[WC] Italia vs USA [17-06-2006] (20 Viewers)

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Tariq said:
If its a war they want then a war they're gonna get....those damn Americans think that they can just scare the whole world with all this war bullshit....well guess what...BRING IT ON. Look at how they're getting their asses kicked in Iraq, so if they play like the fight then its ITLAY ALL THE WAY BABY.FORZA REGAZI...FORZA AZZURRI....FORZA ITALIA....FORZA IRAQ :)
I am an Italian-American who is a long time fan of the Azzurri, but when I read shit like this, I can honestly say that any Italian out there would say you are talking out of your ass !! We dont need your support, so take your terrorist mentality somewhere else....

I don't want to make enemies or pick fights or talk about politics on this Forum, and FYI I hold an American Passport, I'm married to an American and I have family and friends in the US.
good job Chauncey, you just insulted many ppl that you care about :oops:

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
FORZA REGAZI...FORZA AZZURRI....FORZA ITALIA....FORZA IRAQ :)[/QUOTE]

damn dude your just jumping back and forth on all your bang wagon's eh?

your a bang wagon jumper :D

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Andy said:
I would give my left hand to beat Italy and Ghana to make it through this group. That would rightly shut you lot up.
I would gladly be the one that may remove your hand.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Tariq said:
I don't want to make enemies or pick fights or talk about politics on this Forum, and FYI I hold an American Passport, I'm married to an American and I have family and friends in the US.
Is your American wife an international glory hunter such as yourself? If not, I'm not sure why she chose you because your attitude is horrendous.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Andy said:
Considering you've wanted me dead before, I can't say I'm surprised by that offer.
At least I can live with the fact not every Belgian supports the Belgian national team. Dulce et decorum est, Andy, and I'm sure you'll settle for no less than the end of that sentence;).

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
Lippi experiments with Pippo

Pippo Inzaghi could start in a trident attack with Alberto Gilardino against the USA, but Marcello Lippi warns not to underestimate their opponents.

“We have to play with the same determination and character that we showed with Ghana,” said the Coach ahead of Saturday’s crunch match.

After their 3-0 defeat to the Czech Republic, the Americans must get a result or face an early exit from Group E.

Italy need the full points and as many goals as possible to challenge for the top qualifying spot – therefore avoiding Brazil in the second round.

“It would be a terrible mistake to underestimate the Americans,” continued Lippi. “It’s important to get a result here, not focus on how many goals we score. This isn’t going to be a walk in the park.”

Lippi confirmed that Gianluca Zambrotta is back to full fitness and available for selection after he recovered from a thigh strain that had forced him out of the 2-0 opening victory.

He experimented with a new line-up in training this afternoon, introducing Inzaghi for Luca Toni, supported by Francesco Totti and Milan teammate Alberto Gilardino.

That squad also included Cristian Zaccardo, Alessandro Nesta, Marco Materazzi and Zambrotta in defence with the same midfield of Simone Perrotta, Andrea Pirlo and Daniele De Rossi that proved so effective against Ghana.

The other team played a 4-3-3 system, one used several times during Lippi’s reign, that had Massimo Oddo, Andrea Barzagli, Fabio Cannavaro and Fabio Grosso at the back. Mauro Camoranesi, Simone Barone and the recovered Gennaro Gattuso – who is back in action sooner than expected from a thigh strain – supported the trident of Toni, Vincenzo Iaquinta and Alessandro Del Piero.

channel4.com

:faq2: Alex, where are you ?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
edpiero said:
Lippi experiments with Pippo

Pippo Inzaghi could start in a trident attack with Alberto Gilardino against the USA, but Marcello Lippi warns not to underestimate their opponents.

“We have to play with the same determination and character that we showed with Ghana,” said the Coach ahead of Saturday’s crunch match.

After their 3-0 defeat to the Czech Republic, the Americans must get a result or face an early exit from Group E.

Italy need the full points and as many goals as possible to challenge for the top qualifying spot – therefore avoiding Brazil in the second round.

“It would be a terrible mistake to underestimate the Americans,” continued Lippi. “It’s important to get a result here, not focus on how many goals we score. This isn’t going to be a walk in the park.”

Lippi confirmed that Gianluca Zambrotta is back to full fitness and available for selection after he recovered from a thigh strain that had forced him out of the 2-0 opening victory.

He experimented with a new line-up in training this afternoon, introducing Inzaghi for Luca Toni, supported by Francesco Totti and Milan teammate Alberto Gilardino.

That squad also included Cristian Zaccardo, Alessandro Nesta, Marco Materazzi and Zambrotta in defence with the same midfield of Simone Perrotta, Andrea Pirlo and Daniele De Rossi that proved so effective against Ghana.

The other team played a 4-3-3 system, one used several times during Lippi’s reign, that had Massimo Oddo, Andrea Barzagli, Fabio Cannavaro and Fabio Grosso at the back. Mauro Camoranesi, Simone Barone and the recovered Gennaro Gattuso – who is back in action sooner than expected from a thigh strain – supported the trident of Toni, Vincenzo Iaquinta and Alessandro Del Piero.

channel4.com

:faq2: No Alex again.
They drew the wrong conclusion. No way Toni will be benched and no way Gilardino will play. Iaquinta, Del Piero and Toni to start.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)