[WC] Italia vs Ghana [12-06-2006] (1 Viewer)

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
Seven said:
Are you out of your mind? I don't think Del Piero is anywhere near a place in the starting eleven. And that's coming from a lifetime DP fan.
Agreed, absolutely no chance for dp to start. Would be ridiculous. He should play the same team as tonight, but with Gattuso for Perotta/DDR, Rambo for Grosso, Oddo for Zaccardo and Iaquinta for Gila. Then you will spank the yanks good and proper!

Toni was awesome tonight, was very impressed, and cannavaro i wish he was english :D

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
Stephan said:
del piero didnt had enough time to show something. totti did pretty well imo, you have to consider the injury what he had and the lack of playing time he has had. his shots on goal from freekicks where good, and he also hit some good corners.
You're right Stephan...Totti was solid,considering his previous injury!
Del Piero will show his quality,he just need more time in the game.

OP
Elvin

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
  • Thread Starter #465
    Today when DP came on, gotta hear the crowd eh ;) showes that he's a country's lovable player

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
    Aug 13, 2004
    Tom said:
    Agreed, absolutely no chance for dp to start. Would be ridiculous. He should play the same team as tonight, but with Gattuso for Perotta/DDR, Rambo for Grosso, Oddo for Zaccardo and Iaquinta for Gila. Then you will spank the yanks good and proper!

Toni was awesome tonight, was very impressed, and cannavaro i wish he was english :D
    You have your Beckham,and be happy abut that.:lol:....and Crouch too.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    Stephan said:
    i was surprised that camoranesi played pretty well on the midfield, and that he didnt play on the wing only.
    That's why I said he should play instead of Totti. Camoranesi is a great player that was misused by Capello.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    Stephan said:
    del piero didnt had enough time to show something. totti did pretty well imo, you have to consider the injury what he had and the lack of playing time he has had. his shots on goal from freekicks where good, and he also hit some good corners.
    Here's the mistake everyone keeps making: I don't have to consider his injury. Did he play well enough to be Italy's no.10? No he didn't. That's what I have to consider and no more than that.

Akerman

Oct 20, 2005
    Awesome! Really great match! Now that Koller is injuried, it's a great opportunity to get that 1st place in the group. I have huge confidence in Italy. Actually cheering just as much for Italy as for Sweden. :)

From following Serie A all these years it makes you more attached to the players than the swedish ones that you never see because most of them play in leagues that are not shown much or anything at all in sweden.

Yvos

Jan 30, 2006
    Can someone please explain me, why there isn't any coach who believes in Del Piero. I don't know where to write down my frustrations, but I really become very sad. Del Piero is the most underestimated player of the world. Knowing that he is such a model-pro, I sometimes have tears in my eyes, when I know he should be on the pitch and not on the bench.
    I hope I'm not the only one who thinks this!

Akerman

Oct 20, 2005
    Yeah, they also have one of my favorite players, Boateng, sitting on the bench. He plays for AIK and is one of the very few players in Allsvenskan that plays in this World Cup.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)