[WC] Italia vs USA [17-06-2006] (2 Viewers)

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
i have a feeling it will be close. many probably think azzurri will run over usa, like czechs did, but every game is differant, and unless italy scores in the first minutes after kick off, its gona be a close game. i say 2:1 or 3:1 to italy.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Stephan said:
oh boy, some of you really dont get it. what i mean is that we shouldnt worry or talk just about if and how many minutes del piero will play. The result is more important! than who plays. ofcourse its nice if dp plays and scores but thats not the most important thing.

*ofcourse for some it is :D

I'm not worry...not at all....But I'll surely not like the Idea starting Pippo or Gila again when you have Del Piero/Iaquinta that can give much more in their position.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
well, what we see is just the match, we dont see how players do in training. I am not a fan of pippo either but i disagree that gila and pippo dont give as much in their positions. It all depends on the formation as well. i understand what you mean with dp, he supports more, not like pippo who just waits for those chanses but well if we look juve, trez is almost the same:D

Ofcourse i dont know how good form pippo is now, but he can score and the winner of the group might be decided just by the ammount of goals ;)

About iaquinta i am not so sure at all, actually i am a bit surprised you think he should start ahead. He didnt had a good season, some think he shouldnt even had been called for world cup.. He was pretty lucky with the goal, pirlo gave him a good pass and he managed to score. but his not something special or good still.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
Stephan said:
i have a feeling it will be close. many probably think azzurri will run over usa, like czechs did, but every game is differant, and unless italy scores in the first minutes after kick off, its gona be a close game. i say 2:1 or 3:1 to italy.
That's the savour of the second game in the group,but I expect a sure win,not an easy but another 2-0 would satisfy me!

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
to be honest i would still choose gila over both pippo and iaquinta. the first one is a diver and just look stats, 6 red cards have been given by one week! so pippo might be the 7 player to see red card. And the second one, iaquinta, well i already wrote reasons, he was lucky, didnt had a good season.

After all, the starters of a world cup match should be players who have been in the best form/best season, if all are fit.

anyway imo the only chanse dp starts is if totti doesnt play. But totti needs to play more to gain form.

Juve_25

Jan 3, 2006
giovanotti said:
Ohhhh Yeahhhhh....it would be great,Rab!!!I can't wait the start of the game!!!!
But I'm not so nervous as I was before Ghana.
:agree: I was really scared against ghana, even during the game. I have no nails!

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
bad news here:

Strong support expected for US
16 June 2006
by FIFAworldcup.com

The United States are well accustomed to playing in front of crowds dominated by opposition fans but they hope it will be a different story at Saturday’s crucial Group E fixture against Italy in Kaiserslautern.
Thanks in large part to Ramstein Air Base, the nearby US military facility, Kaiserslautern is home to the second-largest community of Americans outside of the States with some 40,000 living in and around the city. Bruce Arena's team were extremely well supported when they played a friendly against Poland at the Fritz-Walter-Stadion on 1 March and they will be hoping the fans will come out again for the match against Italy.

The US players regularly play in front of hostile crowds even on their own soil thanks to the many large ethnic communities spread all over the country who always show up in force whenever their native national teams come to visit.

This should mean that any kind of significant American support in Kaiserslautern will make the match feel like a home game for the Americans. Of course Italy, always well supported, expect several thousand fans of their own to come north for the match.

For security and convenience reasons, the US team are staying at Ramstein Air Base, where they made friends by visiting injured soldiers during their stay for the Poland friendly earlier in the year

--

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Italy have 'no weak points' says US coach
by Reuters

USA coach Bruce Arena said on Friday that Group E opponents Italy have 'no weak points' but that his side still had hope against the Azzurri in Saturday's FIFA World Cup™ game.
The US lost their opening game 3-0 to the Czech Republic while Italy beat Ghana 2-0 in their first outing in the finals.

"I know of no weaknesses in the Italy team," Arena told a news conference before training on Friday.

The US coach hopes his side, who have never beaten Italy in five meetings, can take what chances come their way. "You'll get your chances, we need to do better when those opportunities present themselves," said Arena who refused to give any hint of his likely team selection.

Arena said the American players had bounced back well from their loss to the Czechs and were well prepared for Saturday's match at the Fritz-Walter-Stadion.

"The team have trained well. We analysed the Czech game and then we put it behind us. We'll be ready to play, whether we get a result remains to be seen, but we are ready," said Arena.

US captain Claudio Reyna said the biggest threat the Italians present comes from their two strikers Alberto Gilardino and Luca Toni.

"Toni and Gilardino are two real goalscorers and they are hungry for goals. They are predators who if they get one chance will put it away," he said.

"(Francesco) Totti and (Alessandro) Del Piero are two big players as well... they have experience throughout the team and they are in a more comfortable position than us, having won their first game," added Reyna.

Italy's players have displayed little knowledge of their opponents in recent days and Reyna said that could be an extra motivating factor for the Americans.

"It is fine, it is a good challenge for us. Hopefully they'll know us after the game," he said.

--
is he trying to flatter :D

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
Stephan said:
bad news here:

Strong support expected for US
16 June 2006
by FIFAworldcup.com

The United States are well accustomed to playing in front of crowds dominated by opposition fans but they hope it will be a different story at Saturday’s crucial Group E fixture against Italy in Kaiserslautern.
Thanks in large part to Ramstein Air Base, the nearby US military facility, Kaiserslautern is home to the second-largest community of Americans outside of the States with some 40,000 living in and around the city. Bruce Arena's team were extremely well supported when they played a friendly against Poland at the Fritz-Walter-Stadion on 1 March and they will be hoping the fans will come out again for the match against Italy.

The US players regularly play in front of hostile crowds even on their own soil thanks to the many large ethnic communities spread all over the country who always show up in force whenever their native national teams come to visit.

This should mean that any kind of significant American support in Kaiserslautern will make the match feel like a home game for the Americans. Of course Italy, always well supported, expect several thousand fans of their own to come north for the match.

For security and convenience reasons, the US team are staying at Ramstein Air Base, where they made friends by visiting injured soldiers during their stay for the Poland friendly earlier in the year

--
I think that 4 squadrons of almighty F-16s won't help them against Italy!

Sep 1, 2002
This is the worse USofA team I have seen for many a long year, and that's saying something. They will be totally outclassed, again, and lose by an embarrassing margin. This is a game for the strikers to fill their boots.
Hatrick for Gilardino.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Stephan said:
oh boy, some of you really dont get it. what i mean is that we shouldnt worry or talk just about if and how many minutes del piero will play. The result is more important! than who plays. ofcourse its nice if dp plays and scores but thats not the most important thing.

*ofcourse for some it is :D
Like I always say: grass is green, the ball is round and a game lasts 90 minutes.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
what the fuck is going on here, a month ago everyone was mad at Lippi for selecting Iaquinta for the world cup, now after he scored a goal, you all made him a hero and put it your "wanted" first 11? and also create a thread that he is linked to Juve?? FFS :confused:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
snoop said:
what the fuck is going on here, a month ago everyone was mad at Lippi for selecting Iaquinta for the world cup, now after he scored a goal, you all made him a hero and put it your "wanted" first 11? and also create a thread that he is linked to Juve?? FFS :confused:
I always said he should select him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)