[WC] Italia vs USA [17-06-2006] (17 Viewers)

Akerman

Oct 20, 2005
The American defense played very sloppy fouling Italy like 1 time every 2 minute. I don't think the americans played very good. In Sweden everyone seem to be raging against Italy because of De Rossi's elbow, but their is not much of a mention about the Americans foul play. I hate the swedish press and football fans that has no idea about Italian football but still hates it. Sometimes I wish I wasn't born in Sweden.

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Morra10 said:
right now everyone should be doing some ref. bashing because that ref. was terrible and it is a shame that he screwed up a good game
Larrionda sucked eggs. Watching that match was like watching a bad referee ego trip.

And if I thought Larrionda was biased towards the Azzurri or the Americans, I would actually give him more credit. But incompetence is colorblind.

And it's just too coincidental that he missed out on WC 2002 because he was under a 6-month investigation for corruption.

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
swag said:
I gotta admit, I don't get the joke, Sebi. Because, of course, none of the refs are Mexican besides Archundia.

However about 75% of them are south american, which, is more or less mexican. :eyebrows:

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
First of all the czech rep vs Ghana match showed that Czech do not have a good squad at all. Without the older players and Rosicky there is nothing there. Ghana played very well with their high tempo unfortunately they do not have great strikers or they would have won by a basketball type score. Without Koller and Baros, Lovenc is quite useless and Nedved was poor. Roscicky was the only shining light, looks like cutrains for this aged squad but you never know with this group

Italy vs Usa
What a game and hats off to the Americans for putting up a very battling display, I did say Donovan was ordinary after the first game but he was superb last night and frankly Usa should have won as i still do not understand why that goal was disallowed with some horrendous piece of goal keeping by Buffon.
The officiating was embarassing with so many cards given out unnecessarily and offsides given that were not
What is it with Italy and second games in tournaments? They hardly seems to win their second games and for Lippi to blame exertions against Ghana for taking its toll is just a big nonsense, they had so much time to prepare and besides he has a good enough squad to rest tired players.
At one time Italy were meant to be playing 10 against 9 but in all honesty it was 8 against 9 as Perotta was injured and Gilardino was non existent.
I have not seen a more pathetic display from a striker in a very long time when you have a 1 man advantage, in fatc in the whole game apart from scoring, all he did was dive to get Pope to get 2 yellow cards. He was a pussy and very pathetic. Afetr getting Pope sent off, he never touched the ball until the 89th minute heading the ball wide. For 30 minutes, he did not touch the ball, that has to be some sort of record against 9 men
Toni was just as bad, offering absolutely nothing to the cause and it is in keeping with the pathetic referring that Onywenu did not get carded when he fouled more than anybody on the pitch.
I thought Cannavaro was as poor as at any time i have seen him play for Italy, giving the ball away cheaply and letting players run past him, and i was stupifyed to see football italia give him 7.
Nesta was good as was Gatusso when he came on, Pirlo was probably the best player for Italy whilst Zambrotta did provide energy but always seems to overdo things at times.
Totti should not have been taken off as far as im concerned as Toni ought to have gone at that time
You wonder why managers pick ceertain players and after Moggigate, your mind is now tuned in a certain direction for I cannot for the life of me see what Lippi likes in Zaccardo, he is clearly a poor player and that own goal was just shameful
DDr is a disgrace and i hope he never plays another game in this competition
Dp had some nice touches but his decision making for Italy has always been suspect and again it was eveident in some of his decisions last night as the ball he tried to pass to Gatusso or Iaquinta, i am sure for Juve he would have buried it
Iaquinta is not international class and getting offsided 5 secs after coming on is just unthinkable
I still think Marchionni should have been in this squad as he has pace and can come on to better effect than Iaquinta.
Its big decisions for Lippi from now on as I dont think they can win it with Toni and Gilardino in this form. Totti needs to completely step up as balls from insode your area looking for the runs of Gilardino and Toni won't always work, he should stop hiding and look for the ball constantly

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Its lucky that i come here often after Juventus play and read comments on here otherwise i would have been very baffled at to some of the comments made on here .
Having loads of possesion cos your opponent is playing with 8 outfield players does not mean you were the better team. I kept reading the amount of chances Italy created, what chances? Take away the goal and the only chance was Dp's effort which Keller saved and his cross which was blocked, apart from that , there was not a lot
Dp's shot was not a chance , it was a speculative effort
Given the circumstances USa was the better team as their plan worked more than Italy's did.
How is it possible that almost every competitions, Italy's squad is full of wimps
You take out Cannavaro, Zambrotta, Ddr, Gatusso and Camoranesi, the rest just seem to be pretty boys that cannot take care fo themselves onb the pitch. They are either diving about or squealing like pigs, its disgusting.
You say players with the height of Gilardino and Toni going down as soon as you breathe on them, its pathetic. Any striker that can roughen up Nesta will take him to school and thats worrying.
Apart form say maybe Japan and South Korea, Italy are probably the weakest team physically and this is a man's game , so you have to be ready for everything.
I see Cannavaro was given a high score, what for? cos he is Juve's player? he was poor and Nesta played better in this particular game as too many times he was passed.
No need to comment on the officiating, it was abysmal on both sides.

Mastroeni's challenge, for me personally , and i would like to see it implemented in all cases, deserved a red card, as it was an awful challenge. But on the other hand, in most cases , yellow cards are normally given for those .
You can understand Arena's fustrations as the referee would definitely have given yellow if Ddr had not been sent off
Too many offsides were not offsides but Toni was terrible and Gilardino, well, that was really awful

May 27, 2006
Sir Sebastian said:
However about 75% of them are south american, which, is more or less mexican. :eyebrows:
:disagree: oh my oh my
Any1 knows the actual reason y lippi puts derossi instead of rhino?
besides the red card, rhino gives a lot more confidence to pirlo and he knows not only when but also how to make tactical fouls

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
mephiztopheles said:
:disagree: oh my oh my
Any1 knows the actual reason y lippi puts derossi instead of rhino?
besides the red card, rhino gives a lot more confidence to pirlo and he knows not only when but also how to make tactical fouls
I think the reason was that Gattuso was not 100% ready.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)