Wishlist and General Juve mercato talk (2012-13) (30 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
What do you mean "going to be"? :D

No, the bottom line is that adding 5-8 million € to your budget is not going to cut, if you take salaries into account. You'd be talking about a number closer to 50 million.

Which, I'm quite certain we CAN spend. But we just won't. And for good reason.

Look at how the entire club is set up in terms of wages etc. Look at Buffon's contract, Ale's last season, players signed these past 2 years compared to players signed the years before, and so on and so forth.

Does anyone honestly think we're going to risk our entire concept for one player? Hell, does anyone even think that could be a good idea? (Don't answer this, I know there's a shitload of people who think it's the best idea ever.)
My point exactly :agree:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Get a feeling Cardozo is a smokescreen for Llorente..What do you guys think ?

Just like Alejandro Dominguez was a smokescreen for Matri in Jan window of 2011.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I'm not going to expect anything. If a striker arrives, then so be it. If not, then fuck it. I can't do anything about it, except be disappointed and pissed off.

Jovetic remains a dream, and Llorente a possibility. Hopefully we get someone, but not just a panic buy. I'd rather maintain the status quo instead of buying a Borriello, Osvaldo, or Gilardino :scared:

Dadi-SK

Jan 30, 2011
I'm not going to expect anything. If a striker arrives, then so be it. If not, then $#@! it. I can't do anything about it, except be disappointed and pissed off.

Jovetic remains a dream, and Llorente a possibility. Hopefully we get someone, but not just a panic buy. I'd rather maintain the status quo instead of buying a Borriello, Osvaldo, or Gilardino :scared:
:agree:

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Jovetic and Cavani wouldn't command such high wages. I agree that wages might have priced us out of a move for RVP (and rightly so), but I still believe that we could've nabbed Cavani/Jovetic for a reasonable fee (slightly overpaid perhaps), and offered them wages in line with the club's wage structure and policy.
I don't know. Would depend on many things, for example other potentially interested parties.

Also, overpaying is by definition a bad thing to do ;) (Not only directed at you, I see tons of people claiming we should just overpay.)

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I agree, but sometimes you have to overpay (5 million or so), otherwise you risk losing a potential goldmine. I am also looking at the potential of a player attracting new fans, shirt sales, marketing and endorsement opportunities (hence % of earnings from image rights for the club), etc...

As for Jovetic and Cavani, the figures floating around would seem to suggest that their wage demands are well within our capabilities :)

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Overpaying means paying more than the player is worth to you, does it not? Under no circumstance whatsoever is that a good thing.

The difficulty lies in establishing what a certain player is worth to you. Where a whole number of variables come into play.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Gazzetta:Lazio target Pazienza..Could possibly exchange Pazienza with Diakite who decided not to renew with Lazio..

Oh pls make this happen !

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
Its the same as these several past years..... I would like to be proven wrong and i would like for the Juve managemant to bring a WC striker but i think that at the end we will end up with some mediocare italian or at best.... Cardozo :shifty:

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
It's tough market today when players like Oscar are valued 30M. Prices are inflated and with our budget I can't see us spending more than 20M and if that. Cavani, Dzeko and Jovetic cost way to much for us, maybe Llorente is in our reach 15-20M but Athletic seems reluctant to sell.
There is rumour that we have an agreement with Fiorentina to sell us Jovetic next season.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Overpaying means paying more than the player is worth to you, does it not? Under no circumstance whatsoever is that a good thing.

The difficulty lies in establishing what a certain player is worth to you. Where a whole number of variables come into play.
You are being too logical and rational about this. The market doesn't always lend itself to logic and rational thinking :D

I never said overpaying was good, only deemed it a necessity at times ;)

---------- Post added 28.08.2012 at 15:57 ----------

I'm more excited about our prospects in the CL and the CL draw at this point in time :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)