Wishlist and General Juve mercato talk (2012-13) (12 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
That's the problem, We are set to believe that we can't sign the likes of Falcao, Aguero, Higuain, RVP,

I'd rather we pay something like 35 mil for Higuain/RVP than 18 mil for Isla/ 6 for Padoin, 3,5 for Gabbiadiini, 4,5 for Boayke, 4 for Leali... We have great depth and we need 1 or 2 WC players to make us take that leap to be contenders in the CL.

For Lion in top of my heads, Strikers i belive we could've signed if are willing to spend in no order.

Cavani,
Dzeko,
Lewandovski
Damiao,
Jovetic
Llorente,
Higuain,
Doumbia,
RVP,

Buy on AliExpress.com

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
That's the problem, We are set to believe that we can't sign the likes of Falcao, Aguero, Higuain, RVP,

I'd rather we pay something like 35 mil for Higuain/RVP than 18 mil for Isla/ 6 for Padoin, 3,5 for Gabbiadiini, 4,5 for Boayke, 4 for Leali... We have great depth and we need 1 or 2 WC players to make us take that leap to be contenders in the CL.

For Lion in top of my heads, Strikers i belive we could've signed if are willing to spend in no order.

Cavani,
Dzeko,
Lewandovski
Damiao,
Jovetic
Llorente,
Higuain,
Doumbia,
RVP,
if those strikers are truly available for a reasonable price, how come no one is signing them

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006

Here you are again ignoring the most important part, player's salaries.

Do you know how much Aguero or RVP earn? Almost double than Buffon our highest earner who is going to get a pay-cut in the new contract.

And.. you gotta be kidding with Cavani (55mln), Higuain (unsellable by RM) and Dzeko (not in the market if they don't get another CF). Even Fiorentina are saying JoJo is unsellable even after reports that we've bid 30mln. If Bilbao keep asking 36mln for Llorente then Marotta is totally right, hell even 25mln is too much for a player in their last year of contract.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Here you are again ignoring the most important part, player's salaries.

Do you know how much Aguero or RVP earn? Almost double than Buffon our highest earner who is going to get a pay-cut in the new contract.

And.. you gotta be kidding with Cavani (55mln), Higuain (unsellable by RM) and Dzeko (not in the market if they don't get another CF). Even Fiorentina are saying JoJo is unsellable even after reports that we've bid 30mln. If Bilbao keep asking 36mln for Llorente then Marotta is totally right, hell even 25mln is too much for a player in their last year of contract.
So you expect to sign a WC and give him Quag's salary, you need to spend to get those kind of players, and if you factor some of the wages of those uneeded players we have in the squad you should come close to a 7 mil salary, add the shirt sales, the marketing opportunities, and all of those that come with that type of players.

So you are telling me If Marotta offered 40 mil to Cavani, ADL won't sell, 25 for Dzeko or 35 for Higuain... Money talks but Marotta prefers to sign 4 average players instead of one WC, this strategy was deemed a success Last year because of Conte ( We saw how it went with DN ) but now we need quality and especially upfront and yet Marotta can't deliver that.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
if those strikers are truly available for a reasonable price, how come no one is signing them
We are one of the few teams that have the money needed to sign those players, the other teams are already set in that departement.

Barca, Real, City, Man Utd ( RVP ), Chelsea, Bayern.

We are the only team with money available in dire need of a WC striker but can't sign one.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
here is where i disgaree. the teams that have money will not pass on the chance to upgrade their squads even if they don't need such players.

like madrid with buying modric. or barca buying ibra. or like you put it, man u with rvp.

and there is always rich russian teams ready to come in. so why hasn't cavani been sold, or jovetic?

the answer is quite simple. they cost way too much for the end product they offer

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
I just read on vecchiasignora that Athletic Bilbao's president still doesn't want to sell neither of Martinez and Llorente below the release clause. There were some quotes but without source, so it could be bs.

Considering Viola don't want to sell JoJo and City is having problems with getting a striker, we're really fucked.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Sometimes you have to overpay Sergio, you can't hope to sign the best players for peanuts, in the Mercato there are bargains like our deal for Vidal last year but sometimes especially in the current shape of the Market you have to overpay to get what you need.
Milan overpayed for a long period of time, now the finances caught up with them and look what agony has fallen on them. Marotta's first order of business is keeping the books balanced, especially the salary account that is just now beginning to clean up after Secco. Second order of business is investing youth and future players for the team, simply because the man has accepted that you cannot compete with the new kids on the block when it comes to the dough. Refusing to accept that is just ignorant on your part, habibi.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
So you expect to sign a WC and give him Quag's salary, you need to spend to get those kind of players, and if you factor some of the wages of those uneeded players we have in the squad you should come close to a 7 mil salary, add the shirt sales, the marketing opportunities, and all of those that come with that type of players.

So you are telling me If Marotta offered 40 mil to Cavani, ADL won't sell, 25 for Dzeko or 35 for Higuain... Money talks but Marotta prefers to sign 4 average players instead of one WC, this strategy was deemed a success Last year because of Conte ( We saw how it went with DN ) but now we need quality and especially upfront and yet Marotta can't deliver that.
7mln? Aguero earns 10mln, RVP even more. How would that look to players like Vidal, Marchisio or Chiellini?

We need quality? We got them, Isla/Asamoah/Pogba are all quality players, what did you expect Modric and Iniesta? If we get Llorente you have no reason to bash Marotta, unless you have a personal vendetta against him.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
here is where i disgaree. the teams that have money will not pass on the chance to upgrade their squads even if they don't need such players.

like madrid with buying modric. or barca buying ibra. or like you put it, man u with rvp.

and there is always rich russian teams ready to come in. so why hasn't cavani been sold, or jovetic?

the answer is quite simple. they cost way too much for the end product they offer
by that reasoning pastore , hazard , oscar should have never been sold for the amounts they have been sold

Jovetic and cavani haven't been sold because generally all the top teams who have money are covered . Real madrid , barcelona , man city , bayern are all covered in offens

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
one thing that alot of the doubters are missing, but luckely some members allready pointed out is

How much does the board allow marotta exactly to spend on a single player, in cash ?

Its not a coincidence that for certain players its allways the same number, and for others, its a bit higher.

I'm pretty certain the board restricts marotta to not spend more then 20 mil on a single player, UNLESS its a high marketting profile.
In that case, the number the board thinks he'll generate in extra merchandising, will be the extra over 20 mil.

Lets see

rvp : cannot afford his wages+the requested fee. board will likely have set a max fee+transfer
doumbia : i'll take what we got
Higuain : didnt want to leave real, a much higher profile club then us.
Llorente : not signed because we look if we can get better
Jovetic : before this week, marotta wasent allowed to spend over 20 mil cash on him, fiorentina wanted 30 mil in cash. good luck convincing the board. seems they finally might tho
Damiao : since when do we shell 20 mil on an unproven brazillian youngster ? we based in turin, not milan, and look were it brought them *cough pato cough*
lewcrap : If this guy was italian, everyone would talk about him like it was boriello or carciacrapo
Dzeko : As long as city doesnt buy a new striker, he was not for sale, at least not for a number that the board allows marotta to pay
Cavani : Yeah sure, if we had 50 mil on a single player. good luck convincing the board.

Seriously, look what happened to milan after reckless wage spending, and inter to both excessive wage and transferfee spending.

They have to keep selling and selling

If you want to be financially sustainable , compete in europe, while based in italy, you must do exactly what marotta is doing, and what our board allows, altho they should allow 30 mil on jovetic imo

AND, asamoah is extremely likely to become the best leftflank serie a has seen since nedved and eto'o(under mou).
Isla, will be worth his fee also.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006

Why would Barca sign any striker when they have Messi, Madrid have Benz/Higuain, City have i don't know how many strikers, Bayern have Gomez..Chelsea Torres...

Russia ?? for real .??

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
oscar and pastore both wanted to move on and the salaries they were offered were enticing.

look at pastore though. total flop for what he cost. imagine us signing him and then stuck with him because we can't sell him because of his salary.

hazard is quality and is worth every penny he cost.

again, read what i said. teams fon't pass up the chance to sign top players. if the examples i gave you don't convince you, then look a little closer to home. we signed both asamoah and isla even though we have top players in those positions. you simpy don't pass up these kinds of chances.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Milan overpayed for a long period of time, now the finances caught up with them and look what agony has fallen on them. Marotta's first order of business is keeping the books balanced, especially the salary account that is just now beginning to clean up after Secco. Second order of business is investing youth and future players for the team, simply because the man has accepted that you cannot compete with the new kids on the block when it comes to the dough. Refusing to accept that is just ignorant on your part, habibi.
Milan are miserable now, because Berlu stopped injecting money in the team, his saving for the elections plus he lost tons of money in some case a while ago.

We can't compete with them but we are top 3 spenders in Europe.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Why would Barca sign any striker when they have Messi, Madrid have Benz/Higuain, City have i don't know how many strikers, Bayern have Gomez..Chelsea Torres...

Russia ?? for real .??
uuhhh because cavani is better than benzema and higuain by virtue of workrate alone? he might lack in their technique but he makes for for his workrate that is equivalent to two players.

and yes russia. for real. you after all said players care about the money

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
oscar and pastore both wanted to move on and the salaries they were offered were enticing.

look at pastore though. total flop for what he cost. imagine us signing him and then stuck with him because we can't sell him because of his salary.

hazard is quality and is worth every penny he cost.

again, read what i said. teams fon't pass up the chance to sign top players. if the examples i gave you don't convince you, then look a little closer to home. we signed both asamoah and isla even though we have top players in those positions. you simpy don't pass up these kinds of chances.
hazard is quality , but hazard still has to show that he is worth every penny spent on him . He was sold for 43 mil , at the time he was sold he was not worth that kind of money .

We bought asa-isla because we needed depth for CL . Also we need to keep an eye on finances , we are not city or psg who have unlimited money and neither real (whose economical situation isn't really that bright lately thanks to all their debts) .

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
by that reasoning pastore , hazard , oscar should have never been sold for the amounts they have been sold

Jovetic and cavani haven't been sold because generally all the top teams who have money are covered . Real madrid , barcelona , man city , bayern are all covered in offens
:tup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)