bet , because no italian team has a sniff of winning the champions league next year.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Don't work like that. Why do clubs from Portugal and Holland fall short in the Champions League?
Like Porto? :shifty:

Anyways...

Nah, the one thing that would make me happy is if our league rivals sold their best players into foreign slavery. Yes, that's right, get those chumps in shackles and make them build that Three Gorges Damn.

Mar 10, 2009
Like Porto? :shifty:

Anyways...

Nah, the one thing that would make me happy is if our league rivals sold their best players into foreign slavery. Yes, that's right, get those chumps in shackles and make them build that Three Gorges Damn.

porto who won it 6 years ago ?

for the past years its been english teams + ac milan or barcelona

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
porto who won it 6 years ago ?

for the past years its been english teams + ac milan or barcelona
But you make it sound as if Holland or Portugal made the deliberate decision to underfund their club team leagues, recruiting lesser talent than the other national leagues, for the purpose of being less competitive, less profitable, win less European titles, etc.

That's pretty much a crock of horse manure, IMO.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006

are you telling me that the SPL and bundesliga don't have any racism or hooligan issues???????

Mar 10, 2009
But you make it sound as if Holland or Portugal made the deliberate decision to underfund their club team leagues, recruiting lesser talent than the other national leagues, for the purpose of being less competitive, less profitable, win less European titles, etc.

That's pretty much a crock of horse manure, IMO.

nope

Im saying that the italian fa needs to wake up ! before its too late ! Jose was right when he came and said his so called "controversial speech" which degraded serie A.

A step forward we took is this new league we've created starting the season after next.

are you telling me that the SPL and bundesliga don't have any racism or hooligan issues???????

no where near as much as we do in serie A

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
nope

Im saying that the italian fa needs to wake up ! before its too late ! Jose was right when he came and said his so called "controversial speech" which degraded serie A.

A step forward we took is this new league we've created starting the season after next.

no where near as much as we do in serie A
Serie A downgraded itself with calciopoli. That's going to be the folly of Moratti when this all shakes out over the years. He poisoned the well.

And to that particular point, I agree with you about the effect of killing off your internal competitiveness. It gives you hollow titles and European also-ran status, which is where Inter still currently sits.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)