[WC] Italia vs USA [17-06-2006] (15 Viewers)

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
Yours was a joke, yes, but the countless other "3-0" and "dog shit" posts were NOT a joke.

Has italy ever lost/tied a game without claiming it's unfair? I'm just curious. I never said a word about the czechs losing yesterday...

Buy on AliExpress.com

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Sir Sebastian said:
Yours was a joke, yes, but the countless other "3-0" and "dog shit" posts were NOT a joke.

Has italy ever lost/tied a game without claiming it's unfair? I'm just curious. I never said a word about the czechs losing yesterday...
For your information the Italian national team aren't claiming the tie was unfair. In fact neither am I, but being forced to admit Italy were dominated is one bridge too far. Italy were quite obviously the better team and had the better chances. I also say the US have only themselves to blame for two stupid red cards that could have been avoided.

Despite Andy ignoring what I've been saying all along, De Rossi's behaviour wasn't acceptable either, but that doesn't go for the rest of the Italian squad. Every other Italian kept his cool and Perrotta played the entire second half injured, thanks to a reckless American challenge. The way Italy are being bashed and the US are being glorified is simply giving the truth a sick twist.

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
Seven said:
For your information the Italian national team aren't claiming the tie was unfair. In fact neither am I, but being forced to admit Italy were dominated is one bridge too far. Italy were quite obviously the better team and had the better chances. I also say the US have only themselves to blame for two stupid red cards that could have been avoided.

Despite Andy ignoring what I've been saying all along, De Rossi's behaviour wasn't acceptable either, but that doesn't go for the rest of the Italian squad. Every other Italian kept his cool and Perrotta played the entire second half injured, thanks to a reckless American challenge. The way Italy are being bashed and the US are being glorified is simply giving the truth a sick twist.

I mean the fans. When the team claims it's rigged, that's just bad.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Sir Sebastian said:
I mean the fans. When the team claims it's rigged, that's just bad.
They claimed it was rigged in 2002, though they were obviously right. I mean, it would be insane to claim it was a fair game really. And you have to hand it to them that 2004 was at least suspicious.

I guess people should go easy on Italy fans. After all they have just had 2 desillusional big tournaments in which Italy wasn't sent home simply because of their own mistakes. They really were robbed.

Of course they weren't yesterday, but this was the utmost time Italy fans had to put up with awful refereeing and it's really getting to them. I won't stop claiming the tournament has been fixed anyway. What happened yesterday was too easy to prevent. FIFA wanted to fuck things up.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
From Ghana's first match and Zaccardo was playing horrible, forget the own goal, the manis useless, and I don't know why the Fvck can't Lippi play Oddo in his place ffs.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
The approach to the game was awful, and certainly we paid the price of playing well against ghana. If anything the result that ghana had against czehs should have been a wake up call. Nevertheless its understandble that the opposition were certainly more fiery than us in the opening 20 minutes or so. This prevented us from settling into the game by the italian style, we couldnt play much technical football as the americans started to use aggression and tempo in their game. The early lead for me was quite much of a suprise nevertheless the own goal we conceded.. I really dont blame zaccardo too much, I think it was down to experience.. he will learn although that does seem to have cost us a lot. At the same time it was quite unfortunate for him especially as he misjudged teh ball and the funny thing is it hit his back leg and somehow diverted back into the net. I really think there is a lot to learn from this match and to a certain extent its really good that we faced a timid time rather than just cruise through the group. De Rossis sending off was fully deserved and IMO he deserved whatever ban he gets. I support italy, but these romanistas seriously do have attitude problems. We shouldnt feel too supportive for rossi, as that may just spark a similar reaction from him again, with his mentor being totti, all I can say is no wonder..

Gattuso's sub for Totti was definetly a good tactical approach from lippi, and in my eyes lippi certainly doesnt deserve the stick he is getting, on the pitch he did almost everything he could do.. but only thing he does have to be blamed for is the match approach. The other subtitutions were well thought off too and to be honest as much as the amricans may feel hard hearted about referring I must say Italy suffered there own especially from the linesman.. I could say out of the 10 or 11 offsides produced there were atleast 4 or 5 that were clearly onside.. it was a frustating day for the forwards in which they couldnt take much shots. Ive seen a lot of praise been passed to DP, and its understandble afterall this is a juve forum.. however IMO DP was as poor as the rest of them and certainly hardly did anything apart from testing out kasey. Whenever he had the ball you expect more from him simply because his a dribbler, but to be honest I hardly saw him dribble. The whole point of bringing him on was down to experience and his ability to provide. However there really wasnt any balls provided.

The Iaquintas move IMO was also positive but to be honest he was poor too, and really should lippi be blamed for the actual sub or rather the players too.. Starting with zambro was certainly positive but he didnt at all seem upto his himself.. and maybe there was a lil rush into bringing him back to the lineup. I know many of the critics will actually bounce on this opportunity and question why on earth he was actually brought to the line up in the first place.. but once again I think lippi made the best move, I certainly doubt grosso would have made the best of difference and if anything this match will certainly help zambros fitness against czech.

I wont bother with ratings and rather Ill just name the players who I believe that did make an effort and they were, Gattuso, Nesta and Perrota. The rest were either below par, poor or horrible.

Sep 14, 2003
Sir Sebastian said:
If you want to get into stereotyping, we can, but it really doesn't pan out too well for the italians...who accomplished approximately nothing post 500 AD

So you don't consider the telescope, telephone, the barometer, the thermoeter, nuclear reactors, the electric battery, and the radio as achievements? Interesting.

Not to mention the great arts.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Holdon said:
So you don't consider the telescope, telephone, the barometer, the thermoeter, nuclear reactors, the electric battery, and the radio as achievements? Interesting.

Not to mention the great arts.
Galilei, Michelangelo, Raffaele, Caravaggio, Bernini and Da Vinci all achieved nothing I guess.

Brixity

Feb 8, 2006
For some reason I was not surprised by this result. I felt we were going to underestimate the US and we did. They clearly played with more passion and intent early on and definately caused problems until it became a numbers game. The only reason we launched attack after attack in the 2nd half is coz they were 9 IMO so I'm dissapointed not to have got a goal esp since I think Rhino's goal was legit and Iaquinta was fouled for a PK.

As for De Rossi, his conduct was a disgrace but I still hope to see him play coz I think he's learnt the lesson and he is a good player. Masteroni deserved a red IMO but I cant say I'm as certain about Pope's 2nd yellow. All in all, it was an ugly match with the wrong sort of drama. Lets hope we beat the Czechs.
Forza Italia

Geof

May 14, 2004
however, can't argue with that

Channel 4 wrote
Daniele De Rossi: 2
This boy has a lot to learn. His red card has arguably jeopardised the Azzurri’s progress in the competition. Clearly doesn’t yet understand the difference between aggressiveness and recklessness. A disgrace.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005

Perrotta doubt for Czech clash Sunday 18 June, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With Daniele De Rossi suspended, Simone Perrotta is also a major doubt for the Group E decider against the Czech Republic.

The former Chievo midfielder could barely run in the final 20 minutes of last night’s 1-1 draw with the USA, as he had taken a knock to the upper thigh and Italy had already completed their substitutions.

“Perrotta suffered a heavy bruise to his right thigh which also affected the sciatic nerve,” explained chief medic Enrico Castellacci.

“It was quite a rough game overall and we had quite a few problems. Perrotta could still recover for Thursday, but we need 48 hours to see how the bruise is absorbed. Alberto Gilardino also had a slight sprain to his right ankle.”

De Rossi will be suspended for that tie, which could see Italy top Group E, go through second or even be eliminated depending on the result here and in the Ghana-USA game, following his dismissal for elbowing Brian McBride.

A draw would be enough to see the Azzurri through to the knockout stage, but the Czechs also have problems to contend with. Tomas Ujfalusi was sent off in the 2-0 defeat to Ghana and he’ll be suspended, along with striker Vratislav Lokvenc. Injured forwards Milan Baros and Jan Koller are also unlikely to feature.

“The Ghana defeat was just a bad day at the office,” insisted Fiorentina defender Ujfalusi. “We have to beat Italy in order to qualify and we can do it. I’m disappointed with my red card, especially as it means I won’t be able to play against the Azzurri.”

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
So the midfield trio will be Gattuso - Pirlo - Camo
Lippi has tested this b4, shouldn't be a problem against Czechs, who r in a more dire situation than Italy

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Italy controlled the second half because we were a man up...how else was it supposed to be ??

Before the red cards and shenanigans, the USA looked the better team...

I have been saying since he was chosen for this squad that ZACCARDUMB IS A LIABILITY !!!

Along with Materazzi, he should NEVER be selected for the Azzurri again

I thought we played very poor against an average team like the Americans...why is it that no matter the coach of our team, we always have a tendency to make average teams look like champions ?? :confused2

I am also having having a hard time understanding Lippi's inclusion of Iaquinta. His goal against Ghana was a gift, and Pippo should be put in instead...Pippo is a far better striker, IMO

I also said before the tournament started that Lippi's biggest mistake is to let past grudges get into the way of player selections...and Panucci is sitting at home because of it. That with be Lippi's biggest mistake of this tournament, I fear he will start ZaccarDUMB again to show his faith in him, and that will be one of biggest reasons why it will probably cost us a birth into the second round, along with the fact that we went through an entire half of football a man up, and couldnt score against an average team...... I dont see us beating the Czech's

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Vinman said:
Italy controlled the second half because we were a man up...how else was it supposed to be ??

Before the red cards and shenanigans, the USA looked the better team...

I have been saying since he was chosen for this squad that ZACCARDUMB IS A LIABILITY !!!

Along with Materazzi, he should NEVER be selected for the Azzurri again

I thought we played very poor against an average team like the Americans...why is it that no matter the coach of our team, we always have a tendency to make average teams look like champions ?? :confused2

I am also having having a hard time understanding Lippi's inclusion of Iaquinta. His goal against Ghana was a gift, and Pippo should be put in instead...Pippo is a far better striker, IMO

I also said before the tournament started that Lippi's biggest mistake is to let past grudges get into the way of player selections...and Panucci is sitting at home because of it. That with be Lippi's biggest mistake of this tournament, I fear he will start ZaccarDUMB again to show his faith in him, and that will be one of biggest reasons why it will probably cost us a birth into the second round, along with the fact that we went through an entire half of football a man up, and couldnt score against an average team...... I dont see us beating the Czech's
Panucci is not even close to a good fullback.

Lippi admitted he should have put Inzaghi in.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Seven said:
Panucci is not even close to a good fullback.

Lippi admitted he should have put Inzaghi in.

at this point, you or I would be a better chioce than ZaccarDUMB in that position

and I think Panucci is the best choice for RB that Italy has (not counting Zamby...I consider him a LB)

either way, Oddo should play RB for the rest of the tournament...which may only be 1 more game:cry:

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
Sir Sebastian said:

sebi, what the hell are you talking about?? the only one that says the ref was unfair is your great coach.. actualy he must thank the linemen and zaccardo for having the point.
as italy fan I am not saying anything about the ref, I am only dissapointed with italys perfermence.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)