Wishlist and General Juve mercato talk (2012-13) (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Ooh, a Bendtner rumour. We are really are closing in on the end of Silly Season.

It'll be some stressful days for some in here [and in many other football forums].

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
He can't know it, but looking at how things have been going, it's not an unreasonable conclusion to arrive at.
I don't think so at all, Marotta, AA enjoyed naming WC strikers as players we are looking to sign. I assume they would know that these players cost more than 20 mil, also when you see us spending 18 mil on the like of Matri, 15 mil on Quag. I'd assume that thye would figure that our most glaring hole needds more 20 mil to adress.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I think Juve have got less to spend than they expected.

No serious interest for Matri or Quagliarella and not managing to sell Melo must have taken a chunk out of the planned budget.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
I think Juve have got less to spend than they expected.

No serious interest for Matri or Quagliarella and not managing to sell Melo must have taken a chunk out of the planned budget.
So why commit 18 mil for Isla, 7,5 mil for Giacch, and 4,5 for Boayke, 4 for Leali, 5 IIRC for Bonatini....Only Asamoah's purchase was a necessity but it wasn't as important as The CF position.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Most of those deals were done before failing to sell Melo and when they would still have hoped for some interest in Quagliarella.

And they haven't managed to sell Ziegler, either.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Most of those deals were done before failing to sell Melo and when they would still have hoped for some interest in Quagliarella.

And they haven't managed to sell Ziegler, either.
Yeah, that's why Marotta should've made the striker signing a priority and those other deals should've waited IMHO.

Signing the striker was the priority and it looks like Marotta will fail this summer too.

---------- Post added 28.08.2012 at 01:10 ----------

We didn't pay anything for Boakye. It was just a swap with Immobile's 50%.
Ok, I could only mention Giacc and Isla for whom we commited 25,5 mil between them too, i guess that's more than enough to sign a good striker and cover a % of his salary too.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Its seems like you forgot that small detail that back in july, everyone was waiting for the strikermarket to open, and that we had no money to do it ourselves

You think they'd sell cavani just cause you show up with some cash ? no, they'll drag it a month to see if city comes by

same for everything. we needed to wait for a team to move, so we could pounce on the striker they'd have to sell

Marotta fails this summer to ? how exactly ?

first year the board demanded him to rejuvinate the team and cut salary bills. he succeeded and we were shot in the ass with the sudden 1non eu rule, and di natale refusing our offer.
massive underperforming from iaquinta and amauri, big ass injury for quag, alex getting old. we were strikerless, yes we needed matri and they kinda ripped us a new one for him.
also, we signed barzagli, who was amazing last year

second year ? he continue'd to build, and the end was the undefeated champions of italy, with a core that got to the finals of the european championship

third year ? asamoah current best player, giovinco doing decent, isla gonna prove himself soon enough

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Yeah, that's why Marotta should've made the striker signing a priority and those other deals should've waited IMHO.

Signing the striker was the priority and it looks like Marotta will fail this summer too.
So he should have done nothing until he'd signed a CF?

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
isla, giovinco and giach cost us around 36 millions :sergio: that's a lot and can definitely being used to buy jojo/suarez/llorente + another 15 millions we seemed willing to throw + the wage
Oh, so you know the maximum figure marotte is allowed on a single player from our board ?

---------- Post added 28.08.2012 at 02:56 ----------

So he should have done nothing until he'd signed a CF?
Same persons would now be complaining we lack dept for CL, got no vidal replacement, and still fail on having a good lwb

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Realistically, I don't see us signing anyone in the next 4 days.

Dzeko is not going to happen because Mancini doesn't want to let him go
Jovetic won't happen as Fiorentina are very adamant to keep him and look more ambitious this year
Llorente won't happen as they are still asking for 36m and we are not even close to that
Cavani - no chance

So what does that leave us with? Nothing really. Cardozo is the latest name being linked to us from Benfica - don't know a lot about him though.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Same persons would now be complaining we lack dept for CL, got no vidal replacement, and still fail on having a good lwb
Indeed.

I should point out that I would still consider not getting in a good CF as something of a black mark against Marotta.

I just won't be demanding that he be sacked, like plenty of people will.

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
Realistically,

Llorente played only 90 minutes this season, came twice as a sub against Slaven and was not called up since.

His contract runs out next year, they probably won't let that happen, no matter how proud they are.

It seems that Arsenal is not really interested, they have 5-6 strikers and he can't work with Giroud, and Spurs signed Ade and now looking at some midfielders.

Plus he said Forza Juve on Facebook. :D

I'd say we're very close to get him.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Yeah, I still think there is a very good chance.

I'm just finding it much harder to confidently predict the actions of the Athletic president, due to the unique nature of his club.

With a normal club I'd be almost certain a deal would be done, even if it went very late in the window.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Indeed.

I should point out that I would still consider not getting in a good CF as something of a black mark against Marotta.

I just won't be demanding that he be sacked, like plenty of people will.
What annoys me the most, is that nobody really knows and most dont even consider, is the restrictions marotta has

maximum wage for a key player ? maximum transferfee ? a figure for both ?

I liked our mercato so far, and consider that if we dont sign a striker, the blame is on transfermarket not going as planned AND the board not allowing marotta the funds to sign the striker we were promised

If he was allowed 40 mil on a single player, he would have gotten Dzeko early in august

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
I tell you one thing......Juve have been involved in countless signings of young midfielders. If the board is not comfortable in spending big on a striker then perhaps we should invest in a portfolio of young strikers to see which one comes good. Bonatini and Boakye are 2 names, but perhaps we should look in south america

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)