Wishlist and General Juve mercato talk (2012-13) (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
We shouldn't compare those two because of one reason only: the radically different Serie A now and then.

Just look at the league, Galliani has brought tens of world class players to Milan during his time there, Moratti the same for Inter and now they're suddenly signing Guarin's, Pazzini's and Gargano's ? Those are not bad signings at all, but they are not what they used to be. If you look at the stream of players going in and out of this league during the past 5 years, it's been profiles and classy players out and good players in.
I agree, the leagues image has taken an awful battering lately and it's harder to bring in top quality strikers, but Marotta has so far been unable to bring us the best in Serie A, which he should be capable of.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
We shouldn't compare those two because of one reason only: the radically different Serie A now and then.

Just look at the league, Galliani has brought tens of world class players to Milan during his time there, Moratti the same for Inter and now they're suddenly signing Guarin's, Pazzini's and Gargano's ? Those are not bad signings at all, but they are not what they used to be. If you look at the stream of players going in and out of this league during the past 5 years, it's been profiles and classy players out and good players in.
We are in the top 5 spending teams in the world for 2/3 years now. Moggi we didn't even had the Injection of the money from the owners, Moggi made the team self sufficient.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
I agree, the leagues image has taken an awful battering lately and it's harder to bring in top quality strikers, but Marotta has so far been unable to bring us the best in Serie A, which he should be capable of.
The best within Serie A as long as no one else wants them, you mean? Sanchez was impossible to get last mercato, sadly the prospect of a better league means more than the iconic juve shirt in this time and age, but i'm young - i'm sure things will turn around during my lifetime.

---------- Post added 27.08.2012 at 22:58 ----------

We are in the top 5 spending teams in the world for 2/3 years now. Moggi we didn't even had the Injection of the money from the owners, Moggi made the team self sufficient.
We are, and the signings made us from a 7th finisher to a unbeaten scudetto holder. Moggi had a very nice transfer kitty to work with, plus after the sale of Zidane for that huge sum of money it was quite easy to be general manager for a top team in Serie A, we had the appeal that Barca and Madrid have today.

Marotta is working on making this team self sufficient, half our spendings this season have been on youth players, the wage structure he's introduced might decrease the chance of getting the very best of players but makes for a very effective long term strategy when it comes to financial safety. You don't just transform a club that lost everything in 2006 into the smooth machine of the Moggi era.

Give him time, I really think the man is doing a great job.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Moggi was also in charge of the club fr a very long time, in a serie a that was top of the world.

compared to marotta who is in his third season here trying to do what he can in a dying league.

for all his scuccess in the market, moggi also had lots of failures. give marotta the same amount of years as moggi and i'm sure the average of good to bad signings wil be pretty similar

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
We are, and the signings made us from a 7th finisher to a unbeaten scudetto holder. Moggi had a very nice transfer kitty to work with, plus after the sale of Zidane for that huge sum of money it was quite easy to be general manager for a top team in Serie A, we had the appeal that Barca and Madrid have today.

Marotta is working on making this team self sufficient, half our spendings this season have been on youth players, the wage structure he's introduced might decrease the chance of getting the very best of players but makes for a very effective long term strategy when it comes to financial safety. You don't just transform a club that lost everything in 2006 into the smooth machine of the Moggi era.

Give him time, I really think the man is doing a great job.
Players care about the money, Marotta wants to sign the like of Aguero and Dzeko for 20 mil, that won't happen, and then in the other hand he goes and overpay for mediocre Italian players, 15 for Quag, 18 mil for Matri, 7 mil for Giac, 10 for Pepe, 6 for Padoin, 15 for Bonnucci....

That can't be overlooked, I agree that Serie had a major fall, but we are coming off an unbeaten season, we have the money and yet he can't fill our most glaring hole and it's likely that will enter this season with it unadressed.

---------- Post added 27.08.2012 at 22:11 ----------

Beppe builded an entire new team too.
Wich finished 7th in his first season, and because of Conte who had a huge effect we won the league,

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Moggi was also in charge of the club fr a very long time, in a serie a that was top of the world.

compared to marotta who is in his third season here trying to do what he can in a dying league.

for all his scuccess in the market, moggi also had lots of failures. give marotta the same amount of years as moggi and i'm sure the average of good to bad signings wil be pretty similar

Moggi made that team top of the world. I could list you players that were signed by Moggi but i'm sure you know most of them and look at those names and how much they contributed to making Juve the best team in the world then.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
Died laughing after i read this :lol:

Kakà "Voglio andar via, poi che sia Milan o Poggibonsi è lo stesso".

Antonello Pianigiani, numero uno dei Leoni di Poggibonsi
“Non posso che confermare il nostro interessamento nei confronti di Kakà molto probabilmente però sarà difficile trovare l’accordo da un punto di vista economico, per lo meno per questa stagione".
“Sognare non fa male. – ha poi aggiunto Pianigiani a ‘Sky Sport’ – Chi è che non sogna un Kakà con la maglia del Poggibonsi? Quando ha saputo la cosa, mister Fraschetti mi ha detto: 'Presidente, non lo prenda, che altrimenti mi tocca ridisegnare tutti gli schemi della squadra...' ”.

Translation

Kaka :"I want to leave , if it is milan or poggibonsi it is the same for me"

Antoniello Pianigiani number one of the lions of Poggibonsi
"I can't do anything except to confirm our interest in kaka , althrough very probably it will be difficult to arrive at a deal economically speaking , at least for this season . "Dreaming is not bad" - He than added to Sky Sport . Who doesn't dream about kaka wearing the shirt of Poggibonsi ? When mister Fraschetti heard about it he told me : "President don't take him , if you do i would need to rethink all the tactics of the team" "

:lol::rofl::lol:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Players care about the money, Marotta wants to sign the like of Aguero and Dzeko for 20 mil, that won't happen, and then in the other hand he goes and overpay for mediocre Italian players, 15 for Quag, 18 mil for Matri, 7 mil for Giac, 10 for Pepe, 6 for Padoin, 15 for Bonnucci....

That can't be overlooked, I agree that Serie had a major fall, but we are coming off an unbeaten season, we have the money and yet he can't fill our most glaring hole and it's likely that will enter this season with it unadressed.
likely, but not quite set in stone just yet. I think that what people are slowly starting to come around to is the realization that one very successful season doesn't suddenly make Juve major players in the market yet. Financially speaking, they can, up to a point, but in the case of the perspective of the club in the eyes of players out there, I think that it is a situation of "Show me what you can do on a consistent basis."

I, like many others, wished and hoped that the striker situation would have been resolved by now. It is apparent though that this year, more than most, that a quality striker is hard to come by on the market these days.

They simply aren't for sale unless you grossly overpay. Clubs such as PSG and Real Madrid are the types of clubs that selling teams look to in order to set the market.

And once again, Real Madrid just did so by paying a stupid, and I repeat, STUPID, amount of money for Modric. He's good, but in my opinion, he's not THAT good.

The days of Moggi were days where juve were one of the clubs who could actually have a hand in dictating the market. Nowadays, they are the ones waiting for the scraps that the bigger clubs don't deem as necessary.

Mar 30, 2006
At this point I would be happy if we signed Berbatov and just waited till next year to sign a super expensive long term CF. Berbatov would be able to score 20 goals upfront for us and would help us a lot in the CL. Plus he is only 4 or 5 million to sign. I know he is the wrong side of 30, but he clearly could give us a solid 2 or 3 years of insanely skillful center forward play.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Moggi made that team top of the world. I could list you players that were signed by Moggi but i'm sure you know most of them and look at those names and how much they contributed to making Juve the best team in the world then.

Moggi was dealing from a position of strength the minute he walked into the Juve office, though.

the team was loaded when he walked through those doors. never once did he have to totally reinvent a squad. He did what most sporting directors do when in that position. He tweaked the roster, and when the opportunity came along to offload a star player (Which he did twice in 6 years with Baggio and Zidane), then they can fill in the holes with more champions.

Marotta is attempting to get Juve to that point again, but this was never going to happen overnight, Cheesio.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Not all the players sign for Man city, PSG you know, there are tons of strikers out there.

the thing with marotta is i am sure he trying to avoid his earlier mistakes and secco mistakes.

llorente and dzeko are oood players but they are not world class. imo the last he wants to do is spend a great deal on them and offer them crazy salaries nly for them to be average and then have trouble selling them. look at the situation we found ourselves in with amauri, poulsen, melo, iaquinta, quag, martinez..etc.

as for the tons of strikers out there. please list some realistic options. no falcao or cavani please.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
likely, but not quite set in stone just yet. I think that what people are slowly starting to come around to is the realization that one very successful season doesn't suddenly make Juve major players in the market yet. Financially speaking, they can, up to a point, but in the case of the perspective of the club in the eyes of players out there, I think that it is a situation of "Show me what you can do on a consistent basis."

I, like many others, wished and hoped that the striker situation would have been resolved by now. It is apparent though that this year, more than most, that a quality striker is hard to come by on the market these days.

They simply aren't for sale unless you grossly overpay. Clubs such as PSG and Real Madrid are the types of clubs that selling teams look to in order to set the market.y.
Sometimes you have to overpay Sergio, you can't hope to sign the best players for peanuts, in the Mercato there are bargains like our deal for Vidal last year but sometimes especially in the current shape of the Market you have to overpay to get what you need.

We finished the season and it was obvious to the blind that our most glaring hole was a CF, admitted by Marotta himself and yet we couldn't adress that, and what i find weird that we commited so much money to sign youngsters, players that plays in a positions we are covered in before we could secure a striker.

I'm not asking Marotta to sign the Falcao's, Benzemas of the world but there are many strikers that could be affordable by Juve that could be a huge upgrade on what we have.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
Not all the players sign for Man city, PSG you know, there are tons of strikers out there.
There are tons of strikers out there? You don't say. I thought we were talking about top strikers and almost all of them are either already playing for top clubs or wanted by them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)