[WC] Italia vs Ghana [12-06-2006] (2 Viewers)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Good game, solid performance from Italy even though they fall back and defened like usual. Ghana fought pretty well, I was satisified.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Very very good game. Entertaining, fluent and attacking. Both sides played some terrific football. And Toni, che bomber! That's one of the most awesome players I have seen in a long time. Pirlo was also great at times, yet inconsistent. Both Totti and Del Piero (the latter looks fit, but should show some more muscle) were nowhere to be seen though.

On to the ref, simply put: a disgrace. A penalty to Ghana not given, Italy was alone on goal two times, once with Iaquinta, Toni and Camoranesi and once with Iaquinta. Surely one of the two would have been a goal. Add to that the awful lack of cards shown to Ghana players.. Gyan should also have gotten a second yellow for his dive.. I don't think we'll see Simon again this WC.

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
Nice game by the Azzuri today, but Ghana was quite good too. :)

Toni was great as expected. Camo had a several great crosses and was impressive too. :p DP, well, not enough time on the pitch. ;)

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
I said to all of you that Lippi is the man,and that he will not go for a defending!!!

He is a great tactician,and today we didn't watch some "coward" way of playing!!!!

Forza Azzurri!!!;)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Andy said:
There could have perhaps been two penalties against Italy, as the De Rossi push in the box looked rather suspicious.
That was the phase I'm talking about. The other one was an absurd dive which should have earned Gyan a second yellow.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Looks like Italy and the Czech Republic are fairly safe. Sorry, Andy :D. Now they just need to determine which lucky bastards will get to play against Brazil.

marcusa

Dec 21, 2005
Andy said:
There could have perhaps been two penalties against Italy, as the De Rossi push in the box looked rather suspicious.
I bet more penalties would be called if the players did not do Shakesperian dives...it looks a little too fake.

Just my humble opinion...

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
great game by the azzurri and lippi knew what he was doing. go back to a couple of pages and see the only one defending what lippi would do. So many people thought he was going into a defensive shell, lippi knows what he is doing and i've said before i trust him. Toni played great and i give ghana credit they are a solid team. I am convinced that if they can hit the net they will beat u.s.a and give the czech a run away on the counter attack.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I'm worried about Totti and Del Piero though. Totti was nowhere, absolutely nowhere and Del Piero seems to be playing with his nephews in his backyard. Ale, wake up, it's the World Cup FFS. Granted his mission was to defend the 1-0 lead and that does get rather easy if Iaquinta makes it 2-0 10 seconds afer DP has come on.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
Morra10 said:
great game by the azzurri and lippi knew what he was doing. go back to a couple of pages and see the only one defending what lippi would do. So many people thought he was going into a defensive shell, lippi knows what he is doing and i've said before i trust him. Toni played great and i give ghana credit they are a solid team. I am convinced that if they can hit the net they will beat u.s.a and give the czech a run away on the counter attack.
Exactly,I was constantly saying that Lippi is the man!!!:)
Congrats to all Azzurri supporters!!!!

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
edpiero said:
I can see Del Piero and Toni next match with Pippo coming on
Are you out of your mind? I don't think Del Piero is anywhere near a place in the starting eleven. And that's coming from a lifetime DP fan.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Seven said:
Very very good game. Entertaining, fluent and attacking. Both sides played some terrific football. And Toni, che bomber! That's one of the most awesome players I have seen in a long time. Pirlo was also great at times, yet inconsistent. Both Totti and Del Piero (the latter looks fit, but should show some more muscle) were nowhere to be seen though.

On to the ref, simply put: a disgrace. A penalty to Ghana not given, Italy was alone on goal two times, once with Iaquinta, Toni and Camoranesi and once with Iaquinta. Surely one of the two would have been a goal. Add to that the awful lack of cards shown to Ghana players.. Gyan should also have gotten a second yellow for his dive.. I don't think we'll see Simon again this WC.
del piero didnt had enough time to show something. totti did pretty well imo, you have to consider the injury what he had and the lack of playing time he has had. his shots on goal from freekicks where good, and he also hit some good corners.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)