[WC] Italia vs USA [17-06-2006] (18 Viewers)

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
It won't be as easy as you guys think. If the US get the early goal it will make for a difficult day for Totti and Co.

mnementh

Jun 5, 2005
italy should focus on this match for the goals if they want to finish first before czech. It won't be easy though. I think U.S will foul a lot, and we need to take the set pieces very well, another reason to start with Del Piero. I see a trademark freekick in this match.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
mnementh said:
italy should focus on this match for the goals if they want to finish first before czech. It won't be easy though. I think U.S will foul a lot, and we need to take the set pieces very well, another reason to start with Del Piero. I see a trademark freekick in this match.
maybe ref will give a penalty for every pippo dive in the box :D lippi would not have to give many references to pippo, just dive, and italy would win with penaltyhatrick from dp :p

just kidding :D :p

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
mnementh said:
i think a lot depends on the ghana-czech game, and luckily it is before italy-usa match, and finishes just before. what i mean is that for example if the result would be draw then italy would need just a win. or atleast they know the result, less pressure on, how many to score and etc.

mnementh

Jun 5, 2005
True Stephan. Btw, I'll be perfectly happy with a penalty hattrick :) but Pippo's not the guy for that... they won't give Italy a penalty even if the Americans take out M16's and grenade launchers and blow him up to pieces. He's marked as a diver, it's over for him. That's why I didn't want him in the WC originally, it's a real problem.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Czech are one of the favourites of winning the world cup.. They totally distroyed USA. Tomas Rosciky was just outstanding. The first goal was absolute madness.. and the second goal, well what can I say.. He defined and demostrated how finishing should be (hint hint.. Zlatan are you watching?).
If both Italy and Czech win their next games, they will be play more relaxed and won't risk it alot when they face each other..

Anyway back to the game, although he played a decent game Totti proved that he is not 100% fit.
Watching how the USA played against the Czeck I feel that this game is idea for Del Piero so I wouldn't be surprised if I found him in the first lineup. Maybe we see something like Totti - Del Piero - Toni especially since Gialrdino did not do well during tonights game.
I feel if Del Piero and Totti played together, Toni will end up scoring more than once against the USA.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
mnementh said:
True Stephan. Btw, I'll be perfectly happy with a penalty hattrick :) but Pippo's not the guy for that... they won't give Italy a penalty even if the Americans take out M16's and grenade launchers and blow him up to pieces. He's marked as a diver, it's over for him. That's why I didn't want him in the WC originally, it's a real problem.
i was joking anyway, didnt you notice ":D "

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
ZAF3000 said:
Czech are one of the favourites of winning the world cup.. They totally distroyed USA. Tomas Rosciky was just outstanding. The first goal was absolute madness.. and the second goal, well what can I say.. He defined and demostrated how finishing should be (hint hint.. Zlatan are you watching?).
If both Italy and Czech win their next games, they will be play more relaxed and won't risk it alot when they face each other..
Anyway back to the game, although he played a decent game Totti proved that he is not 100% fit.
Watching how the USA played against the Czeck I feel that this game is idea for Del Piero so I wouldn't be surprised if I found him in the first lineup. Maybe we see something like Totti - Del Piero - Toni especially since Gialrdino did not do well during tonights game.
I feel if Del Piero and Totti played together, Toni will end up scoring more than once against the USA.
i disagree, there is a lot on cost/on stake or how ever they say it, to play with brazil in the next round, or to avoid brazil ;)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
The good thing about Lippi's men is that Rino and Zambo will be back, not sure about Rino starting on the pitch or the bench, but he'll be back I guess, matter of fitness only.

I'd either start Dp or Iaquinta instead of Gila.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)